Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Return everything to how it was back during Mists with the included new spells from gaining more levels. That means Challenge Mode dungeons come back, Reforging comes back, every kind of vendor comes back, justice, valor, conquest and honor points come back (yes i know honor points never left but they've changed how they are used now), class designs revert back to what they were except for minor changes because of new classes (looking at you warlock/demon hunter), heroic/normal dungeons come back as well as heroic and normal raids (they can leave flex mode in the trash for all I care) and every spell that's been removed since Mists is returned. Do that and watch the people flock back to the game in amounts never seen before.

I would love for some form of a journey to return to the game, the closest I can get to that now is anytime an expansion launches and usually it's over within a month, and no timegating won't make me stay. Having just logged in to see if there was anything interesting I quickly came to the realization that I could just queue up for LFR kill Jaina and have defeated the current final boss of the game with gear that I farmed off of a few mythic 0's and world quests back in September. No effort to it, I mean the least they could do is lock it behind the war campaign, I mean come on is it really this difficult for Blizzard to design content that takes time/effort without timegating it?

Edit: I should add that there's no gear progression either, I don't give a shit about anything I'm wearing or could be wearing it's all just as replaceable and non-unique as the next piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    What worked (i mean, REALLY worked) in Legion, was the Mage Tower.

A high difficulty solo challenge (aka do it in your own time) that DOESNT scale (aka gets easier, but slowly) for neat <somethings> that are highly visible and cannot be had any other way.
    For some people? Sure. It certainly didn't work for me. I had no interest in any of the skins and some I actively hate (looking at you, gorilla-bear).

Also, if the game at its core is not fun (class design), I think very little will keep people around.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    For some people? Sure. It certainly didn't work for me. I had no interest in any of the skins and some I actively hate (looking at you, gorilla-bear).

Also, if the game at its core is not fun (class design), I think very little will keep people around.
    fun is obviously a matter of opinion. some people like 2 button vanilla wow. some people enjoy being kicked in the testicles.

To keep players subscribed is simple.Add meaningful content.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    How does Diablo (1, 2 or 3) do it. I know they are different types of games. But there is something in Diablo that keeps people repeating the same content with the same character.
    Interesting loot. Let's say you need piece X, Y and Z to play build #1 and piece A, B and C to play build #2 you go out and farm for those pieces. The RNG elements of the loot is irrelevant because it's the effects associated with certain pieces that makes it interesting.

If gear in D3 was simply main stat + 3 random magic properties people would be bored really fast.

Diablo have a nice synergy with a vast amount of builds and how the gear alter your builds. WoW has none of that, your build is pretty much the same all the time and the gear doesn't alter your gameplay at all.

In WoW they've used a ARPG reward structure without any of the design elements that make a reward structure like that work. They were on the right track with the legion legendaries in order to get the ARPG design philosophy to work but instead of iterating upon it and making it better they scrapped the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Are you one of them? Noone here is one of them.

Are you one of those people that co-opt the concerns of the wealthy thinking that bc you subscribe to them on social media, that their problems are your problems? Like, did you do jaina M?

190 guilds have killed jaina so far. That's nowhere near the "worst" of anything, when there are hundreds of thousands of guilds.
    Okay, let's say I am wrong. Then, what do you think is currently an issue why people are not sticking around as the op's question was?

Is it story? Imho no, the story is good, if aggrevating on 'what the heck is the end goal?'. But that kinda is one of the reasons to actually stay.
    Are it the quests? Imho again no. There is more diversity and the number of 'sucky' quests is low. Both in leveling content and repeatable content.
    Are there issues with the classes. Absolutely and others have mentioned it too. But that alone I find unlikely to be why people do not stick around.
    Is loot a problem? Yeah, fairly sure titanforging and the speed at which we gain loot upgrades as well as the strong jumps of power are a problem.
    Is community a problem? Cannot say, I avoid the community.
    Are raid setups a problem? That is what I put up above as one of the potential issues why people do not stick around. I do believe that long term goals are lacking there.
    Is PvP a problem? No idea.
    Are warfronts a problem? No, they are optional, though they are part of the loot problem.
    Are isle expeditions a problem? Not really, but sadly not as exciting as I wished for due to the set isles. Really wish they were purely random as originally advertised.
    Is the heart of azeroth a problem? Yes, hopefully the 8.2 change will fix a lot there. But also see class issues.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

heavy focus on the social aspect of the game.

content will always run out, no matter how fast you churn it out. so make people stay for their friends, not the game.