Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Do we have a link for sims yet? Can't go into discord atm.
    Thanks for the heads up!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, crisis averted after all.

... All these tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

... All these tears.
    Hardly, Affliction is still a dot spec with dot's that do less damage than a melee autoattack. All this change does is (possibly haven't see the sims) change the mandatory talent from DB to DS. Still only 1 choice in the 15 row, and still a 3min cooldown spec with too much damage loaded into darkglare.

But at least it's better than nerfing DB and doing nothing else.

and nobody linked his warcraft logs, would have been interesting after this "discussion" for beeing affliction a singletarget burst spec or not (it of course is.. ^^)
    but at least i´m happy when drain soul is viable, i really missed it from legion and speccing into it now, resulting in negative dps, no comment on that talent design to begin with now just delete darkglare and put its damage into our dots ^^

Darkglare should have remained as a Demonology thing, making it an Affli cd is dumb as hell.

I think just 2 changes could help warlock a lot till the next xpac in terms of dungeon/multidot

1. Make Creeping death not reduce dot duration, just make it affect tick speed. It'd still be weaker than DSM for single target but would give more time for filler and other spells after application.

2. Here there is 2 different options and personally I prefer #2
    #1 Make nightfall scale with more targets, making it better for councilfights and m+ outside of explosive weeks

#2 Make nightfall procs work on Seed of Corruption. This wouldn't even make Seed too strong since it's so weak atm, but the instant casts would help Writhe in Agony builds with having an easier time keeping corruption up and would also make Sow the Seeds a contender for teeming, maybe, but it is still not good aoe.

... All these tears.
    So talents got buffed, showing that people's qualms were correct in the first place, and you're just trying to brush it off as "tears" now?

Whatever floats your boat I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So talents got buffed, showing that people's qualms were correct in the first place, and you're just trying to brush it off as "tears" now?

Whatever floats your boat I guess?
    What are you even talking about? The whole premise of this thread was the usual - "look what these hellspawns are doing to the poor little us". On top of all these ludicrous misinterpretations of pretty simple statement by devs in the change itself.

All in all, as usual it ended up being fine. You know, just like it is for years now, that somehow sky is not falling in the end.

All in all, as usual it ended up being fine.
    Lol.

They litterally just tweaked the numbers to make an objectively unviable talent viable. Because people called Blizzard on it.
    This is the kind of basic change that is expected in the beta and/or a few weeks after release. Not 1 years and 6 months after release. in the FINAL content patch of the expansion.

Blizz objectively fucked up class design this expansion, on Affliction and many other specs.

What are you even talking about? The whole premise of this thread was the usual - "look what these hellspawns are doing to the poor little us". On top of all these ludicrous misinterpretations of pretty simple statement by devs in the change itself.

All in all, as usual it ended up being fine. You know, just like it is for years now, that somehow sky is not falling in the end.
    It wasn't a misinterpretation of what they said, no matter how hard you try to spin it. That dev statement made no sense, affliction is a burst spec, saying they're nerfing a talent to reduce burst because it's a "dot spec" is incoherent, because as we both know, Affliction is a burst spec, all it has is burst.

And again, nobody serious cared about the dps reduction, it was the fact that dev quote revealed blizzard is incompetent and doesn't know what they are talking about.

You could reword that quote to "we're reducing the burst of a burst spec because burst feels out of place on a burst spec."

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    It wasn't a misinterpretation of what they said, no matter how hard you try to spin it. That dev statement made no sense, affliction is a burst spec, saying they're nerfing a talent to reduce burst because it's a "dot spec" is incoherent, because as we both know, Affliction is a burst spec, all it has is burst.

And again, nobody serious cared about the dps reduction, it was the fact that dev quote revealed blizzard is incompetent and doesn't know what they are talking about.

You could reword that quote to "we're reducing the burst of a burst spec because burst feels out of place on a burst spec."
    "All it has is burst"? So what are unstable affliction, corruption, and siphon life aside from 3 of its top 5 damaging abilities (not including its pet)? Figments of our imagination?

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    "All it has is burst"? So what are unstable affliction, corruption, and siphon life aside from 3 of its top 5 damaging abilities (not including its pet)? Figments of our imagination?
    Guess how I know you don't understand how affliction works?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furrynight View Post
    and nobody linked his warcraft logs, would have been interesting after this "discussion" for beeing affliction a singletarget burst spec or not (it of course is.. ^^)
    but at least i´m happy when drain soul is viable, i really missed it from legion and speccing into it now, resulting in negative dps, no comment on that talent design to begin with now just delete darkglare and put its damage into our dots ^^
    Who didn't link logs? I can link mine from BOD, they're the only ones I have screenshotted rn:

> https://imgur.com/a/b2YKYap

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You're just taking the piss at this point yeah?

this whole expansion i thought DB should always crit because it was a tossup. maybe it will hit for 50k....maybe it will hit for 220k. nobody knows. Even if they nerfed the damage a little and made it always crit it would be cool...but they just went the other way with it.

I get it though, Its been the top pick all xpac and they wanted to force something else. Early sims are showing DS and NF to be higher...but its still an overall loss.