Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post
    Middle of the road

Certainly over hyped, and over zealously defended by fanatical WoW players/Blizzard devotees making it out as the best expansion yet--

--but it's certainly not the train wreck, abysmal expansion it's made out to be.

It's middle of the road. My opinion.
    This.

I don’t like the HoA design at the moment or how it works with Azerite gear and I miss tier sets, I (liked weighing which piece to take over an offset).

I do like the zones(art and story) and questing set up. I like old word zone scaling and ARs because I’m an altaholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frimelda View Post
    Hello all, I am someone who quit a month into Battle For Azeroth and was thinking of possibly trying the game out again and I was wondering what people currently think of the expansion thus far?
    'Sokay.

Story is excellent. War campaign is really a treat. Many great cutscenes. Lots of lore. Good character development.
    I cannot shake the feeling that it is a re-hash of Mists of Pandaria though. Sylvanas is Garrosh 2.0, so much. I just hope they will do a better job of landing it.
    It is worth playing a character on both factions, to see it all.

Zones are excellent. I love them all, even including that depressing swamp of death; Nazmir.
    The Zandalar continent is amazing in lore, with all the Loa really spicing things up. The Kul'Tiras continent is pretty like no other, and has so much detail to it.

Dazar'alor is universally praised as a fantastic raid, not raiding myself so can't say. LFR version of it is okay, but not worth doing much.
    Warfronts could be fun, but are not really worth repeating multiple times, feels like a missed opportunity as they are very linear experiences. I do them once per cycle for the loot chest.
    Island Expeditions are essentially a bit dull. There is variety in what you see, but lacks variety in what you do. I find myself skipping them too as farming AP is not worth your time.
    Dungeons are high quality, but as always you get sick of doing the same ones over and over.
    Daily quests are a bit meh by now, we've seen them. They were good, but I've done them all a million times already.

Gameplay is the more or less same as before. Find monster, kill monster, get loot and XP. Repeat. Lack of artifact traits powers feel like a nerf since Legion.
    Azerite Gear system replacing the artifacts is not interesting. Traits are boring, not making much of an impact on anything. Very much a dud. Reworked system coming in 8.2.
    AP grinding is dull as a result. You have nothing to work for except re-unlocking the same traits you already use, but on slightly higher ilvl items. That's just pointless.

Biggest flaw: I have no incentive to go out and play.
    I have unlocked everything I reasonably can without raiding, now just waiting for the next patch with content.
    The only thing I can do is get more warfront chests that give me gear upgrades.
    However, every time I get a gear upgrade, everything scales up in difficulty anyway, making the entire effort rather pointless.
    Doubly so as a healer, where a sizeable upgrade in mastery just makes monsters thougher without improving my DPS. I have lost count of how often I destroy an item upgrade over that.
    So I find myself doing old content, for transform farming and such. That's the only thing that actually feels like progression to me. Current expansion content does not.
    Get the addon AllTheThings, it's really really giving this game major longevity.

That said: I really liked the good parts of BFA. The war campaign is most certainly worth your time. I'd recommend returning in 8.2 and see if you like the new reworked azerite system as well. Should be coming to the live servers around June-ish, though you can play it on the PTR now.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Class design is the reason I play wow.

I could careless how many pointless quality content they throw at me.

Class design was meh during legion, BFA is basically legion but pruned to the ground.

Imagine having to pick a talent that's been baseline for your class for years! (Shadow word: death).

WOD was playable because my character was fun to play, multistrike was fun, but the content was trash. But guess what, that didn't matter.

Better than WoD but far from Wrath or Legion.

Most of the issues people have are systems or external to the actual plot.

It doesn't feel good to do business with Blizzard anymore.

5+ Year Old Account
    BfA will be remembered as a VERY controversial expansion, at best - and only if Blizzard really nails it with 8.2 and 8.3. If they don't... Well, it will go down as WoD 2.0 (albeit for different reasons).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I quit about a month ago. The game in its current state is very grindy with limited replayability.

I have all 12 characters at 120 and it was feeling like a chore at the end to do this. The only reason i played as long as i did was because of my guild. My guild decided to stop raiding and i quickly realised that i wasn't enjoying the game outside of those times i spent raiding with guildies or doing M+ with them.

Its one of the worst expansions.
    Class design is so awful..
    World quests are boooring
    raids and dungeons are boring
    pvp is boring

Nothing combat based is fun in wow when class design is so shit

I'm enjoying myself almost as much as Legion but not quite as much. Many of my issues with azerite have largely been fixed, my main feels a lot better to play now than at the release of BFA and since I don't really do any organized content, I've roughly the same amount of stuff to do as I had in Legion minus the mage tower.

In fact I'd have more to do if I found island expeditions and warfronts compelling, but they're really not particularly fun to me. I only do the warfront quest for the chance at "elite" warfront transmog and don't even bother weekly capping island expeditions on any of my characters.

BFA no doubt had a rocky beginning and I understand most player frustrations, but the gameplay loop is satisfying to me so I'll continue playing. 8.2 seems very ambitious, so I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Class design is the reason I play wow.

I could careless how many pointless quality content they throw at me.

Class design was meh during legion, BFA is basically legion but pruned to the ground.

Imagine having to pick a talent that's been baseline for your class for years! (Shadow word: death).

WOD was playable because my character was fun to play, multistrike was fun, but the content was trash. But guess what, that didn't matter.
    I wish more people understood this, class design is paramount to enjoyment of almost anything in the game. Azerite has been a total let down, offers no interaction or flexibility, it's safe and lazy design, the same as talents, "oh damn I don't have an idea for this, so I'll take something away and make it a choice".

It's terrible.

The same company that said they don't want to give us passives that give X stat over the years have made an expansion with more passives doing just that than ever before. To remedy this in 8.2 they are adding in generic actives/passives for all classes to share. It's a joke.

My genuine opinion of BfA is pretty neutral, in a lot of ways it's good but it falls short in almost everything new they've added. The Warfronts were supposed to be an callback to the RTS games? How exactly? Island expeditions are forgettable grinds.

I've personally enjoyed the story even if it is flawed, I think Sylvanas is a meme character with terribly obvious writing, the more interesting story appears to be Jaina but even that is flat.
    Last edited by Chemii; 2019-04-26 at 10:08 AM.

As a non-raider it's boring as fuck. Didn't raid in Wrath but had a great time. BfA though? Leveling from 110 to 120 once was alright. The zones looked great and some of the quests were fun. But the mob scaling and densely packed zones make the world a chore and it's not fun to slog through that shit multiple times. The classes feel gutted, professions are the worst they've ever been. RNG rewards make the game feel like a slot machine simulator, except I'm spending time not dimes. The game feels hollow.

Ever since the excessive time gating that started in Legion, I've found that I just stop playing until all content is released, then start playing and don't stop.

I can't stand having a long epic quest line, and coming to a stop. Then next Tuesday getting that yellow ! on my minimap, do that 1 single quest (or a couple others), then boom -- nothing again until the following Tuesday. It is the epitome of terrible game design. So I just stop playing until everything is released, then enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Ever since the excessive time gating that started in Legion, I've found that I just stop playing until all content is released, then start playing and don't stop.

I can't stand having a long epic quest line, and coming to a stop. Then next Tuesday getting that yellow ! on my minimap, do that 1 single quest (or a couple others), then boom -- nothing again until the following Tuesday. It is the epitome of terrible game design. So I just stop playing until everything is released, then enjoy it.
    God don't remind me about Broken Shore.....

14 weeks of "story" where 13 weeks was go kill some random mobs or do some filler crap?

Literally never any reason to timegate a story in an RPG. It's despicable design.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frimelda View Post
    Hello all, I am someone who quit a month into Battle For Azeroth and was thinking of possibly trying the game out again and I was wondering what people currently think of the expansion thus far?
    Ive quited after month or even quicker. Didnt hit lvl cap i was just little bored. Now im back lvled up and geared resto shammy. Now i think about unlocking zandalari and lvlup smth else. Game is pretty copy paste Legion but for me Legion was better becuase of lore, item models and legendary weapons! Azerite armor is not these same but its still ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    God don't remind me about Broken Shore.....

14 weeks of "story" where 13 weeks was go kill some random mobs or do some filler crap?

Literally never any reason to timegate a story in an RPG. It's despicable design.
    i still can't believe they thought that was okay in a subscription game. Like there are games pushing the GAAS meme that give more and you pay once. WoW requires a sub fee and BfA was the first time i legitimately felt like that was an actual rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    i still can't believe they thought that was okay in a subscription game. Like there are games pushing the GAAS meme that give more and you pay once. WoW requires a sub fee and BfA was the first time i legitimately felt like that was an actual rip off.
    They still do though. They gated the War Campaign in 8.1. You couldn't do the last bit until around BFD opened up which was a month or so.

It's a damn joke that they think timegating a story is ok.

My feelings on BFA can be summed up with by Alliance Assault quest Ritual Rampage.

Where you're rampaging around on a giant void T-Rex and having constant T-Rex vs Tricerotops battles. That should be a fun way to finish up the Assault. Instead it feels slow, janky to control and it takes way longer than it should to complete. They managed to take what should be something that should be cool and make it monotonous. Just think about that for a second, being bored while causing mayhem on a super powered Dinosaur that shoots insanity lasers. The fact that Blizzard managed something like that is an achivement to be admired, they managed what should have been impossible.

It's a perfect analogy for BFA as a whole. There are lots of good ideas in there and it had the potential to be great, but the execution is poor and the end result feels like it's missing something important to bring everything together. That secret sauce that tops everything of nicely and brings all the separate flavours together.

In all honesty, the game has never been more beautiful. So much about the zone and asset design draws you in and makes you want to be part of the world.

Unfortunately, the lack of community/social interaction in a game that is supposed to be an MMORPG, makes the game feel fake and lonesome.

The effort to progressed has been watered down so much that the rewards do not feel interesting or exciting. In other words.. I don't care about gear... which the game has always been driven by. Instead of making the rewards more scarce, which as a result, makes getting them more satisfying.. Blizzard chose to increase the access t higher level gear.

It used to be that greens were really nice, blues were the rare items... and epics were very hard to come by. With Legion... greens and blues were total garbage and thus vendor trash... epics were the new whites... and even Legendaries were given away for clicking on chests with a bad luck protection system to make sure EVERYONE got many.

It's no wonder why the game has become so boring. They added "player skins" via playable races... but in reality, a LOT of people could not care less about that. We want to PLAY the game not play dress up dolls.

It breaks my heart that such an amazing game has been so mismanaged. It will never be the same... until Classic, Classic TBC, and Classic Wrath.