any reason to be Alchemist?

Hi.
    I'm thinking of either getting Herbalism + Alchemy, or Herbalism + Enchanting.

So I could D/E world quest items and any other drop (for profit), while Herbing myself materials for potions and flasks.

And I was wondering, is there any bonus to be Alchemist instead? Maybe some potions / flasks require BoP ingredients? Or transmuting stuff is profitable? Or maybe flasks last twice as long for Alchemists like it used to?

I'm not raiding since... Wotlk probably, so I don't know these things anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Gourami View Post
    Hi.
    I'm thinking of either getting Herbalism + Alchemy, or Herbalism + Enchanting.

So I could D/E world quest items and any other drop (for profit), while Herbing myself materials for potions and flasks.

And I was wondering, is there any bonus to be Alchemist instead? Maybe some potions / flasks require BoP ingredients? Or transmuting stuff is profitable? Or maybe flasks last twice as long for Alchemists like it used to?

I'm not raiding since... Wotlk probably, so I don't know these things anymore
    Alchemy is the best profession in the game atm hands down.

Raiding. 2 hour flasks
    also PROCS! made a guild cauldron. procced 5.
    made 20 flasks afterwards got 40. ect
    id suggest an druid alt as a mining herbing alt enchanting and alchemy is a good combo. tho it depends on howmuch you play alts and if you wanna make gold or just be self proficient.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    Alchemy is the best profession in the game atm hands down.
    Kinda, if we look at what Alchemy actually gives.

2 hr flasks - fantastic for solo play but any raiding guild worth their salt will do cauldrons so way less benefit where you would use the most flasks
    Extra free flasks/pots - Great but it depends what the herb prices are and on my server at least the herbs used for making flasks/pots are more expensive so you have to get lucky with procs for it to even be worth over just selling the herb.
    'free' Expulsom daily transmute- does any1 rly need Expulsom any more, with the new wqs in 8.1 its pretty easy to get now.

Imo the real money maker is Herbalism, being able to generate base materials is always gonna make gold. How much depends on server but I find it quite relaxing to throw on a film or something and herb on 2nd screen.

Your mission is the most important exhibition of your life
    Everyone needs a mission, and this is the part of what gives you your impulse and your purpose. When you know what your why is, you will be more dedicated to your skill development, you will push yourself more, and your clarity towards the future will be clearer.

Your relationships with your family, with friends, and romance will be drastically improved because you are living authentically and for your true purpose. You are fulfilling every day, and this brings more passion to each of those areas, it will improve your finances, because you will add enormous value, and your free time expands because you have created your ideal life of your passions. We hope you can recognize why clarifying your mission makes everything easier.

In addition, it is before your love life, because your heart is open, giving it to everyone as you see it, and you will provide value for generations to come. There is an anecdote in the story when the main character of Santiago faces a choice between his love Fatima, or his mission, also known as why his search began.

He goes to a fortune teller who tells him that he could choose her first, and that he would be happy, for a while. After these short years, it would cause destruction in the town because it did not give the world its full gift. In the end, he chose to leave her and carry out his mission, and was able to regain his love and relationship after he fulfilled his main objective.

This goes for us too. If you are not willing to throw everything overboard for the best, and your highest consciousness, you will not end well.

I would say it still is one of the best professions in the game, both for you, your guild and for making money. So definitely pick up an alt with herb/mining (druid has been suggested), and get going.

Anyone with a WoD army of mission table Alts should bring them to 110 and get alchemy. Transmuting anchor weed is 600g profit per day per char on my server just for logging in to push a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Anyone with a WoD army of mission table Alts should bring them to 110 and get alchemy. Transmuting anchor weed is 600g profit per day per char on my server just for logging in to push a button.
    That's when you have your own mats?

P.S. I'm still doing the pet transmute every week, but 90% of the time it's one of the worthless drops, got maybe 3-5 good drops in the last year and I have 2 alchemists.

Herb + alchemy is the best proff combo in the game. Not because they're so good, but because everything else is trash after Blizzard destroyed professions and made them useless.

1. It's the best money maker. It's easy to fly around and herb, then make pots. You don't need stupid ingredients that are only obtainable from raids and dungeons, nor rare items to disenchant.
    2. Obviously if you're into raids and M+, you can save a lot of money by not buying pots and flasks.

Think of Alchemy like the Pharmaceutical industry. There is a reason why there is so much money in drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    That's when you have your own mats?

P.S. I'm still doing the pet transmute every week, but 90% of the time it's one of the worthless drops, got maybe 3-5 good drops in the last year and I have 2 alchemists.
    It doesn't matter if they are your own mats (look up opportunity cost).

Herbalism is the only one that really matters if you want gold.

Everything else has fallen by the wayside. Herbs are the only thing that's used by every raider all the time. Two pots per pull and being flasked all raid? Shit is expensive.

2 hours flask time is really helpson raid for yourgold saving