Poll: Do you want tinkers as new class in WoW?

Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    They don't seem to understand that canon is about the entire world that takes place and not just the story it's focused on.
    Yea they have no idea what canon is but they will never admit it. Still it's funny to see them fail to grasp the concept over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Yea they have no idea what canon is but they will never admit it. Still it's funny to see them fail to grasp the concept over and over again.
    Seriously, it's a bit crazy. It's like saying the units added to Starcraft 2 in its' expansions aren't part of the universe. Sure they aren't part of the storyline, but they exist in the universe itself and thus, the canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think if the Tank spec has the mech as its primary theme, that giving other specs a mech would detract from that. But I have nothing against the heal or dps specs have tiny bots or drones and the like. It simply shouldn't take a form that's anything like what the tank spec uses, just to keep the identities of each spec separate and individual.
    Possibly. I do think that there will be people out there who would like to use a mech in a DPS role though, and it would be a good idea for Blizzard to accommodate them with at least a cooldown. Personally, I'd like to see mechs play a huge role within the entire class. Basically giving each spec a type of mech for their combat or support purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    By that logic we wouldn't have Death Knights, Monks, or Demon Hunters.
    Maybe so, but I stand by my "No", until they start doing some adjustments so the FOTM maybe stays Flavor of the Month, and not Flavor of the Expansion...

They were made by the same people that made the story so they are in the world.
    That's not how it works. Only what is explicitly shown in a story can be considered part of the story. Otherwise, they shouldn't be considered part of it unless the authors/developers say they are.

The multiplayer is not canon but the things found in it are.
    Not unless you can produce a statement from Blizzard saying that they are.

If something is made by the person who made the world and its stories then it's canon unless they say it's not.
    That's not how it works. The multiplayer features of WC3 have no bearing in the story campaigns, and by virtue of that, should not be considered canon unless we have a statement from Blizzard saying otherwise.

When the dlc for FNAF 4 came out the creator made a point of saying it was not canon. He just made it for fun.
    The DLC for FNAF4 altered how the story was presented, hence why it was required to be explicit about its canonicity. The multiplayer features of WC3 do not alter at all the story campaigns.

Actually, you're the one who have no idea what canon is. Canon pertains to the story, which is why only the WC3 official campaigns and manuals are to be considered canon, and not the multiplayer features of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Possibly. I do think that there will be people out there who would like to use a mech in a DPS role though, and it would be a good idea for Blizzard to accommodate them with at least a cooldown. Personally, I'd like to see mechs play a huge role within the entire class. Basically giving each spec a type of mech for their combat or support purposes.
    I think it really depends on the overall theme of the class. Is it a mech pilot or a more general Tinker type? Tinker seems like a more broad concept, while having a Mech-oriented theme for each spec seems much more specific.

nobody wants tinkers we want a cool class, now hopefully the tinker guys will shut up

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That's not how it works. Only what is explicitly shown in a story can be considered part of the story. Otherwise, they shouldn't be considered part of it unless the authors/developers say they are.
    You still don't know what canon means. Your inability to understand it is impressive. Seeing as your so dead set on the campaign of warcraft 3 being the only thing that is canon, you must have proof of that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Watchers View Post
    nobody wants tinkers we want a cool class, now hopefully the tinker guys will shut up
    It's funny cause you say that but Tinker is the most popular choice out of ALL options it's just not more popular than all the other options combined.

My vote would be to make it a max level Talent. That way DPS Tinkers who want the gameplay of a mech have the option of such an ability (with a cool down) while those that would prefer to play the spec sans mech (like myself) could select another talent instead.

I find Tinkers to be an absolutely uninspired idea.

Just a repurposed shaman. No thanks.

Give me allied races not more classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still don't know what canon means. Your inability to understand it is impressive. Seeing as your so dead set on the campaign of warcraft 3 being the only thing that is canon, you must have proof of that right?
    Can we just all agree that for something to be called canon it has to have been stated as being canon from the devs?

Both parties have no source that can clearly state their claim is right over the other so stop pretending your idea of what is canon or not is the true version.

IF you guys want to continue arguing what is the meaning of canon please do so in another topic, i don't want to read another 50 pages of the same argument over and over again. This thread is about tinkers. Ok thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Can we just all agree that for something to be called canon it has to have been stated as being canon from the devs?

Both parties have no source that can clearly state their claim is right over the other so stop pretending your idea of what is canon or not is the true version.

IF you guys want to continue arguing what is the meaning of canon please do so in another topic, i don't want to read another 50 pages of the same argument over and over again. This thread is about tinkers. Ok thanks.
    If you don't want to read it then don't read it. At this point i'm just having fun with the guy since he is so dead set on being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    My vote would be to make it a max level Talent. That way DPS Tinkers who want the gameplay of a mech have the option of such an ability (with a cool down) while those that would prefer to play the spec sans mech (like myself) could select another talent instead.
    Make the DPS spec a pet class, with a little mech that could be changed to different forms with a Glyph maybe(does the glyph system even still exist?). I suppose that might tread too much into the realm of hunters though.

The more I think about it the more it seems like the Mech would be either a tank spec only thing, or the entire class would need to be tailored around mechs for all specs, with each role having a uniquely designed mech or shredder. Literal Healbot, LOL!

On a side note, have any of you guys played an Engineer from GW2? That's kind of what I imagine a Tinker would play like, sans power armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post

Quoted for truth. It's REALLY getting old.

they never will sadly
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I can support that. If the IE teams are anything to go by, then we are more than likely looking at a DPS spec that somewhat resembles Hunters, just with turrets, robotic summons, and bombs. I do think that we should have another class that can use bows and guns, so if Tinkers can do that, all the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    It's funny cause you say that but Tinker is the most popular choice out of ALL options it's just not more popular than all the other options combined.
    I wouldn't bother using facts and logic on someone like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Make the DPS spec a pet class, with a little mech that could be changed to different forms with a Glyph maybe(does the glyph system even still exist?). I suppose that might tread too much into the realm of hunters though.

The more I think about it the more it seems like the Mech would be either a tank spec only thing, or the entire class would need to be tailored around mechs for all specs, with each role having a uniquely designed mech or shredder. Literal Healbot, LOL!

On a side note, have any of you guys played an Engineer from GW2? That's kind of what I imagine a Tinker would play like, sans power armor.
    I can see the DPS spec being something like that, but I really think ths class shouldn't have robotic minions. If anything, the robots should just be short-term summons. Theres more than enough pet classes and specs in WoW already.

The healing spec (if there is one) I could see being something like Ana from Overwatch and HotS with bio grenades and healing shots from a gun, and a little bit from the Goblin Alchemist hero from WC3. It could even utilize turrets and robots to assist in the healing.

In one of my class concepts, I had the Tinker being able to modify Pocket Factory into a factory that produced an army of heal bots instead of an army of robotic soldiers.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2019-08-24 at 10:03 AM.

The healing spec (if there is one) I could see being something like Ana from Overwatch and HotS with bio grenades and healing shots from a gun, and a little bit from the Goblin Alchemist hero from WC3.
    Pump-Action Bandage Gun FTW.

now hopefully the tinker guys will shut up
    Because no one should discuss something you don't like, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LorDC View Post
    Yeah, that along with Healing Spray, Adrenaline Bomb and Heal Bot gives a solid template for a healing/support spec imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, your opinion, and you are of course permitted to be wrong.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..