Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    The hardcore retailers spent a long time prior to BfA insisting Classic would never happen, it was all nostalgia, nobody will play it.

Now that retail is falling faster than WoW ever has and the desire and hype for Classic is soaring, they're into full panic mode, which amounts to doubling down on he vitriol.
    What a joke.
    No one claimed classic wont happen, there was just no reason for it to happen.
    Now that all their old games are been remastered it is only natural to get classic and maybe even TBC and other expansion servers.
    WoW has been alive for so long longer then many other games out there its only normal for this to happen.

Retail will be alive even if it means it will sustain classic because without retail you cant play classic even if you want to.
    Retail is the machine keeping your pipe dreams alive at this point regardless of how bad it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    No, as hunters are very good at kiting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5AFVf7Nr70

Also, 20 mobs? Really? Did you try with a not overgeared damage dealer specced demon hunter?
    I can try on my lvl 120 alt demon hunter with 370 ilvl if you want.
    Im pretty sure i can do it.

Aggro the 20 mobs, improved eye beam, Fell Barrage, Blade Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I can try on my lvl 120 alt demon hunter with 370 ilvl if you want.
    Im pretty sure i can do it.
    Those mobs are made for ilevel 280. You overgear them by 90 ilevels.

Do you think you cannot solo and mass pull a dungeon with t2,5 in classic?

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Those mobs are made for ilevel 280. You overgear them by 90 ilevels.

Do you think you cannot solo and mass pull a dungeon with t2,5 in classic?
    I can try naked

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I can try naked
    Well, good luck. I hope you find the fun in classic you believe to find.

But i doubt it. In one year you will be one of the criers who say "that was no real classic".

For me personally there has just been too many improvements to the game overall to miss "the old days". I've been there since the early days and I fell in love with the game back then but for me, arguing about how the game was superior then to now is like arguing that movies on VHS is better than movies on bluray. As a fresh 15 year old WoW player who would frequently skip school to stay home and game, I had no issues with a system where it took 1 hour to get a group for Wailing Caverns, the 20 mins it took to get people there and summon, and the next hour to finish the dungeon. Now as a grown man with less time, I would hate that honestly.

Then again I guess it depends what aspect of the game you are into. As a mythic raider and someone doing high keys trying to push myself, I would hate going back to vanilla with bosses having fewer mechanics than trash mobs have these days. Honestly I think there's a lot of truth to what some people say when they say that people in general had no clue back then because it was all new to all of us. It wasn't all bad though, I mean I can miss the older (more fleshed out) talent trees as well as people in general not acting like toxic assholes, but as a game there has just been so many QoL improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    So as I'm sure many people are aware after browsing this site and others, the WoW Classic beta has begun to a great deal of fanfare.

However, I can't be the only one to have noticed the massive increase in hostilities between the retail and classic crowd? You have both sides creating pejorative terms to describe the others, such as "retail babies" or "nostalgia purists".

So I suppose my question and the point of this thread is to ask how do you predict this will all turn out?

I personally believe the community is fractured beyond belief and it's sad that so many who once shared a favourite pass time are now attacking each other over what essentially amounts to their personal preference.
    I can tell you one thing, both have to pay a subscription so does it really matter? To Blizz it doesn't.
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

10+ Year Old Account
    Given Ion's boner for the "good old days," I do worry about features being taken away from retail more with the popularity of Classic. I don't have a desire to go back to those much more grindy days.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Classic was never hard.
    Neither are hard unless you're a bleeding edge mythic raiding, which is a tiny percentage of the player base. Retail for the most part is very casual and requires very little investment. My retail main is ilvl 402 on a few hours a week, I could invest more time but the benifits of doing so are tiny. Classic will keep me much busier for quite a while and with more progression .