Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hell, I am not sure what he is on about, but it seems to me he is not even complaining about what you said. To me the core is somehow about plagiarism and creative bankruptcy?
    HIs thread title is literally: Blizzard is literally forcing you to play the 'Candy Crush'" and tehn he goes on about being forced to play it to progress in the game. That is all false.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    those reaction are exackly the reason why we are getting only boring "bring 10 bear asses" type of quests.

instead sending us on treasure hunting adventure or making innovative quests.

wont lie i really enjoy ley lines and candy crush quests - they are nice easy but require you to pay minimal attention instad just grabbing 20 mobs and aoe them down

- - - Updated - - -

but those are extremly easy once you figure out how to deal with them ...

unless you just click stuff accidentaly without thinking
    Well then, how do you do the flaming ball one where you're surrounded by 3 spots and you shoot the incoming ball?
    But I don't see how anyone got flying in less than 5 days unless they cheated. There's only so much you can do each day. But of course, no one will ever discuss what they really do. I suppose I can find a cheaters website and read up on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strikeywikey View Post
    Yeah blizz themselves came to my house, put a gun to my head and said if I don't complete the quest they would kill me and my family.
    Did you die?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I don’t hate them enough not to do them, thou I can’t help but wonder why people find candy crush/bejeweled interesting

It's a huge time waster but digestable. What I hate is leylocked when it has a million nodes.

It's a nice breather from the repetitive combat that's literally the same for every single encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Well,if you want to get the flying as fast as possible,you actually do the all possible WQ's. The question remains - why do I have to play a some mobile game to progress in the game,i'm actually paying for - World of Wacraft.
    You clearly have no idea what forcing means. If you interpret it your way, you are forced to buy 455 ilvl items from the ah, you are forced to work 24/7 to be paid more so you can have more stuff and so on. If you set yourself a goal and pursue it, nobody forced you to do that, you CHOSE to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know for how long are you playing this game,but when I started to play this game,I paid for an actual content,you know like the story,the dungeons,the raids,the battlegrounds,back when the Blizzard was Blizzard,not some Activision crap,that tries to sneak it's other shitty quality products in the World of Warcraft. What kind of comparison is that? You could say something like that if I would complain,that there's an actual war in warcraft instead of picking flowers.
    What tf do you mean? When blizzard was blizzard (?) you still did rep grinds. It is like complaining about farming gold for flying in tbc. If you didn't like the most lucrative gold farming method, you probably farmed something else. So go figure how you can apply this solution to your current problem with the game.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I remember when I started playing this game and I deceided that it would be cool to have a kodo mount for my troll hunter (as guild leader). Blizzard literally forced me to farm runecloth until I was sick of it and then some.
    It looked cool in the end. Me, the chieftan of the tribe on a fat kodo and everybody else on their raptors... it was a pretty cool sight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    They are not forcing you to anything, and you can skip them anytime you like. Just like they are not forcing you to do pet battles.

That being said, I actually like them.
    What I did not like is they come without any explication. I never played Candy Crush or games like that before and had no idea what to do (especially on the first day where they asked you to complete x rows instead of just colors), and the game does not really explain itself.
    After a friend explained it to me and the nerf where you just need to eliminate the colors they are quite fun and I don't mind doing them.
    Yeah I would have liked just a small tutorial first since I too never play those cellphone/facebook games

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    It's a huge time waster but digestable. What I hate is leylocked when it has a million nodes.
    This one is simple. Find a node on the outer part of the cluster, that has a line segment that goes far away. Swap the other end of that line segment with a node close to that first one. Repeat until you can separate the cycle containing that outer node from the rest of the cluster. Continue on the reduced problem. At the end, fiddle each component until it no longer self-crosses.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

If you have quested through the Nazjatar,you must've noticed,that Blizzard added another mini game into the game. Additionally,to tortollan memory game and others,now you literally have to play the candy crush to complete the daily quest. As you know,candy crush is one of the mobile games that belongs to the Activision.

I would like to hear your thoughts,what do you think about this? I personally never played that mobile game. Additionally to that,I actually despised it and considered it as an plagiarism of the old "Bejeweled" from 20th century. That's what the Blizzard has come to,advertising it's other "top notch" quality "games",such as Call of Duty in the World of Wacraft and forcing other people to play it's stupid mobile games? World of Warcraft,one of the best games ever made has become a game,you casually play for 2 hours in the evening after work and move some stupid stones back and forth?
    They are not forcing you...you can choose not to do the daily :S
    And its real fast/easy to do. And with tortollan quests and that connect the lines stuff breaks up the normal lets kill x amount of x. Or collect x amount of x.
    Its good veriation.

But hey, some people have to poor salt on EVERYTHING.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, I have to quest as windwalker so anything that gets me away from that awful mess of about a hundred buttons is a good one.

But the Bejeweled ones really could have been shorter. Half the amount of runes required, pretty much.

Ley lines I like a lot. I would like to play that on my phone actually. Omg, hooked?!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PkMMchmp19 View Post
    Well then, how do you do the flaming ball one where you're surrounded by 3 spots and you shoot the incoming ball?
    You hit left, center/up, or right when the ball is approaching that side. Don't miss and it will eventually complete. You can use 1, 2, 3 on the keyboard if you didn't change any default keybindings. You use the ability to stop the ball from touching the runes.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Actually being forced to play Candy Crush would be much more annoying than this kindergarten version.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I actually don't mind the colour gem matching game, the lines mini game can be a bit annoying but still they are pretty quick 30 seconds - 1 minute and you are done and with flying takes you next to know time to get to them. The Tortoise quests are 300x worse for me, the shitty afk for 10 minutes on the beach watching your tutles try make it to the water is the worse thing in WoW. At least with these while they might be "boring" at least they are over very quickly.

So there are ppl out there that will cry for a little bejeweled quest. How times have progressed, millennials right?