Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    There was decent post very long ago about threat philosophy.

And one of friends at time put some satire on fact that when they "pruned" back then, they did it not only with interesting and useful spells for classes as fantasy representatives, but also those which were responsible for resources management during encounters in those immemorial times. And threat was just one of main such ones (which can be learned in sufficient detail and with a certain form of contempt from first link), it was mutual resource of all people in the group together, which demand them to act as solid one. Therefore, what prevents current representatives of "educated" PvE community to include such abilities in their rotation and teach that to rest of "not so educated" ones... it can't be that you really just have nothing left, or can it?
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-07-26 at 11:35 AM.

This was why they shouldn't had nerf threat generation in the first place if they just brought in burst damage that can negate aggro easily and not have on demand threat generating skills like sunder armor and old rune strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    or buff underperforming tank specs that do bad damage ?
    Because that would involve buffing specs like Blood DK. And god knows we cant buff Blood DK even though prot warriors make up 50% of the highest keys done. Right now I have had groups scoff at the fact that they invited a ~430 BDK over a warrior. Had a healer moaning about it at first in a KR 11 that we 2 chested with no problem.

As of S2 the highest keys were being done by prot warriors and more recently also prot paladins. Both do absurd amounts of damage. More specifically prot warriors. Even after the avatar nerf its insane.

Right now you have prot warriors with the highest defense and the highest offense of all the tanks. I'm all for unbalance if it creates some level of balance overall. In other words the tanks with the highest amount of defense should not have the highest offense. If you want to be a tank with the highest defense you should not blow away every other tank in damage. Plain and simple. If you want the most damage output then your defensive ability should be lower but not so low that you are just getting randomly killed every pull. I just got done watching a prot warrior spiking to close to 100k dps on trash pulls while barely taking any damage in the range of +15-20 keys. Literally health barely moving if at all in as high as +20 keys on fortified. Compared to my Blood DK right now I get my face smashed at ~430 ilvl on regular trash pulls in ~+12 keys. They are now going for 2 seasons being the strongest tank by a mile considering how much damage they do and their health barely gets tickled in +20 keys while face tanking everything.

To make things remotely balanced they would have to revert the DK armor nerf and buff their damage substancially but that will never happen because this is all being done in the name of balancing class representation for the rest of this expansion. Right now prot warriors look like S1 Blood DK in terms of the highest key representation but nothing is being said or done. You had people screaming bloody murder on the forums about Blood in S1 but now that warriors are king in terms of defense and damage output by a mile nobody is saying a thing. Nobody including warriors thought they would make it to S3 untouched. Blizzard barely gave them a slap on the wrist.
    Last edited by avx81; 2019-07-25 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And you're right, Classic can't come soon enough to finally shut your crowd up. But I have this sneaking suspicion that it won't manage to for very long.
    It won't, they'll be back to say "look how well classic is doing, Blizz should make x changes to retail to be like classic" and I'll be here to tell them to just get off retail and go play classic
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Skill really doesn't factor into the conversation, the game was just more fun when it was slower paced and you had to think about a pull. All the game pacing systems need to slow down, not just combat.
    Wasn't the GCD change one of the most reviled parts of BFA?