Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Misleading.
    Vulpera only play a supporting role in the Vol'dun thing, the Sethrak later on take a far more central stage to the story.
    Vulpera are basically just friendly desert guides that also happen to dislike Korthek.

Only a single World quest involves Vulpera during the Vol'dun assault.

Whether Vulpera become playable or not, Vol'dun primarily focuses on the Sethrak civil war and the plot started by Jakra'zet involving Mythrax, the Vulpera are just side kicks there.

And if the Vulpera were actually intended as playable, that is pathetic if they cannot even become the central focus of the one zone they appear in.
    "Only 1" is more than 0. Or is there some arbitrary cutoff number where it starts to count?

And the Vulpera still remain the race that we become exalted with, whilst the Sethrak are not. I'd say more than enough quests in Vol'dun are about Vulpera for Horde characters, before it becomes too much. Not even Dread Wastes is 100% about the Klaxxi, after all.
    Glad to see you're still on this anti-Vulpera bandwagon though, after so many months.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-05-30 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    "Only 1" is more than 0. Or is there some arbitrary cutoff number where it starts to count?
    I would expect that they played a bit more central to the whole...
    After all, Vol'dun is all about them, or maybe not...

Glad to see you're still on this anti-Vulpera bandwagon though, after so many months.
    Not like they added much Vulpera related content, considering they're not even the focus of the one zone they appear in.

I would expect that they would a bit more central to the whole...

Not like they added much Vulpera related content, considering they're not even the focus of the one zone they appear in.
    They are the focus for some time.
    And then the player focuses on their faction quite some time for reputation.

They still have more than Void Elves did before their introduction, so no need to fret over it.

They are the focus for some time.
    And then the player focuses on their faction quite some time for reputation.
    The Voldunai are in fact not a faction solely made up by Vulpera, they encompass both Exiles and Vulpera.
    So, they don't have their own faction, they have to share it.

They still have more than Void Elves did before their introduction, so no need to fret over it.
    Nonexistance is a rather low bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's arguable. The entire Argus patch was about using the Void for good, even if it wasn't specifically about void elves.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    That's arguable. The entire Argus patch was about using the Void for good, even if it wasn't specifically about void elves.
    They were an "asspull", as so many before me labeled them.
    Not that it mattered, they've clearly been a hit with the playerbase all the same. Using the Void =/= anyone guessed it would lead to blood elves being dipped in void and handed to the Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

The Voldunai are in fact not a faction solely made up by Vulpera, they encompass both Exiles and Vulpera.
    So, they don't have their own faction, they have to share it.

Nonexistance is a rather low bar.
    The original name for the faction was Vulpera Faction, changed to Voldunai, located in the Vulpera Hideaway. At least with Vulpera, there's been some buildup and players voicing that they want the race which undoubtedly made the developers put more effort into them than any pure NPC race. And upon checking, their faction hub has exactly zero representation of any other Vol'dun race.

You people clamber to any straw in order to remain in denial, same as what went down leading up to Pandaren.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-05-30 at 01:37 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they never add Vrykul as a playable race, the last thing this game needs is more viking themed stuff. KTs are much cooler than Vrykul.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    They were an "asspull", as so many before me labeled them.
    Not that it mattered, they've clearly been a hit with the playerbase all the same. Using the Void =/= anyone guessed it would lead to blood elves being dipped in void and handed to the Alliance.
    It wasn't completely out of left field. It was painfully obvious Horde were going to get Nightfallen, so Alliance had to get something. Horde got night elves' model...obviously, Alliance thus gets blood elves' model.

The original name for the faction was The Vulpera, changed to Voldunai, located in the Vulpera Hideaway.
    And?
    What matters is how things go live.

You people clamber to any straw in order to remain in denial, same as what went down leading up to Pandaren.
    Then read the post again, where does it say "Vulpera will not happen"?
    That's just what you want to read into those posts.

I am pointing out that Vulpera, for a potential new race, received a pitiful focus, despite the fact that Blizzard had more than enough opportunities to put them into the spotlight.
    There was nothing that prevented them to make Vol'dun all about Vulpera, like they did with Highmountain Tauren or Nightborne, but they didn't.
    And that's just bad, leaving my personal distate for the race in terms of visuals aside.

It wasn't completely out of left field. It was painfully obvious Horde were going to get Nightfallen, so Alliance had to get something. Horde got night elves' model...obviously, Alliance thus gets blood elves' model.
    Since Night Elves are coupled with Undead in-game in the conversion, I'd say it was pretty out of the left field.
    We didn't know Allied races were happening, first of all. Then we also didn't know what they would be, stands to reason.
    So yes, for us as players, it was entirely out of left field.

- - - Updated - - -

And?
    What matters is how things go live.

Then read the post again, where does it say "Vulpera will not happen"?
    That's just what you want to read into those posts.

I am pointing out that Vulpera, for a potential new race, received a pitiful focus, despite the fact that Blizzard had more than enough opportunities to put them into the spotlight.
    There was nothing that prevented them to make Vol'dun all about Vulpera, like they did with Highmountain Tauren or Nightborne, but they didn't.
    And that's just bad, leaving my personal distate for the race in terms of visuals aside.
    And you can have those opinions of yours. These are Allied races, uncharted ground prior to the end of Legion. We can receive those with immense buildup, such as Nightfallen or Zandalari/Kul Tirans. Let's not forget that the Nightfallen, despite their massive buildup, were quite disappointing as far as design goes. Then we also have the ones with less buildup. The Vulpera have had far more effort put into their models and customization options than the Nightfallen did, despite the Nightfallen for sure having been planned as an Allied race for far longer.

As a fan of the race, I'm more than content with their exposure in Vol'dun. Not everyone appreciates them and it makes sense to have variety though. I'll get more than enough of them when I play my Vulpera characters.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-05-30 at 01:47 AM.

Just roll to the horde pal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Night Elves are coupled with Undead in-game in the conversion, I'd say it was pretty out of the left field.
    We didn't know Allied races were happening, first of all. Then we also didn't know what they would be, stands to reason.
    So yes, for us as players, it was entirely out of left field.
    I mean, even if we didn't know "allied" races were coming, Blizz has added races in multiple expansions, so, no, it wasn't that unexpected.

Also, Undead of any kind would *never* be accepted into the Alliance, so to make that comparison is sort of unjustified.

I mean, even if we didn't know "allied" races were coming, Blizz has added races in multiple expansions, so, no, it wasn't that unexpected.

Also, Undead of any kind would *never* be accepted into the Alliance, so to make that comparison is sort of unjustified.
    Easy to say in hindsight, but it was. Remember how there also was outrage that the Nightborne would join the Horde? Yeah, up until then we didn't know for sure and quite a few were saying that we wouldn't be getting more elves for the Horde. So no, it's not an "unjustified" comparison.

Nobody saw void elves coming. Nobody saw Allied races coming (subraces = as far as player imagination stretched), the speculation was about 2 new races, as per usual.

And to bring this thread back on topic: I maintain that the Alliance so far has received the 2 races with the most effort put into them from a development standpoint. No doubt because they knew Void Elves would be popular, and Kul Tirans could be made utilizing the new tech for rigging and such.

When Horde gets Vulpera, that'll be somewhat balanced, but only by a small margin.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-05-30 at 02:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntzx View Post
    i disagree with this
    Thank you for contributing this striking observation into the discussion. Truly, an author without equal. We should all strive to be so eloquent.

On topic(ish), I personally don't want to see Vulpera added, not because they're not a cool race with an interesting backstory or anything, but mostly because...well...you know.

Furries. *shudder*

Thank you for contributing this striking observation into the discussion. Truly, an author without equal. We should all strive to be so eloquent.

On topic(ish), I personally don't want to see Vulpera added, not because they're not a cool race with an interesting backstory or anything, but mostly because...well...you know.

Furries. *shudder*
    love you

7+ Year Old Account
    Kul*tirans Are awesome and long overdue (The Lore and story behind them with new Unique models) plz what is the not to like with them (and I main Horde)

Lightforged Hmmm, not my first choice, but it fits that they joined the alliance with Tyrelion as on of their main Officers it would be natural that an off brance force would follow him.

Iron dwarfs Super Awesome.... nothing more to say

Void Elfs --- This really dissapointed me... since the player base had been asking for High elfs for so long... why not just give the Alliance High elfs (Insted of the Void elf spin)...... (I am a super Main Horde players so I would not have made one, just saying this since I know the Lore and I have many friends that LOVED the High elfs and how they looked)

Mechagnomes have blizzard said something i have not heard about? if so let me know (I am a Core Gnome Hater at heart... I Kill them every time I get them in sight... so it would be a sad sad day with another gnome race)

In the end, don't dispear my friend, "The Broken" will come, "The Vyrkul" will come... its just not yet their time

The Broken Will come with a Revamp of Outland - (Since the Horde will get Ogers)

The Vyrkul Will come with the Revamp of Northrend - (Since the Horde will get Tunka)

PS: Blizzard and Ion Hazzikostas him self said that "Allied races will slow down and not come out as frequent as they have this last years" so dont you worry about the Mechagnomes (I just think that blizzard are getting smart on making new races... when they make one now they build it up as a players character making it easyer to put NPCs around the world with differnt armor/weapons), Since in the past all of the NPCs had the gear build into their skinns.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    (I am a super Main Horde players so I would not have made one, just saying this since I know the Lore and I have many friends that LOVED the High elfs and how they looked)
    Yeah right? this exact same thing here.

I would hardly make one, maybe to force me to play Alliance just if a friend play there. Currently leveling the first alliance character i plan to level to max after playing this game for almost 10 years, a night elf rogue (16 at the moment, days ago), the very few alliance playable combinations i can stomach because i like night elves. MAYBE i would make a paladin Draenei because i also like them, but it's unlikely for me to even make a 2º alliance char.

And this is coming from someone who -loves- blood elves A LOT.

I hope they end up adding them, i really feel they are a lacking aspect of the Alliance faction for players.