Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'll take longer times between major patches if that means we don't have awful 10+ month final tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    I'll take longer times between major patches if that means we don't have awful 10+ month final tiers.
    If anything, the release of Classic all but guarantees that this will continue to be a thing.

It's because they stretch things out to such an extreme extent at this point. I blame the players. Because for years I kept reading things like "why doesn't Blizzard just pace the content out more in order to avoid long content droughts". But that's not the solution. The solution is to add more content. If you stretch it out more then it will only feel like there is less content available at any given time. It means a big patch will drop, that should have a raid in it, but you can't even play the raid, because it releases later, so you are left with a big patch, that is supposed to feel great and exciting, but you just feel like there is nothing to do.

I remember when I played during Wrath, a new patch would come out, like 3.2 or 3.3, and you'd have tons of things to do. You could do the new dungeon, or you could do the new raid, or you could do the new dailies. The ICC patch had one big raid, 3 new dungeons and outdoor content. Even with ICC being gated, that was enough to keep you occupied from day one. Nowadays a patch drops, I do 3 war campaign quests, and then I wait a week. Blizzard is either ignorant to this issue, or they choose to ignore it.

I agree with you. There's no much to do unless you like to play a Diogenes syndrome simulator or repeat world quests ad infinitum, but you can unsub and play other games. You will save money and enjoy new games.
    Sorry for my english!

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Battlegrounds are fun everyday

But i agree i cant wait for 8.2...i simply cant wait for it. So excited.
    You are the definition of a wow addict. Ive been playing since 2005 man... At some point you have to cave and just admit the game is in a bad state and sucks atm.... there is literally nothing to be excited about in this game since legion....the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    going off your other post you seem to have a very biased towards Legion view - each patch has had roughly the same amount of content, in fact I think BfA has possibly had more content and cool shit to do than Legion did. but since you like comparing I will do that for you (source is Wowpedia)

7.1 - Karazhan, Trial of Valor, Continuing Suramar Campaign, Helarjar world quests
    8.1 - Battle for Dazar'alor, Continuing War Campaign, Darkshore Warfront, Faction Assaults, New Islands, Dwarf and Blood Elf Heritage Armor, Gnomeregan Pet Battle Dungeon

7.1.5 - MoP timewalking, Brawler's Guild, 3 new Micro Holidays
    8.1.5 - Zandalari/Kul Tiran Allied Races, Crucible of Storms raid, Continuing War Campaign, WoD timewalking, Brawler's Guild with murder mystery questline, more Micro Holidays, new Children's week updates for BfA, DMF Rollercoaster, Tools of the Trade profession questlines, new PvP Brawl and the 2 (or 3 if you want to include Wintergrasp) remastered/updated BG's

7.2 - Broken Shore Zone (complete with timegated quests), Tomb of Sargaeras raid, Cathedral dungeon, Mage Tower, Continuing Class Hall + Artifact quests, Class Mounts, Flying, Legion Invasions
    8.2 - Nazjatar & Mechagon Zones (no timegated shit at all), Eternal Palace raid, Mechagon dungeon, Tauren/Gnome heritage armor, new Islands, heroic warfronts, Flying, Mount Equipment, Robodrome Arena

I mean looks like BfA wins there...... Legion has one extra dungeon by the end of the .2 patches but that is outweighed by all the other shit. 7.1.5 for Legion was exceptionally light while 8.1.5 in BfA gave us a lot more.

- - - Updated - - -

i usually agree with you but yeah nothing past 50 annoys me. and it's not just a few days, my neck has been at 50 for close to a month and the patch is still a month away
    And Legion Was 10000x more enjoyable then this shit expansion.... This is the first time since 2005 that i have dropped my sub after the first month of the expac......The game is in shambles..... Sure they added all of these half ass mini-games to keep you coming back every week.....But all of the good fun interations in the game are long gone.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hehalol View Post
    You are the definition of a wow addict. Ive been playing since 2005 man... At some point you have to cave and just admit the game is in a bad state and sucks atm.... there is literally nothing to be excited about in this game since legion....the end.

- - - Updated - - -

And Legion Was 10000x more enjoyable then this shit expansion.... This is the first time since 2005 that i have dropped my sub after the first month of the expac......The game is in shambles..... Sure they added all of these half ass mini-games to keep you coming back every week.....But all of the good fun interations in the game are long gone.
    I kind of agree with you.... I enjoyed Legion more than BfA at this point (Mechagon will probably change that). however that doesn't change the fact that this has had more things to do, which really does say something

Quote Originally Posted by Miena View Post
    I wonder how much demotivation in the team could have to do with this. But i'm just speculating here.

My whole guild really feels the content drought by now. No one is logging in anymore besides raid times, and even then, after killing Uunat we just cba to kill him and BoD again and again, and instead of CoS just do legion transmog runs instead because it's more enjoyable. Lol. And it really is. But at some point soon we're gonna be decked out in all the pretty sets. What then..? I hope they can figure things out soon and release the next patch in time!
    Same here, last time it was like this it was in WoD. In Legion we didn't have this issue at all. And I can say one thing that makes people tired of it and it is an actual content-draught, is that the AP is to easy to come by in BfA. In Legion it was way harder to actually get maxed level, and I for one think that is one of the biggest flaws with the Azerite-system. It's just too easy. At least farming some AP is something you could do in Legion. Now, when people max it 2-4 months before the next patch, it just another incentive to not log in.

As a guildie told me, he has no reason to log into the game atm because he has maxed AP on several characters. And when you only have raids on farm and other grinds like mounts/pets whatever, people do lose interest. I get that not all like AP at all, but compare it to Legion, and you'll see a difference. AP mattered in Legion. It hardly does in BfA. It's a system that are meant improve your character over time, when it stops way before the next content, you'll get bored and thus, a content-draught.

Now, this might not apply to you spesifically, but for some this is an issue. Just hoping the new essence system will keep us busy a while longer. Getting the powerful shit first is a good thing, for all of us, but there is an incentive to keep going if you want the smaller ones, and perhaps going for the last cosmetic essence as well.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ded game guys #classic
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    Ded game guys #classic
    you forgot to mention that you are vegan , do crossfit and how your avocado toast tasted. ..... kids this days

10+ Year Old Account
    I have opinions.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I wish they'd just end the expansion now like they did for WoD. I just want this shit to be over.
    GODD YES PLEASE !! I am so with you on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    r/wow is echoing that as well. Since blizzard won't go back and address the classes. I feel classes crippled bfa.

yep.. I quit my main and re rolled just to feel something different. Oh well, it is what it is, will go back to the main in 9.0 *fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Have you opened up Steam lately? There are many other Games in existence you could play if you have nothing to do in WoW.
    You still work for Blizzard? Or have you been let yet? Luuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaanm4n View Post
    yep.. I quit my main and re rolled just to feel something different. Oh well, it is what it is, will go back to the main in 9.0 *fingers crossed*
    I actually did the same - i had 9 classes at 120 which i played with SOME frequency, but when i saw the plan for 8.2, i just wasnt excited at all. So, i started lvling a new "main", hit 120 day after 8.2, and so far its the only thing really keeping me going. Well, i quite enjoy the bosses in EP, i dont like the setting at all, but the bosses are fine so far.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsReality View Post
    You still work for Blizzard? Or have you been let yet? Luuul.
    What are you even babbling about?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    What are you even babbling about?
    I was "babbling" about the inane quote of yours, that I quoted. If you missed the association behind it, that's not my fault. Carry on worm