Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    You obivously haven't been on Moonguard.
    Argument still stands. It doesn’t prove it is a popular activity in general.

All the examples just show that a small group of players like a certain activity but you cant generalize for the whole game based on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was evident from the end of Legion and the announcement of BFA that Blizzard was going to send the Alliance vs Horde arc to its ultimate climax and then make permanent peace between them (the Jaina/Thrall cinematic confirms this).

Moving forward, and with the implementation of War Mode, I believe Blizzar is taking the DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot) route of 3+ factions. I predict they will be following:

Light (Elune/Anduin/Calia/Faol)
    Void (Old God)
    Necromatic (Sylvanas/Helya).

I for one shall worship my Old God overlords.
    i cannot even begin to describe how much i would like that daoc route. it would really be the biggest game changer.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

IMO if there is a change to factions, it'll be a single third faction comprising the "Heroes of Azeroth," lead by Jaina and/or Thrall. It will be an organization that transcends faction in order to fight major threats, founded based on the cutscene conversation between those two leaders. Players will still belong to the Horde or Alliance, will only be able to enter their faction's hubs, and will still be able to PVP and fight when it comes to inter-faction issues. However, there will be a core faction that will allow both factions to do instanced PVE content as well as possibly join the same guilds.

they're not going to ditch alliance/horde.

if they do more factions it's likely to be an aldor/scryers type additional faction system

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    [..]
    A game changer....yet, in what way if we don't even know how it would work?

Are they mutual exclusive and hostile like Horde and Alliance are for us players? So...oooops..you chose the Void? Bye Bye guild that is now split up in 3 factions and loses the minorities, because GM kick thems...and btw: Sorry player, only 8% chose the Void, so gl with raiding, in PvP and grouped content.

Or are they tolerant and you can still stay in your guild and now group with everyone? Well...where is the point adding that then?
    i think that a guild as an overlying social construct (which ultimately doesn't have anything to do with lore anyway) could transcend three factions.

there would be a grace period in which players split themselves into the new factions. since i said game changer, it would shake up the whole comfort zone. city hubs would be re-distributed or lore-wise fought for a new leadership. what if the orcs would have to look for shelter in thunder bluff whilst the undead secure gilneas as a capital and the void takes orgrimmar?

i know, it is a lot of change and it could take a few months prior to the release or the full-fledged disband of horde and alliance. it could give the game a whole new vibe, a fresh start from within.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The Greater Anduinic Union of Azeroth. There are no other factions, just one huge stupid multicultural mess akin to modern, real world, unions.

That's how this all ends up.

It was evident from the end of Legion and the announcement of BFA that Blizzard was going to send the Alliance vs Horde arc to its ultimate climax and then make permanent peace between them (the Jaina/Thrall cinematic confirms this).

Moving forward, and with the implementation of War Mode, I believe Blizzar is taking the DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot) route of 3+ factions. I predict they will be following:

Light (Elune/Anduin/Calia/Faol)
    Void (Old God)
    Necromatic (Sylvanas/Helya).

I for one shall worship my Old God overlords.
    No there won't be multiple factions. The game will alwqys only have 2 and those are Alliance and Horde

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capo dei capi View Post
    Awww, boo hoo, you get upset at words on the Internet. Yeah, great logic in having to resort to saying "retarded" because somebody put some letters together in a way that got you rustled. Not a lot of mental function going on with you it seems. Ironically calling somebody else "retarded." Not only are YOU the retard but you're a whiny one at that.

/thread
    No, you're a retard because you claim shit that has no fact and then arrogantly decide that your word is the last and the thread should be over.
    Moron.

7+ Year Old Account
    All this positive discussion about potetially adding new factions? I'm all for it.

99.9% sure it's not going to happen. The other .1% will come from time itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Why even alienate players further? Alliance already feel they are missing out because more and more guilds are moving transferring horde.

Creating a 3rd faction will do nothing but screw up the balance between the 2 factions
    Well in a 3 faction scenario the factions tend to auto regulate, as once 1 faction becomes too strong the other 2 factions team up. Alot of people think about DAoC and think this will work here as well, but they are obviously wrong, as that only applies to PvP in a very specfic combat scenario that involves true 3 way conflict.