Thread: Bis list addon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Parach View Post
    Just because certain item is bis for someone, doesn't mean it will be bis for you as well. You obviously don't understand how stat weights work. What everyone else said is true. There is no bis list anymore. You misunderstood what authors on IcyVeins meant when they made that "bis" list.
    No i didnt misunderstand icyweins. Ever time you simm your char you are making what is basicly equiped BIS avaialbe to you(droped,made,traded,..). Person could potentially simm all items in game /raid and those items if we would all use same talents (which 95% of ppl do ) final BIS list would be same since stats weights for all char would be same. Only thing that makes difference is our double luck (if we presume we all raid at mythic level so that we can get best avaiable gear ) luck to have item droped and 2nd time luck to have it wf/tf. And since drop rate of wf/tf items are relativly low ppl dont bother with list. Also you are looking it little bit shortsided - only for the next item that drops,my looking is little bit more forward thinking-what would be my gear if i could pick from all of items (not wf/tf because of double luck needed ) from particular raid.Either way is ok since we would most likley end up on same spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Platinengel View Post
    First: Maybe you didn't want it to come across rude, but it did, like some people pointed out here. Even the first answer to your question was very straight forward and totally helpful, explained basically everything you need to know, and your answer was not very nice. Just take it as it is and lets move forward.

So you just need a notepad-addon to write down items you want to get? There are tons of such addons

And your last part: It seems you still dont get what's the point of simming yourself for "BiS" Items. Of course we all sim our characters to get the best possible item-upgrades for the current status of our chars. Thats exactly the point. Every single item you get that is supposed to be your "BIS" for the current character can swap everything around and suddenly items that were BIS until then become non-bis items, because your stat priotities change, hardcaps are reached/lost, trait-dependencies change,...and again: There are TOTALLY DIFFERENT "BiS"-Lists for every type of content, and even sub-content, and raw output is also not the way to go sometimes. You can't even take the results from raidbots or simcraft 100% for granted and "be the best you can be", you have to be thoughtful on every decision and hold it against the content you're going to play.

And thats why an addon that decides what's best for you makes no sense because nobody besides you can know.

And just for having an overview of items you aim to get you can just track them via a notepad addon, or the good old pen&paper.
    I have looked all posts and only one talking rudeness is you.But thats not point since i never meant to be rude anyhow.How polite to you find if i ask you x and you answer me about y which is slightly related but not what i was actually asking?
    Also who said i asked for addon that decides whats best for me, i didnt because i think there wasnt addon like that in whole wow history. I asked for addon that has DB of items from instances and that you can make lists from them. That is totally diffrenet.On that point why do you asume that was talking about 1 list that fits of aspects of wow i didnt not. I was talking about addon and other people in this post was more focused on discussing BIS list -if it exists or not. It does even if you dont use as such .You use it now days differntly.You have your equiped BIS that is avaiable to you and next time something dropes you compare that "list " with 2nd list that have item that just droped.So basicly you are moving your way from bottom to top of lists.Top being equall to BIS list of all items that could possiably drop.It all boils down that you because of double luck needed to get BIS items in game -first to drop 2nd to have it wf/tf you dont do it because it not easiy obtainable like it was before.
    I think most of ppl in this post are too much focused on B(est) so it derailed my question into something that is interesting to some wow player but isnt helpfull to me because i never asked for that information. I just wanted replacement for certain addon that is working for current content.

Again: You were asking "Anyone knows BIS list addon that works?" and you got the straight answer "NO" multiple times. And since nobody here is a mindreader and you haven't defined what exactly you need since you don't seem to accept that answer, it's up to our imagination what you really want to know. Everybody here gave you the only correct answer - that there isn't a working BIS list addon and most people were so friendly and took their time to explain to you and possible other viewers/readers of this thread in the future why so. It isn't always about what you want to hear, a forum is always a kind of encyclopedia for others.

You still keep refering to icy-veins, which in itself shows a lack of knowledge since most stuff on this site is trash for a good character development, especially when you're on a level where "BiS" Gear really matters and is obtainable to you.

Also you keep ignoring alot that has been stated here and totally miss certain perspectives and scenarios in your explanations.

You only need a checklist/notepad in any form to write down your desired loot drops which the Droptimizer tell you. Are we on the same level here? Because this gets debilitating.

I have looked all posts and only one talking rudeness is you.
    InfernalDark and Ludacritz did mention that you come across butthurt and ranty, which falls under "rudeness" in my definition.
    And one more thing just to think about: When it seems that almost everybody misunderstands you, maybe it's not communicated that good from you.
    Last edited by Platinengel; 2019-06-04 at 06:47 AM.