Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    since i agree with all u said... does that turn this topic to more of echo room or discuss ?
    well i can add pruning abilities, lfg/r (and that comes from someone who was stupid and celebrating lfg as the discover of steam engine... how f8cking STUPID i was), older talent tree, anti-flying everywhere
    or in general when they stopped adding new content (u can say wrath is last one that did that) and went to direction of replace/remove older content
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    so instead of get gud you choose give up
    well actually...if you want to call it that: yeah i gave up. I don't know what else to do? Having a job means very limited free time. With very limited free time comes a lack of people to play with. Our team is not good enough to get higher and they simply don't want to try because as i said very limited free time and nobody wants to waste that time wiping over and over to the same mechanics...Maybe i really just gave up and accepted that +12 is my limit now

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    WoW has incredibly few tangible goals left. It's a bunch of weekly loot pinatas you can't fail at, coupled with your weekly raid.
    If you don't progression raid, or just enjoy Cosmetics of Mountcraft, I am genuinely curious what people are still doing ingame. I felt done with my first 120 after a couple of days at 120 because it nearly instantly became just a matter of increasing gear. Problem was that I was already overgearing everything, barring raids/high m+. Everything else wipes your arse with RNG silk at every moment, no matter how poorly you play.

Titanforging tries to fix an issue that stems from gear becoming too abundant (people outgear content too quickly, but you may still have that one slot you've been unlucky with, maybe a random piece +xx ilvl leggins from a 5man while helping your ingame friends will give you a dose of dopamine for about 15 seconds.
    Gear rewards being INCREDIBLY disconnected from actual difficulty. Just do your weekly, guaranteed success bucket-list and you're done. But Blizzard can't seem to decide what to do with tiers of content, and now we're back to "There may only be 1 raid tier relevant at a time", so once again Titanforging (giving older content a chance to be lucrative) loses meaning even further.

Damn do I miss knowing exactly what item I wanted from a particular boss. That gave me goals to work towards, and with those items I gathered, I could progressively do more challenging, harder content to get even better rewards. Now I just do the loot pinatas, throw seals, and hope items magically appear in my bags. Well, up 'til last december anyway, my sub is expired.

Titanforging can work, but it does not mesh well in a would-be MMORPG that wants anyone with 10 hours at max level to be ready for the latest raid.
    Yea that a suprise... not gearing or raiding in an mmo leaves out a major chunk of what to do. Who would have thought?

There is so much to do in WoW. But if you dislike every single thing, then maybe you just don't like WoW (anymore) and should move on?
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    Yea that a suprise... not gearing or raiding in an mmo leaves out a major chunk of what to do. Who would have thought?

There is so much to do in WoW. But if you dislike every single thing, then maybe you just don't like WoW (anymore) and should move on?
    Hint, don't take a single sentence from a post and base your entire response from it. Context actually matters.
    But yeah, if we're going to discuss from that sentence alone;
    Yup, I wish the rest of the game actually provided some sort of gameplay and goals to work towards as well, not just increase my DPS in raids I've already done. How nice it'd be to have world zones, reputations, ordinary dungeons that actually provide content for more than a few days. Nah, the entire game has to revolve around clearing the latest raid, everything else is just supposed to be pointless padding.

And that is just what zones, WQs, dungeons and factions etc becomes when it's designed to literally be easily cleared in gear you ding 120 with, just to make sure anyone can get into raiding straight off the bat.

I would much rather play an RPG that actually builds towards something. Level up, feel like the reputation I get will be truly useful at 120 along the way, I want to get to max level, run multiple dungeons to get some bare basic starting gear, with that gear I should now be able to clear progressively tougher world- and small group content. Get reputation and unlock better pre-raid gear.

Instead the entire goddamn game is designed as if it's telling me
    "Here, we'll spoonfeed you a taste of EVERYTHING, and don't forget to do all your weekly loot pinatas! The latest raid is waiting! Plz don't unsub until next content update, it'll be at least 1 weeks worth of content, promise!"

It's simply astounding how quickly BFA makes you just repeat shit you've already done. I stopped caring about gear after 2 days at level 120 because I had already been able to see all content, and there was no worthwhile side-stuff to do either. Why should I care about professions, or reputations, for example? It's not like anything you do will matter in the next content patch, or maybe I should start calling them "self-contained seasons".
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-02-21 at 02:53 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I don't dislike Titanforging. I kind of like it. I also do not raid, or M+. I'm an alts and cosmetics player, I suppose you'd say. I can see competitive raiders disliking TF, but for everyone else? It's a good system.

What I dislike is that classes aren't generally engaging or rewarding or FUN to play anymore. This is not news, I'd say its the most common core issue people have with the game today. Also the new types of content introduced in this expansion (Warfronts and especially Islands) either aren't fun, aren't rewarding, or both.

What the game is missing is a Mage-tower type of content, but that didn't happen in Legion until later. So perhaps it still will. I hope so, it creates incentive to
    1) level alts (this part sucks badly right now, but will improve in 8.2 with heirlooms)
    2) gear alts (this is fairly easy right now which is good... this is the only benefit of the Azerite system that I see).
    3) learn all the specs (easy to a fault)

People have wildly different lenses on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex91213 View Post
    Yes but I also want to have a discussion about what we can do about these systems. How we can change them and come up with ideas, as a community.
    And do what about it? Blizzard very openly hates being proven wrong, they will go to extreme length to *try* to invent something new the community hasn't come up with before they could just to show that they're not useless. That's how we end up with 3 features that no one asked for and no one likes, warfront, islands, azerite. That's the best they managed. The more ideas we come up with as a community, the most complicated we make their job. The best we can do is shut up and hope they do exactly what we think lol.

Or tell them it's fine if they just pick our ideas and make money with it, cuz you know, there's not 800 spots freshly opened to hire people with legit ideas.

Ion stop hidding
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

This title...isnt this a repost?
    Must be my imagination...