Filler villains for the Azshara raid?

Will the Eternal Palace raid be yet another raid with a suite of no-name filler villains until the Azshara encounter? If so, I think that it will be yet another disappointing raid with a forced story and forgettable setting which makes you wonder what the point of investing all these resources is. At least the Battle for Dazaralor had some familiar faces that we could relate to.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already know Ashvane will be in there.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Has any raid ever not been filled with filler villains besides 1-3 known ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even the famous ICC had like what, the nerds from questline, malygoses ex and saurfang, so /shrug.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Has any raid ever not been filled with filler villains besides 1-3 known ones?
    Not really. Best I can think of is HFC which had 6 previously known bosses (Kilrogg, Gorefiend, Iskar, Socrethar, Mannoroth, Archimonde) and Ulduar with 5 (Yogg and the four Keepers, 6 if you want to be really pedantic and include Razorscale). But most raids indeed have a couple of known figures and the rest are just there to provide fights. Even lore-heavy raids could only have three known bosses such as ICC with Saurfang, Sindragosa and Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda want to fight Ozumat properly, finally.

A Kraken powerful enough to survive massive torpedo fire from submarines and abduct an Elemental Lord from his own domain..

Abyssal Commander Sivara - Commander of Azshara's frontline troops, Abyssal Commander Sivara is a master of both martial and magical arts.
    Rage of Azshara - Taking a handmaiden as a willing sacrifice, Azshara forged into being an elemental of storm and arcana. Powered by the soul of the handmaiden herself, the resulting monstrosity is the avatar of Azshara's rage.
    Underwater Monstrosity - A terrible monstrosity lurks under the depths of the Eternal Palace.
    Lady Priscilla Ashvane
    The Hatchery - Orgozoa tends to the Hatchery within Nazjatar.
    The Queen's Court - Siivaz the Zealous, Pashman the Fanatical
    Za'qul, Herald of N'Zoth - The mouthpiece for the end of days, Za'qul the Herald of N'zoth shreds the last vestiges of sanity from a world in chaos, laying the foundation for Azeroth's new god.
    Queen Azshara - Queen Azshara will use all of the forces at her command to disable the Ancient Wards keeping you alive while attempting to override the Titan device keeping N'zoth imprisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I kinda want to fight Ozumat properly, finally.

A Kraken powerful enough to survive massive torpedo fire from submarines and abduct an Elemental Lord from his own domain..
    Agreed, Ozumat should have been a boss in the Eternal Palace where we finally kill him this time.

Quote Originally Posted by wulzurebrah View Post
    Agreed, Ozumat should have been a boss in the Eternal Palace where we finally kill him this time.
    He probably would have been a penultimate boss in Abyssal Maw, followed by some sort of Corrupted Neptulon. So we would have fought 3 of the 4 elemental lords in one expansion (sans Therazane who tied into Deepholm).

Abyssal Maw really would have been a nice raid even if it just had a few bosses, to pair with Firelands's 7.

I felt like Throne of the Four Winds was too barebones but that tier already had enough bosses. Lot of wasted potential with Skywall though, and I want to see that revisited.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-04-26 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    He probably would have been a penultimate boss in Abyssal Maw, followed by some sort of Corrupted Neptulon. So we would have fought 3 of the 4 elemental lords in one expansion (sans Therazane who tied into Deepholm).

Abyssal Maw really would have been a nice raid even if it just had a few bosses, to pair with Firelands's 7.

I felt like Throne of the Four Winds was too barebones but that tier already had enough bosses. Lot of wasted potential with Skywall though, and I want to see that revisited.
    But Abyssal Maw never happened which frees him up to be used elsewhere.
    ... if only Blizzard remembered past expansions and their own loose ends. Alas.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Not really. Best I can think of is HFC which had 6 previously known bosses (Kilrogg, Gorefiend, Iskar, Socrethar, Mannoroth, Archimonde) and Ulduar with 5 (Yogg and the four Keepers, 6 if you want to be really pedantic and include Razorscale). But most raids indeed have a couple of known figures and the rest are just there to provide fights. Even lore-heavy raids could only have three known bosses such as ICC with Saurfang, Sindragosa and Lich King.
    Putricide as well.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaeres View Post
    Putricide as well.
    Lana'thel and blood princes make an appearance in the lore before icc
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaeres View Post
    Putricide as well.
    I can't even remember were Putricide appears outside of the raid to be frank, but nevertheless I did forget the Blood Princes, Deathbringer Saurfang and Lana'thel as well so I was wrong there, ICC did have a whole bunch of known bosses.

Still, the underlying point remains that at best, you'd have half a bit more than raid be lore figures.

What happened to Neptulon? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    What happened to Neptulon? lol
    He came back and played a major role in the Shaman story. In fact, he was the first elemental lord to join up. I don't remember what else he did, because it was largely irrelevant. He's just doing water elemental stuff now and no one really cares.

His story in Cataclysm was intended to be resolved, but it never was. Instead, it's just assumed it resolved itself. I mean, he is the most powerful elemental lord... supposedly.