Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    This nonsense again. There is no evidnce of this and you need to realize that you are not the only one playing the game and that stricftly catering to what you want isn't going to bring sub levels back to 10 million. Nothing they do is going to bring that many people back. It's an old game. People have gotten older. What they like to do has changed. You need to take the nostalgia glasses off because what you want will never happen again.
    Finally someone with some common sense !

This nonsense again. There is no evidnce of this and you need to realize that you are not the only one playing the game and that stricftly catering to what you want isn't going to bring sub levels back to 10 million. Nothing they do is going to bring that many people back. It's an old game. People have gotten older. What they like to do has changed. You need to take the nostalgia glasses off because what you want will never happen again.
    The evidence is all around you if you care to look. The massive decrease in player numbers is one of the major pieces though.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    The evidence is all around you if you care to look. The massive decrease in player numbers is one of the major pieces though.
    Don't bother.

People are more happy to stick their fingers in their ears and proclaim WoW is fine these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Don't bother.

People are more happy to stick their fingers in their ears and proclaim WoW is fine these days.
    I've noticed. Delusion and wishful thinking can go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Javanface View Post
    They need to make the server you play on matter again somehow. The current way where you do every group activity with people you'll never run into again just makes all encounters with other people meaningless.
    that's a combined effect of LFG and crossrealm,and it's probably way too late to fix it.Making it so you never see your teammates again and you never have to interact with anyone you play with destroyed the community

You failed to read anythign I said. Nothing you claim is evidnce that these devs hate anything the previous devs did. And again, strictly catering to you and what you want will not bring sub levels back to 10 million. Nothing will. You can only speak for you and there aren't 10 million people who think just like you either. You need to take off the nostalgia glasses. That fantasy world you are living in will never become reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    that's a combined effect of LFG and crossrealm,and it's probably way too late to fix it.Making it so you never see your teammates again and you never have to interact with anyone you play with destroyed the community
    Players destroyed the community. Stop blaming Blizz for what the players caused.

Players destroyed the community. Stop blaming Blizz for what the players caused.

Exactly. Raider.io was made by players, not blizzard. Same with GS (now you can see the ilvl of people in LFG but thats because people asked for it) ect.
    You can't "fix" people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Phew...I am sorry. I pride myself on speaking fluent english, but you are losing me (or should I say, you bested me?) I have no idea what you are on about. I feel like I read something that has been through 10 google translations from your native language to russian, chinese, portugese, korean...etc ..and then to english
    Okay so it's not me lol...
    His profile says "Strasbourg" (France)...

- - - Updated - - -

The decrease in numbers occurs because MMORPG are not trendy anymore and don't attract new people. People will always stop playing at some point but if no new players are coming... here you are, the number of subs drops...

There is a reason why there are almost no new MMORPG nowadays, it's because they don't attract people anymore (at least in the west) and I can perfectly understand why. Battle royale are the new trend as moba's were before. And before that it was mmorpg's.
    Last edited by vashe9; 2019-03-25 at 01:44 PM.

Welcome back!

Enjoy the community!

You have been banned!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Everytime they try to add a mandatory social component to the game the anti-social “solo-gamers” in the community just whine and whine. So can’t really blame them for that stance

That said, I think WQ could certainly use a social aspect to break up the monotony
    It would be cool if they made some WQ's that were scenarios that you could que for with a couple of random bosses that are pulled from a pool of possible bosses to keep it fresh, similar to the ones at the end of a legion invasion but more contained and less drawn out. The lack of variety and group content with WQ's kinda ruins any enjoyment you can have with them.

Bunch of tards as dev's is why the current game sucks.

They're willing to do anything

except actually make a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Being able to find the queue is one thing, as you say it's not complicated. It's an easy to find UI button. Perhaps making a brief tutorial quest, something like use the LFG tool 3 times would be an idea, but that's not really the main problem with the system. Understanding what other players expect of you in that group is another entirely. No amount of FPS lobbies or menus are going to prepare you for that.

Imagine being a newbie tank or healer. You're asking four other players to die over and over until you can figure it out. Four random strangers you find in LFG are expecting you to already know how to do it flawlessly right from level 15. I'm sure everyone has been in a group where someone has made a simple mistake and the whole thing has collapsed into rage because of it. That is not going to be a suitable environment for you to learn in, but the later you leave it the worse it'll be. You'll almost always be learning group content in a hostile environment.

By the time you learn all of the usual group conventions, like marking targets, the terminology used and such, you've already overcome a lot of the hurdles to being a valuable group member. But most players never make it that far! They've either been scared away from group content or just quit the game entirely. There isn't any kind of "on ramp" for this content. You're immediately put in a place where you're already expected to know it all and any mistakes you make in small group content is immediately noticable and called out by experienced players. Which is completely the wrong approach.

One of the true genius features of LFR is that level of anonymity that it offers. No one cares if you make mistakes, you're still going to kill the boss anyway. There's no yelling, no blame and no rage. In many ways, it's a much more welcoming introductary experience than 5 man groups are. Having the space to make mistakes and the benefit of being able to blend in without having to really try means you've got plenty of time and opportunity to learn some of the important parts of your class in a lower stress environment than in a 5 man dungeon.

What if you're completely new to the game and haven't had the chance to make friends with anyone yet? Would such a player even know what a guild is, or even how to pick out one that suits them? Asking them to find the resources themselves outside of the game is a solution that is going to push them away.

What if you've just returned to WoW from a 4-5 year break to find all the friends you had have quit. You're going to find yourself in a place where you're so far out of the loop that getting back into it is hard. Your guild has likely collapsed and moved on, so you're completely on your own until you can form new social connections - Which is the elephant in the room really.

It's super hard to make new connections in WoW right now. Adding friends from dungeons isn't a viable option anymore, most of them are players you will never see or interact with again. The same is true for open world content, any players you do happen to come across are ones you're never going to see again. Where does one go to make new friends in WoW? You could join a guild blindly and hope for the best, which is really your only option in this situation.

FF14 gets around this by having a dedicated new and returning player channel, where you can ask stupid questions, get input and advice from more experienced players and so on. It's not a perfect solution, but it's an easy one. One that Blizzard could patch in extremely rapidly if they needed to, afterall, it's just moving players into a new chat channel. Easy. Obviously there are more factors in play, mostly around FF14's server structure, but as potential solutions go it's a straight forwards and simple one with very little risk attached.

To borrow ideas from other genres, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue and other fighters put players into a virtual Arcade of sorts, which acts as a form of social hub between games where you can chat to other players, use pre-determined emotes and such. It gives you the chance to interact with other players outside of a match, to ask questions, make frenemies and even to watch matches between other players. It's as much a learning experience as it is a social one.

Perhaps do something similar with the LFG tools, where you're moved to an instanced version of your factions portal room while in the queue with everyone else from your server. Creating a sort of communal area where you can talk to potential group members before hand, inspect players or even just form a group right there and then and skip the queue. For players who don't want to do LFG content, maybe add something like a park or a market or something where players from one server can just hang out. Maybe even have pre-scripted events that are basically giant parties (The social gathering kind, not the killing bosses kind) with free food and drinks where players can get to know each other.

It's far from an impossible problem to solve, it just requires a bit of willingness from both Blizzard and the player base to tackle it.
    I like your fervor in the matter, but I think it's a complete waste of time and resources developing anything like that. The game has much more problems to tackle than that.

Quick notes on a few of your points:

- LFR is and never will be any kind of precursor to organized grouping be it 5man/M+/or raiding higher than LFR. It's the worst part of the game where you will find the worst type of people.
    - While I am sure it happens, an absolutely new player to the game nowadays is exceedingly rare. Kids these days with kids being your average teenager and stuff aren't playing MMO's. Even if they did join, every game they have ever played has multiplayer capability nowadays.
    - Someone returning after a long break would still know how to make friends/use systems in game to establish relationships, so this isn't needed.
    - They had things like proving grounds which are still in the game that teach you how to play your class and role. I believe also something similar when you boost your character.

The only way they can really do that is by slowing down the game by a lot. If you need to stop and talk, coordinate and strategize in order to succeed then people will. The current way of playing the game is to go as fast as possible and AOE everything down, talking stands in the way of that.

In order to foster communication they need to alter a lot more than you would think at a first glance.
    Yes. They need to return the gameplay structure back to the way it was during vanilla tbc early wotlk. Thats the only way to bring back socialization. You cannot have ease of acess where mostly everything can be soloed and socialuzation at the same time.

I wouldn't put any stock into what any dev says at this point. Unless theyre willing to a massive rewrite and structure change whatever theyre talking is just dribble. In all reality, its not going to happen
    Last edited by Demithio; 2019-03-26 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Yes. They need to return the gameplay structure back to the way it was during vanilla tbc early wotlk. Thats the only way to bring back socialization. You cannot have ease of acess where mostly everything can be soloed and socialuzation at the same time.

I wouldn't put any stock into what any dev says at this point. Unless theyre willing to a massive rewrite and structure change whatever theyre talking is just dribble. In all reality, its not going to happen
    can you people seriusly wait for your classic and go play it ?

instead infesting every single thread on general with this propaganda of " classic-wolk amazing retail is shit "

its just beyond boring at this point

wait for summer and classic and go play your supperior form of game.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    can you people seriusly wait for your classic and go play it ?

instead infesting every single thread on general with this propaganda of " classic-wolk amazing retail is shit "

wait for summer and classic and go play your supperior form of game.
    can you people just stop posting on forums and play it?

instead of infesting every thread on general with propaganda of " retail is doing fine" why not play it

why dont you people just play retail if you like it so much instead of posting on forums 24/7 telling people how great it is ?