Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    "Check r.io" doesn't mean anything. However I can open group finder at any time and always find people who ask more than they have, I just did, examples:

You could say these are cases of "rounding up" but then why not just ask 100 less and round it down?
    Because, with the exception of the first example, 1481 and 1787 would round to 1.5 and 1.8 respectively. Do you even decimal?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The pugger is not part of their usual team, might not be joining them on voice coms and all that. Therefore this higher score might be seen as a way to ensure the person won't mess up the run.
    What's weird is back in legion I've seen groups ask for voice comms, now in bfa, no one does. Not even for higher keys. I wonder why. +15 in Legion (when it was weekly cap) was much easier than +15 now and I've still seen more groups asking for voice back then than now.

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Sadly most of this ppl just look for free boost. I have asked some of them whey they want much higher score than they have and answers were different like
    "my group my rules"
    "i am good but pugs are bad so i look for higher score players"

Some ppl were even saying that they are 2k main but addon is bugged
    Tbh this is the best answer and sums everything.

Yeah the examples I picked weren't perfect because I literally spent 5 minutes in group finder, could have camped for 1 hour and find "worse" and more spot-on examples, but cba wasting time. Point is that everyone, doesn't matter if he's 500 or 2k score believes he's worth more score than he has and worth more than other people with similar score so obviously wants to group "upwards" only with people with scores above him, as I said, why does it bother someone if you have 1480 that another guy has 1410? Is he really so much beneath you?

And tbh blind score mania is often downfall of many groups, if you have example like the above linked by Chillside, guy with 500 score looking for +15, bet at his first misstep the "high score" players are gonna flame him and drop group. I just find it hilarious someone saying "checking r.io" as if he was checking passports, he doesn't even specify what is he exactly looking for. Reminds me of a guy I joined a pug of, and then he asks me what do I think of that healer that just queued... I know as much as you do, bro, what do you expect? Neither of us knows the person and both of us have access to the same tools and info (class, ilvl, r.io). Because of that we have situations like pug leaders who don't know what they're looking for, so "just in case" they'll invite 100% metacomp for measly +10 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    My horde priest couldn't clear a +2 lol, horde suck so bad at not high keys
    Low keys are such hit and miss. I remember needing the 5 extra tidalcores to kickstart my crafts on 1st week of season 2 after exhausting m0s, and started pugging +2s. Some were okay with the usual things like "guys do you wanna clear or death / cr skip?" "dunno you decide" "okay let's clear" 5 min later healer resto druid asks "btw how do you skip?" Glad I decided against it, 99% chance it would've backfired and we'd lose more time fumbling skip than just killing easy trash in +2. That was the good run. The bad one was 3 wipes on +2 underrot before we even reached the first boss. I'm usually not a bailer but this one just broke my spirit. At least I'm not "ruining" anyone's key cuz it can't downgrade any more...

What's weird is back in legion I've seen groups ask for voice comms, now in bfa, no one does. Not even for higher keys. I wonder why. +15 in Legion (when it was weekly cap) was much easier than +15 now and I've still seen more groups asking for voice back then than now.
    It's pointless to require voice comms for low keys like +15/+16 right now. For keys higher than that, people take the voice comms for granted. Even if the group description did not require voice comms, you will likely end up using them (or get kicked for refusing to use them).

Yeah the examples I picked weren't perfect because I literally spent 5 minutes in group finder, could have camped for 1 hour and find "worse" and more spot-on examples, but cba wasting time. Point is that everyone, doesn't matter if he's 500 or 2k score believes he's worth more score than he has and worth more than other people with similar score so obviously wants to group "upwards" only with people with scores above him, as I said, why does it bother someone if you have 1480 that another guy has 1410? Is he really so much beneath you?
    Just don't join groups that set unreasonable requirements.

And tbh blind score mania is often downfall of many groups, if you have example like the above linked by Chillside, guy with 500 score looking for +15, bet at his first misstep the "high score" players are gonna flame him and drop group.
    They should all know what they are in for. The +500 guy should expect that "high score" players will quit the moment the key is depleted. The "high score" players should expect the +500 guy to fuck up a lot.

I just find it hilarious someone saying "checking r.io" as if he was checking passports, he doesn't even specify what is he exactly looking for.
    That could be a code for "I will spend 5 min checking your raider.io profile, be patient".

Reminds me of a guy I joined a pug of, and then he asks me what do I think of that healer that just queued... I know as much as you do, bro, what do you expect? Neither of us knows the person and both of us have access to the same tools and info (class, ilvl, r.io). Because of that we have situations like pug leaders who don't know what they're looking for, so "just in case" they'll invite 100% metacomp for measly +10 etc.
    Tanks and healers often get such questions, and that might not be a bad thing. Means that instead of blindly following the warrior-rdruid meta, the leader is willing to invite different classes, but first tries to make sure the tank&healer classes are compatible.

Low keys are such hit and miss. I remember needing the 5 extra tidalcores to kickstart my crafts on 1st week of season 2 after exhausting m0s, and started pugging +2s. Some were okay with the usual things like "guys do you wanna clear or death / cr skip?" "dunno you decide" "okay let's clear" 5 min later healer resto druid asks "btw how do you skip?" Glad I decided against it, 99% chance it would've backfired and we'd lose more time fumbling skip than just killing easy trash in +2. That was the good run. The bad one was 3 wipes on +2 underrot before we even reached the first boss. I'm usually not a bailer but this one just broke my spirit. At least I'm not "ruining" anyone's key cuz it can't downgrade any more...
    But joining a +2 key and expecting a wealth of knowledge/experience from players is kind of... elitist.
    Most good/experienced players will go at least straight for +7 if possible. If you join +2, you should expect players to have close to 0 dungeon experience and therefore very little situational awareness (due to being overwhelmed with new experience).
    Also, this reminds me of Opulence HC pugs. The red flag healers are the ones who never write anything in chat or acknowledge they will take a gem. Most of the times they are the ones who indeed take no gem and do no dispels.

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    It's pointless to require voice comms for low keys like +15/+16 right now. For keys higher than that, people take the voice comms for granted. Even if the group description did not require voice comms, you will likely end up using them (or get kicked for refusing to use them).
    After doing lots of m+ with guild with voice comms I must say I feel it's missing when I pug without it, for example for coordinating interrupts, even with the standard weak aura it still doesn't prevent people from overlapping them because no one can mind read who takes 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. and some casts are too short to "wait and see" if anyone else took it.

Just don't join groups that set unreasonable requirements.
    Yep. I don't. If I want weekly done I tend to join pugs that state "going for completion even if not in time" or something similar and avoid the usual lingo "big dick dps don't suck" blah blah and requiring more score than they have. Biggest reason that I installed r.io addon was to spot the people who demand more score than they have. I still joined groups where leader had lower score than myself as long as he looked sensible.

But joining a +2 key and expecting a wealth of knowledge/experience from players is kind of... elitist.
    Most good/experienced players will go at least straight for +7 if possible. If you join +2, you should expect players to have close to 0 dungeon experience and therefore very little situational awareness (due to being overwhelmed with new experience).
    If I join a +2 key I tend to avoid things that can easily backfire, like skips, walljumps, shrouds, trying to tiptoe around a moving patrol etc. I will pull 1 pack at a time unless I see they can surely handle more. I expect low dps / hps as these people are there probably to gear up. If a skip is very common like "shroud to 1st boss" on Freehold or death run before last boss Motherlode I'll ask, but when I see people aren't 100% sure, I assume at least 1 person won't know what to do and opt to just clear a path. As I said, even though people didn't know the skip, we just didn't skip and it was still a good run, we triple upgraded the key even with overcap trash.

However when people don't know the basics, then you wonder why won't they run the dungeon on hc / m0 first and why don't they check their class abilities first. Irks me when things happen like boomkins never dispelling poison / enrage / curse and then behaving as if they shouldn't have to.

Oh, I also tend to wait and check if everyone made it to the room and didn't pull anything, and pick if they pulled stuff, but sometimes I just facepalm hard. Bonus points for people who die, insta release and then don't know their pathing through the dungeon to run back. Unless it's the healer and nobody can rez, why doesn't he just stay dead and get rezzed if he doesn't know the way back.

Anyway I joined underrot +2 and first sentence on party chat was like "easy +3 upgrade then doing +5 after", enter dungeon and see people all kinds of suicidal. I wonder how many of you good samaritans would stick with it.