Poll: Do you read the quest texts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    They need to do quest text voiceover, would totally listen to everything !

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    This.
    Though maybe not on my alts. I mean, I already know whats going on at that point.
    Well, my point was that I still read them even after I know them all by heart. Even after countless alt. Even after restarting on several pservers. And so on.
    ALWAYS, even after all this time

Only those major ones with some plot innit not an excuse why I need to Kill 10 mobs. And only one time, maybe another after some time has passed if I’m on alt.
    S.H.

7+ Year Old Account
    Read them the first time but after that I tend to just rush through them

really depends, is it a throw away quest, part of a storyline etc

Me leveling a brand new character:

"I'm going to read the quest text and really immerse myself in the story this time"

10 minutes later:

"Yeah just tell me how many boar arses you need mate"

Really depends on the context of the quest and how involved it feels. Most quest hubs are forgettable and retain no continuity with the rest of what you're doing, and are very disjointed with everything you're doing. Some defy this and actually feel like a coherent story, while other quests are just "Go kill 20 boars". Yeah, I'm gonna skip the boar quest text.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    There's nothing much to add,the title says it.
    What quest texts? Since Legion we've got texts spurted onto us by talking images on our UI with the person speaking nowhere In sight, apparently using telepathy.

But yes, I read traditional quest text.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

I usually do for 1st time only

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    What quest texts? Since Legion we've got texts spurted onto us by talking images on our UI with the person speaking nowhere In sight, apparently using telepathy.

But yes, I read traditional quest text.
    Most of the quests do not do that. There are over a thousand quests and maybe a hundred or so do that.

I always read, then I find it funny here and on other forums when people complain about a lack of story/details.

I used to, but was taking so long to read them all. So now maybe I'll read some select ones. For the main ones, you don't realy have to read them. Most of the story is voice acted.

There is no "I don't read quests, cuz I don't want to lose my eyesight" variant.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I read it everytime and not just the 1st time either. EVERY time. Even if I go through the quests the 5th or 10th time. I forget what was written in the quest really quickly or part of it so I read all of it every time I do that quest, whatever quest that may be.

Also, I use the Immersion addon... It adds an interesting touch to reading quests now for me.