Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I'm talking about points in time when secondaries meant something. ArP in Wrath, you tried to stack as much as possible to get to 100%, ilvl wasn't a big deal if it had the proper stats. Or Monks with Rune of Reorigination in MoP, trying to balance your stats perfectly so that the one you wanted it to switch to was a close to the others as possible. Those things were fun. Seeing a piece of gear that is 10 ilvls higher and it's automatically better is not fun. It's not there yet for most classes, but I worry it's heading there.
    Oh, that time in MoP when you had to go to AskMrRobot after getting each piece of gear to potentially reenchant, reforge and regem half of your gear. Yeah, fun times that were.
    At least with ilvl being king you don't need external sites to make decisions about your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Yes you take the hammer away from Timmy who can't use it for shit. You don't take it away from the construction worker who has been using it correctly for 10 years.
    And Blizzard is going to know who is Timmy and who is not how? By omniscience? By having to wade through tickets and handing out punishments? And what then when they do identify Timmy? Code a solution that makes a huge check against a database of names and blocks ML for just that account?

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Thank you for proving my point with an even better example than I could come up with.
    Except I didn't. But thank you for playing.