Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I can't comment on the ESO necromancer as I've never played the game, nor ever read anything about it, I'm afraid, but thanks for the ideas. I'll read about it some other time and see what could be done.
    here's a quick showcase of eso's necro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMDnSdfYLXE

Then I must be honest and call this nothing but BS. Because you're actually saying a healing spec based on blood sacrifice "looks a lot like" a tanking spec based on vampirism.
    Your "blood globule" sounds like bloodworms to me.
    Bloodworms deal minor damage to your target for 15 sec and then burst, healing you for 15% of your missing health.
    If you drop below 50% health, your Bloodworms will immediately burst and heal you.

Your "blood sacrifice" which creates a healing shield? DKs have the more offensive "bone shield."

I'm sure I can find similarities in most of your list with other things. But the upshot is...without gutting other classes of specs and talents, your necromancer overlaps DKs and Warlocks, and especially rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Your "blood globule" sounds like bloodworms to me.
    Bloodworms deal minor damage to your target for 15 sec and then burst, healing you for 15% of your missing health.
    If you drop below 50% health, your Bloodworms will immediately burst and heal you.

Your "blood sacrifice" which creates a healing shield? DKs have the more offensive "bone shield."
    None of your examples work. At all. You're just being willfully dishonest.

Because I could do the same to the existing classes, and tear down priests and paladins, for example.

My 'blood globule' does not work like the bloodworms. One, because their theme is different: vampirism vs blood sacrifite; two, because the globules have a different functionality than the worms, they heal the closest ally, or empower the golem.

As for your claim that "blood sacrifice" is like "bone shield"? Are you seriously claiming that an absorption shield is the same thing as an ability that reduces damage taken by a %?

I'm sure I can find similarities in most of your list with other things.
    No. No, you can't. Not unless you want to confirm how dishonest you're being, as your previous two examples have demonstrated.

But the upshot is...without gutting other classes of specs and talents, your necromancer overlaps DKs and Warlocks, and especially rogues.
    It does not, thank you very much.

Overlap with rogues. Oh, that's the biggest laugh I had today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    here's a quick showcase of eso's necro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMDnSdfYLXE
    I just skimmed the video, but there are some interesting concepts there, to be sure. Summoning a skeleton that rushes the target sounds like an interesting concept. Fear totem is also something quite interesting.

Thanks for the video, I'll give it a more thorough look later.

I'm being dishonest? I'm not the one writing of an idea and taking a lot of other existing material and swap around the imagery and claim the mechanics are original.
    It isn't. It's derivative.

But I get it. You like the idea of playing a Kel'Thuzad-like character. Fine.

Everquest has necros..and an incredibly powerful pet (higher levels a lich; can heal itself by life-tapping target, even as it "fears" target...and at high levels a character eventually looks very much like a personification of Death. Their spells are poison, bone (skeletons), shadow/darkness, disease...and they can even heal others ("Dark Empathy")

But... my idea doesn't summon "skeleton mages". It summons skeletons that attack either with their bony fists (melee) or by throwing bone spears. Actual spears, not the spell 'bone spear'.
    Ok but the problem is that follow the exact same scheme of the demo warlock, a single permanent pet and then a number of temporary one summoned by abilities; to give it a unique flavor the single perma pet (golem) should be exchanged with 6-8 skelly soldier (the classic model we see around scourge bases with just a sword and a shield is perfect) then you have a spam ability that summon slight more powerful but temporary skelly archer (so ranged to not clutter melee space) and a big hitter ability with short cd (like hunter kill command for example) that summon skelly mages (again ranged to not clutter the melee) that hit hard (based maybe on a secondary resource) but last very short.
    The golem maybe the long cd (like the gargoyle for the dk) and the 10min cd could be a Lich summon.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Ok but the problem is that follow the exact same scheme of the demo warlock, a single permanent pet and then a number of temporary one summoned by abilities; to give it a unique flavor the single perma pet (golem) should be exchanged with 6-8 skelly soldier (the classic model we see around scourge bases with just a sword and a shield is perfect) then you have a spam ability that summon slight more powerful but temporary skelly archer (so ranged to not clutter melee space) and a big hitter ability with short cd (like hunter kill command for example) that summon skelly mages (again ranged to not clutter the melee) that hit hard (based maybe on a secondary resource) but last very short.
    The golem maybe the long cd (like the gargoyle for the dk) and the 10min cd could be a Lich summon.
    Hmmm. That gives me an idea. Perhaps instead of having a bone golem around, we could do as you say, summoning lots of skeletons, and perhaps, as a "main cooldown", the warlock can merge all the skeletons into a powerful bone golem that is stronger than the sum of the parts, with the caveat that once the timer runs out, the bone golem breaks down and you have to re-summon the skeletons.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm being dishonest? I'm not the one writing of an idea and taking a lot of other existing material and swap around the imagery and claim the mechanics are original.
    It isn't. It's derivative.
    You are being dishonest because you're singling out my class idea while basically every single class currently in the game is littered with spells that "takes a lot of other existing material and swap around imagery and claim the mechanics are original". I can fill in a whole thread page just with examples like that.

And again, I'll repeat: you claimed that an ability that summons an absorption shield on a target is the same as an ability that reduces incoming damage by a % on yourself:

But I get it. You like the idea of playing a Kel'Thuzad-like character. Fine.
    No, I don't, because I don't like the idea of liches.

3+ Year Old Account
    This is a cool idea for the necromancer and it's also a very interesting take on pet classes. The golems for all three specs synergize with death, which makes perfect sense. Well done!
    Personally I'd like to see what you think for the available races and also what non-combat features you can see for it, the things that set it further apart from the other classes i.e. mage portals, warlock/paladin mounts, etc. Also how the golems appear in game, because I think nothing short of a new model would work for them. Please no deformed, ugly flesh golems! More like this guy: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=74971/fi...delviewer:10+0 but blood, bone, and poison versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Johnson PI View Post
    This is a cool idea for the necromancer and it's also a very interesting take on pet classes. The golems for all three specs synergize with death, which makes perfect sense. Well done!
    Personally I'd like to see what you think for the available races and also what non-combat features you can see for it, the things that set it further apart from the other classes i.e. mage portals, warlock/paladin mounts, etc. Also how the golems appear in game, because I think nothing short of a new model would work for them. Please no deformed, ugly flesh golems! More like this guy: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=74971/fi...delviewer:10+0 but blood, bone, and poison versions!
    That's basically what I had in mind for the poison and blood golems, yep, a model unused by the current classes. The bone golem would be something more akin to Marrowgar, having multiple heads and maybe multiple arms since the golem is a combination of several skeletal minions merged together.

As for out-of-combat stuff, one idea I had, but haven't expanded on it is giving it a pure skeletal horse as a mount, without armor, or at least very little armor to showcase all the bones on the model, unlike how the current skeleton horses are in the game right now like the Forsaken mounts. I thought about giving it a 'spectral' look, but it doesn't fit the concept I used here.

I also thought about the class having a "Blink-like" ability like how the first boss in Underrot can "teleport" around with the blood, but I thought it to be too alike the mage's spell, so I discarded the idea, but it's possible.

Other out-of-combat stuff like mage portals/food and warlock portals/healthstones, I haven't really stopped to think about it, but I'm open to ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    While I love the idea of a necromancer, I think it'd be hard to fit it in between a demon summoner in Warlock and a plate wearing undead summoner in DK's.
    You mean like Demon Hunters?
    I actually like this idea, personally. Using the old formula from Heroes of Might and Magic, one physical and one caster (or at least ranged) type for every archetype. Necro/DK, Warlock/DH, Hunter/Rogue, Priest/Paladin, etc.

3+ Year Old Account
    That's basically what I had in mind for the poison and blood golems, yep, a model unused by the current classes. The bone golem would be something more akin to Marrowgar, having multiple heads and maybe multiple arms since the golem is a combination of several skeletal minions merged together.

As for out-of-combat stuff, one idea I had, but haven't expanded on it is giving it a pure skeletal horse as a mount, without armor, or at least very little armor to showcase all the bones on the model, unlike how the current skeleton horses are in the game right now like the Forsaken mounts. I thought about giving it a 'spectral' look, but it doesn't fit the concept I used here.

I also thought about the class having a "Blink-like" ability like how the first boss in Underrot can "teleport" around with the blood, but I thought it to be too alike the mage's spell, so I discarded the idea, but it's possible.

Other out-of-combat stuff like mage portals/food and warlock portals/healthstones, I haven't really stopped to think about it, but I'm open to ideas.
    I think a blood teleport would be fine if its differentiated enough from blink mechanically. After all, necromancers are all mages to begin with

3+ Year Old Account
    Wow, such close minded naysayers here lol. I cannot believe how many players here actually can't think outside the box for a second and use their imagination just a little to make this work. And it could and Def would work, if u just gave it a chance. And I know Blizz can do it if they actually tried.

If you had half a brain, you would already know that Necromancer both in lore and gameplay mechanics (think necromancer npcs and bosses already in the game) do not step on shadow priests warlocks or death knights toes, quite the opposite actually. They are a completely different class, and if done right, would be very different and welcomed class in wow. It's actually the only reason I would ever come back to wow.

Don't listen to the naysayers op, these guys couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag if their life depended on it. Lol. They cannot have an open mind to see that a woman necromancer playable class could and would work. What worse, they won't even try.

Specs:

Death: dps - decay, poison, domination, hollow
    Wraith: dps/tank - master summoner, pet/army mastery
    Darkness: dps - shadow/frost, lich
    Plague: heal - dark alchemy, bone, blood
    Last edited by PsychoSe7eN; 2021-12-30 at 03:03 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    these guys couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag if their life depended on it.
    What does this have to do with not liking a class concept?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Wow, such close minded naysayers here lol

Necromancer both in lore and gameplay mechanics (think necromancer npcs and bosses already in the game) do not step on shadow priests warlocks or death knights toes.

They cannot have an open mind to see that a woman necromancer playable class.
    They absolutely step do step on several classes toes. I would argue that failing to admit that to yourself is also very much closed minded. Even warlock and DK, while both far different to each other than a necromancer would be, had to have death coil taken from the former to be given to the latter.

Now I’m not saying I wouldn’t like necromancer personally, or that it cannot possibly have a place as a class in wow. After all, warlock got metamorphosis taken away to be given to DH, but they’re still obviously unique classes with separate flavors. That being said, something like that is much easier to pull off than differentiating DKs from a potential necromancer class.

Not implying it can’t be done well. It would be like saying destruction couldn’t have been made into a spec because fire already exists. To say other specs wouldn’t have to have their toes stepped on to make it happen though I find disingenuous.

Also not sure what female necros have to do with anything, but I haven’t read the entire 100+ posts in this thread. Does seem weird to slip that in there unless I’m missing some context.