Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    But then you remember you can buy games for 60$ and enjoy them for 10 years or so.
    But that doesn't happen, so you're wrong.

$2240 for the best MMORPG of all time seems like a deal to me.

If you play wow 4 hours a day on a monthly sub of 13e that is 0.11 euros per hour of fun.
    Or for 1 euro you get 9.23 hours of fun.

Thats not counting the expansion purchases but then again its also not counting the tokens you can get for gold.
    Either way its a good deal IF you like the game.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    lets pretend that you play wow for 30 minutes a day.

30 minutes x 30 days x 172 months / 60 minutes = 2580 hours of entertainment/$2236 = $1.16 per hour.

if you go to a movie that movie will cost you somewhere around $10/hour.

clearly wow costs too much

a fun tip: $1.16 is how much you pay no matter how long you've played, if you play 30 minutes a day/3.5 hours a week/16 hours a month
    Wow has always scored well for me in $ in: Time played ratio. I've had a lot of fun with WoW and it was worth every penny. I do unsub when I get board so that helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I mean it's been 12 years but that's close enough. An extremely modified TES: Oblivion.
    but at this point, your not really playing oblivion anymore, you are playing the mods you downloaded. I played enderal a few weeks ago, you can't really say i played skyrim. Cause all the content i did was mod related.

I never quite understand why people refer to milking as something that's done to an involontary party. Cows like being milked, in fact they'll get physically hurt if they're not milked regularly when they're producing the stuff.

Not sure why this thread keeps popping up though, I'd say the OP has been pretty shot down by now. Not even the most vehement haters will (most of the time) try to spin the price aspect as a jab.

While I have issues with the way blizzard monetizes aspects of the game and its services, the sub fee is really not the issue, even if accumulated over all these years. While I certainly got a better deal out of minecraft in comparison (thanks to free mods!), there is no way I would have played any other game as much in these 14+ years than WoW. It's a bit like adding up all the drinks you've consumed since you got your hands on your first and then complaining that all of them turned to piss in the end anyway.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-04-10 at 12:59 AM.

I mean there are even cheaper games out there - i played Dota 2 for over 2000 hours and a total of all i ever purchased was less than 3 euros.

But as long as u like WoW the cost/hour of fun is good especially if you use gold for tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I never quite understand why people refer to milking as something that's done to an involontary party. Cows like being milked, in fact they'll get physically hurt if they're not milked regularly when they're producing the stuff.

Not sure why this thread keeps popping up though, I'd say the OP has been pretty shot down by now. Not even the most vehement haters will (most of the time) try to spin the price aspect as a jab.
    The cow part is only the case because we bread them in a way that this is actually the case. A normal cow wouldn't constantly produce milk, that is a purely bread-in feature. Afaik it also does usually not refer to cows being milked, but milking something else that is not supposed to be miled that way, even though that got lost over time.

This isn't how money works

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

Because they want to look smart when they complain about something they don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Today I realised it have been 172 months since WoW's launch. And if you have been around since launch and paid 6 months sub it's 2236$.
    Seeing how high the total cost is it starts to feel like a scam, no game is worth 2236$. We really should get more with the money we have paid.
    you better stop eating junkfood, did you do the math on that one? Your post is so lame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Because they want to look smart when they complain about something they don't like.
    he looks the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would pay another $2236 for 15 more years of unlimited entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    No house is worth half a million dollars...
    No car is worth more than 20 grand...
    No wall is worth five million...

Yet plenty of people are lining up for those.

$2.5 grand over the course of fifteen years is nothing compared to those.

Name one game you bought fifteen years ago that you still actively play every day.
    Melee

Lol
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

And my playtime is in the 5 digit (hour) area. Pretty cheap if you ask me.

But then you remember you can buy games for 60$ and enjoy them for 10 years or so.
    Even if you play 60$ game for 1 year it's still way cheaper.
    So you start off with a known false statement, then move the goalpost while literally comparing Apples to Oranges. Nice!

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had a consistent subscription since the end of 3.1. Even if I had, I'd still consider it a fair price for thousands of hours of entertainment and good memories.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Moo.

Milk me, Blizzard.

Gimme juicy WoW patches in return.

this made me actually laugh out loud... you feel scammed for $2500 for 15 years of entertainment?

I've been playing since launch. Here's some numbers from my personal experience.
    Main - 10.5 cents per hour of play time
    Alts - 12 cents per hour of play time

How is that even remotely a scam?

10+ Year Old Account
    Averaged over the life of my subscription (Jan 2005) which is between 2 and 2.5hrs per day I am only paying about 0.20 to 0.25 per hour.

It costs more than that in bandwidth use to play with myself, and doesn't last nearly as long as wow sessions.
    "When you build it, you love it!"