5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

How do I specify a target in a macro

Let's say I have a macro I'd like to make that specifies whenever I cast a heal.
    How do I specify a target with the /cast command?

10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip
    /target *enter target name*
    /cast *enter spell name*

/cast [@target=<framename>] Spell

<framename> is for example Party1, Party2, Boss1, RaidX etc etc.

I could be wrong since this is just on top of my head and too lazy to google.

Or above if it's a specific target, while mine is more generalised.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Let's say I have a macro I'd like to make that specifies whenever I cast a heal.
    How do I specify a target with the /cast command?
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@target=Shinrael][] Lay on Hands

If you dont use FOCUS CC/interrupt you might just use your FOCUS target for specific heals:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,help][] Healname

If you are DPSings as a healer, it is usually expected, you can use some TANK healing with a targettarget

showtooltip
    /cast [@targettarget,help][] Healname

I preffer with a very offensive heal class ALT modifier for selfheals, FOCUS modifier for TANK heals and TARGETTARGET modifier for "OFFTANK" heals.

/cast [mod:alt,@player][help,@targettarget][] Healname

You can also mix and match [harm][noharm][mod:...][nomod] tags to use the SAME HOTKEYS with different modifiers for HEAL, specificTARGET HEAL and DPS.

For PvP (2v2) you can also experiment with @FOCUS @targetlasttarget combinations, for basicly one real focus and a second semi-focus target if @arena1/2/3 is not flexible enough.

PVP forums, multibox forums and thoughtful key/macro binds from WoW veterans are allways a great inspiration the trick is to use them long enough till you are familiar with them.

Custom UI's with flashy animation is for noobs, good binds with smart macro ussage is what get you better reaction times and simply more APM.
    -

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast *enter spell name*
    I'd specifically like to be able to tap F1, F2, F3, etc, cast the heal, and do /p "healed this person", the heal and outprint being covered by my single macro.

#showtooltip
    /target (name)
    /cast (spell)
    /p (name) healed!

Dunno if that's what you're looking for.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drub View Post
    #showtooltip
    /target (name)
    /cast (spell)
    /p (name) healed!

Dunno if that's what you're looking for.
    Specifically I'd like to cast onto someone I'm already targeting, and then do the output party chat announcement that I used x heal on y player.

Just add the "/p name healed" to whichever macro you're already using. owo

You can add "%t" wherever you want the players name to be and it will put the name of your target. IE "I am rezzing %t" would say the players name.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    You can add "%t" wherever you want the players name to be and it will put the name of your target. IE "I am rezzing %t" would say the players name.
    Thanks. Drub doesn't seem to know macros, and it was annoying trying to get info from him when he doesn't know what he's even discussing.

#showtooltip
    /cast *enter spell name*

15+ Year Old Account
    I banged my head in the wall in Classic making a target macro (for a npc) with a defined target name including a /stopmaco for dead targets and placing a skull marker on it.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

@Bakis

Classic got no focus API?

Retail would look like this for me

#showtooltip
    /run SetRaidTarget("focus",0)
    /tar Bakis
    /cleartarget [dead]
    /focus [@focus,exists] none;
    /targetlasttarget
    /run if UnitName("focus") and UnitExists("focus") then SetRaidTarget("focus",8) end

since I encapsulate my autotarget and non-autotarget spells with a simple "target nearest enemy, no cycle, clear if dead" with

#showtooltip
    /cleartarget [dead]
    /targetenemy [noharm]
    /autoattack
    /cast XYZ

so I never waste a GCD because one of my abilitys or spells dont behave the same as most melee spells - with NO FORCED clicking to do anything in certain conditions. Thats why I use focus for special cases, since I don't want to distrubt my GCD min-max, just to stare at a target.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-11-18 at 01:35 PM.
    -