Poll: Should G'huun and Jaina dropped higher ilvl loot?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was odd in the last two tiers. It gives your raid group a reason to push through each week. It just makes sense for better gear to drop from the later bosses especially the last boss.

I would just be happy if they gave those bosses a majority of GOOD items. Could really care less if the item level was a little higher or not. To me it is pretty clear they are designing the places with pretty easy first half, a mild middle, and maybe two difficult bosses at the end but one guarantee is the last boss is going to be next level compared to the rest of the joint. But Ghuun and 300 dollar asian boy face statue lady pretty much have all shit items. I mean don't get me wrong maybe it landed this go around on your "stack stick" boot combo or something but shouldn't these bosses have amazing weapons, trinkets, rings and other shit like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The difference is, higher ilvl loot can also warforged to an even higher ilvl and invalidate other loot in the instance. By having her loot be warforged by default, it is both better but without actually affecting the ilvl of the season as a whole. It's a more elegant solution that also reduces RNG.
    Uu'nat drops 425 mythic loot, but his loot won't be able to warforge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There are difficulties other than Mythic. Strange notion I know . . .
    The ilvl cap will still not change. Blizzard also nerfed the chance of loot to warforge as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChvyKc View Post
    I thought this was odd in the last two tiers. It gives your raid group a reason to push through each week. It just makes sense for better gear to drop from the later bosses especially the last boss.
    While I do think final boss should drop higher ilvl stuff, there are valid balance concerns there. The most obvious case is weapons, of course, and unless final boss drops just about every weapon there is you run into cases where some classes or specs may end up being shortchanged. Same goes about trinkets or big budget pieces.

It's not that cut and dry and what I am talking about was something that was a topic in WoD with Archimonde dropping a couple of very specific weapons that were superior to everything else due to ilvl and people without weapon drop there felt short-changed.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-04-05 at 04:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, considering they are much harder.

But I never been a fan of this increased difficulty. Compare the first boss and the last boss and the difficulty is so extremely different.

I prefer raids where each boss is equally hard, which in practise would mean the early bosses would be harder and the later bosses would be easier. Balance the difficulty throughout the raid to be the same. Same difficulty - different strategies. So more focus on different mechanics and tactics and less focus on increased difficulty. If you did that, all bosses could drop same ilvl gear without it feeling strange.