10+ Year Old Account

Strong new battle pets?

Haven't really been in the pet battle scene since the end of WoD (since there was nothing to do in that last year) so my battle pets could use an updating.

I noticed the Terrokar bird got a HUGE nerf by having its Dodge and Heal be on the same button now, so gonna have to retire that one. Any new god-mode pets that came out recently (by which I mean Legion and BfA)?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

God mode for pvp or just all around use? The most OP pets are still those from the old days, but they have introduced a lot of options for different families, which were previously lacking. Instead of just adding overpowered pets all around they are introducing more variety and options, which is good, especially now that we have all those family-type challenges.

As for the all-around good pets, the 4 hatchlings from Falcosaur secret quests from Legion come to mind.

You can still complete most WQs with just Iron Starlettes, Ikkys, and Zandalari probably

10+ Year Old Account
    My default pets since MoP and still today are 3 Moths, with Alpha Strike, Coccon and Moth Dust. Works like a charm against most things

At the top of my head, Bleakwater Jelly is pretty good. You can get it from a rare mob in Helheim (part of quest-chain in Stormheim). I'm fairly new to "serious" pet battling and didn't start doing the dungeons until a few months ago, but Bleakwater Jelly is a pretty good aquatic pet in my experience, for example it can solo the last boss in Wailing Caverns. Not a super OP pet that will sweep a whole team, but quite useful.

I'll go through my collection and see what else is there. I try to use different sets of pets because even though the guides usually recommend the same ones, I like testing new ones and it feels rewarding in a strange way when you make up your own pet team and beat a challenging trainer with it.

Check Xu-Fu page for strats and tier list of pets