Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Legit /who all - entire Horde side
    is your server a horde dominated server or alliance
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Normally what I'd do is /who 120 <insert class here> to count all 120s one class at a time

Only really works if its like less than 500ish people are online though

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah they stopped doing Connected Realms many years back and I don't see why they stopped tbh. Should have kept going with it as many realms need some love. Should be an ongoing process.

One limiting factor of Connected Realm candidacy was you wanted to have the same datacenter, realm type, and time zone (I think). But they got rid of PVP/PVE realms now so it should be a lot easier to do now /shrug

Should also be some leniency on time zone, like if its an hour difference they could convert still.

On a side note, they should really up the friends cap beyond 200 with all these other games in their ecosystem. 100 -> 200 wasn't enough.
    My original server went from a west coast server time to central or est. It also went from majority horde to super majority horde. Then more of us transferred off and today I think theres less than 500 alliance in that specific server, not sure about the connected realms.

They won't do it further because people meme on them "lol dead game lol"

It's a shame because honestly most the the realm mergers failed.

3 dead realms smashed together is still a dead realm.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    My original server went from a west coast server time to central or est. It also went from majority horde to super majority horde. Then more of us transferred off and today I think theres less than 500 alliance in that specific server, not sure about the connected realms.
    I see, so they did in fact change the time zones. Didn't know that. My idea was to keep it within 1 hours, maybe 2. But 3+ would be definitely too disruptive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't connecting realms basically obsolete now with all the sharding? It basically kills server identity when virtually everyone you see is from anywhere but your own.

I see, so they did in fact change the time zones. Didn't know that. My idea was to keep it within 1 hours, maybe 2. But 3+ would be definitely too disruptive.
    Not only changed time zones, but some servers were physically moved from 1 city to another, thus increasing/decreasing players' latency.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    The whole way they went about it was dumb and ruined the server.

I just did a /who all on my server cluster and there's 13 people...

Like are they going to merge the dead servers or what? It's fucking annoying to think they'd rather just make people buy transfers.

Edit: I'm dumb, wasn't 13.
    They've merged plenty of servers... they're called "Connected Realms". They still retain their individual server populations, names, etc. but they function as a single server so guilds, friend lists, etc. all work as if they were one server.

If you do /who when in warmode it can be a bit iffy, it seems it only find those on your actual realm anyway. Going non warmode the list is full, 50 people. I don't know about other servers but when not in warmode I find more players around me from my server and it's also more populated and one of them are a medium server. I was actually surprised to see that you end up with so many from the same server and it felt more alive than it ever did in Legion, and then we didn't even have warmode. Did they improve sharding coming into BfA?

Blizzard: 13 people is enough to do a 10 man and have 3 left over to defend King Anduin against a Horde raid.

I just did a /who all on my server cluster and there's 13 people...

Like are they going to merge the dead servers or what? It's fucking annoying to think they'd rather just make people buy transfers.

Edit: I'm dumb, wasn't 13.
    Oh? How many were there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Would be nice. Classic could use some of those free realms.
    thats not how servers work.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.