Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    The thing is, your "reasons" could literally apply to the whole game. What if we used your logic to gate everything else? Gold earned/ raids released/ gear levels? And whose progression do we use to set the pace for everyone else? The guy who makes it to max level in 2 days, 6 months, or spends their time at the inn in goldshire having cyber sex with other weirdos? No matter where you set your limit, it's going to put someone at a disadvantage eventually, that's called life. If you left everything as it is now, still need the rep, all zones explored on foot, and all quests done, just removed the time limit, it would still take about 2 weeks to get flying. If you can't hit level cap in 2 weeks, too bad for you.
    Yup, that is why i am not sayin no flying ever. That is why i am saying a x amount of time is good. You make it out like i never want flying . That is a false statement.
    And it is not like all other things ingame. Gold is a bad example.

But yeah raids and gear is a good example. They release the raids. You can do it for a while to progress and kill. And after a time the curve achievement goes away. Or the mount goes away. They give you a timeframe to do it in. And in your case if we release all the raids at once. People will skip raid 2 and 3. and go from raid 1 to 4. Because they can skip it gear wise. Why should blizzard make raid 2 and 3 then if people are going to skip it????

And yes someone will always think its to slow or fast ( like you). That is why the current system is fine. it gives the not crazy levelers/content users the time do it. While the slowpokes can do it later. And they have given us 2 achievements to get flying. once the second one hits. your way of thinking goes in.

And again.....you can not say my reasons are flawed. They are the reasons why they do not give flying from the start.
    If you do not like it. stop playing the game.

Sorry, but your reasons of "might get ganked" or "lose nodes to someone" are flawed. Those issues exist with or without flying. Ganking was far more prevalent back when all we had was ground mounts and as far as losing a node, nodes can now be tapped by multiple people.

As far as the content running out to fast, I'll repeat myself again because you don't seem to grasp it. We would still have to do everything in pathfinder achievement: Level cap, zones fully explored on foot, exalted reputation, and a have completed the full story line of each questing zone, all while on the ground.

Let's not pretend like blizzard are time gating flying for any reason other than making everything take longer to keep you subscribed for longer. Their reasons are purely profit based and to think anything else makes you delusional.

Head over to the "Ask a dev" forum on here and quickly browse through it, more people care about flying than anything else, and spoiler alert, its not to keep the time gates.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"