Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elemental or enhancement, Which one is currently recommended for questing?

Hey.

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience of doing a shaman 1-100 recently or just which of those 2 you prefer when doing world quests at 120.

3+ Year Old Account
    It's easier to level by questing as Enhancement. You can also do it as Elemental and still be viable but Enhancement is just quicker.

Enhancement. As Elemental you barely do any damage at all. You need to kill several targets to build up Maelstrom power for Earth Shock which does like 50% of the target's health but no... don't do that to yourself. Resto does more damage with just Lightning Bolts.

Enhancement is just bliss. One of the most fun specs to level as. So much customization, especially with the PvP Talents! Powerful attacks, AoE, lots of utility!

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement, and take Sundering for extra super fun time

Did they give Enhancement Shamans some defensive capability for BfA? I managed to get my Shaman to level 110 back in Legion but stopped playing her before Argus opened because she just couldn't keep herself alive long enough to finish most fights. She could go one on one with some mob or another and find her face being used to mop the floor. The average gray insect did like 999 heptadecillion infinity points of damage to her every micro-tetra-milli-billi-nano-bano-second. I don't think you can even calculate how much dps that is, she was taking.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    Did they give Enhancement Shamans some defensive capability for BfA? I managed to get my Shaman to level 110 back in Legion but stopped playing her before Argus opened because she just couldn't keep herself alive long enough to finish most fights. She could go one on one with some mob or another and find her face being used to mop the floor. The average gray insect did like 999 heptadecillion infinity points of damage to her every micro-tetra-milli-billi-nano-bano-second. I don't think you can even calculate how much dps that is, she was taking.
    Were you still wearing your WoD gear or something? Because there's no spec in the game that struggles that much with open world content.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

She was in blue Argus hand me downs. I'd hit any mob, get hit back and my health bar went from full to almost dead in less time than it took to sneeze. That is NOT a joke. One single hit did that to her.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    She was in blue Argus hand me downs. I'd hit any mob, get hit back and my health bar went from full to almost dead in less time than it took to sneeze. That is NOT a joke. One single hit did that to her.
    That's literally impossible considering the mobs scale based on your gear. Enhancement also has plenty of ways to stay alive. Healing Surge, Astral Shift, Capacitor Totem, Earthbind Totem, Hex, Windshear just to name a few. Mobs also die really quickly, so that's also something that helps with staying alive.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The impossible happens in WoW more times than I could ever count or remember. I never even logged into the server my shaman was on, since before Argus opened. Too many bad memories.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience of doing a shaman 1-100 recently or just which of those 2 you prefer when doing world quests at 120.
    enh for sure and i main elemental but once your geared at level 120 elemental just wrecks single target and aoe as well enh is doing betterr now but not as good still.

I leveled mine (back in cata i think) as elemental, you could cast LB while moving, but the fun police nerfed it

Enhancement all the way. I'm in the process of leveling my 3rd shaman as it had been years ( before cata) that I had leveled a toon from 1 to max. I wanted to see what the world was like in those lower levels post cata. I also plan to level another shaman as enhancement after the level squish. I've loved enhancement since BC when alliance first got shamans, and even though it's had its ups and downs, it'll always be my class and spec.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

15+ Year Old Account
    Elemental is by far the worst leveling spec in the game so the answer is quite clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Trick is to spend that mana/maelstrom early on heals giving your mana enough time to regen for more heals, and not waiting until the last second

Enhancement is by far the quickest spec to level as. Although I have a weak spot for Ele..

After pushing my (main) DH through the new Uldum/Vale assaults & dailies, I started working on the shaman alt. There is no comparison, so the elemental feels super slow and weak against usual mobs, not to mention elites. OK, shaman is 415 while DH is 445, but the change in play style is killing the mood.
    I suggest (and I will do it myself) to reconfigure the azerite traits to have more shields (stack maybe the inner circle trait) and more self heals. If that doesn't work, than I will just abandon it for the rest of BFA and return to my DK as "main alt".

I've been using enhance lately, even for the horrific visions. I'm a little hindered with 430 weapons but it still seems to do better than ele with a 450 weapon and bis gear.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

Enh, I usually do Resto in the beginning. It does way more damage than ele in the beginning. It’s also safer for world pvp.

I don’t usually lvl as enh since I don’t like the abomination it has become.