Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking for someone who has no idea of what Blizzard is going to do the next expansion or what they think a viable class idea is.
    thinking theyll be added seems like a lot of wishful thinking for someone who has no idea of what blizzard is going to do the next expansion or what they think a viable class idea is.

Necros is not a warlock they can and have existed in the same games before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    thinking theyll be added seems like a lot of wishful thinking for someone who has no idea of what blizzard is going to do the next expansion or what they think a viable class idea is.
    Except, unlike you, I never stated it as fact. I only said I want them to introduce it, and offered my ideas on how it could be done.

Unlike you, I didn't say "they will be added".
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    You have Eredar spellcasters in Argus using Arcane spells. That doesn't mean that the Legion as a whole is Arcane-based, or that Fel and Arcane are associated in any measure (they're even polar opposites in this case).
    and still that mean that legion know how to utilize fel to ressurect bones, cause those skeletons around were literally walking fel. They were GLOWING with it. And same goes with void, cause we saw void undeads. Maybe they mix 2 powers, but still

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    This IS the debate and you can get something new. It ENTIRELY depends on how Blizzard decides to make its resources work! Whether its Necromancer, Bard, Tinker, Happy flower dance monkey, super kitten karate bird, it doesn't matter...

- - - Updated - - -

You saying "edgy" and "super cringe" and thinking it's somehow oirignal is far worse my friend. All you forgot was "small indie company" when referring to Blizzard. :P
    So other people sharing my opinion dilutes it to your mind?

Maybe you can ask Blizzard for a Darkdeath Murdershadow™ the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Honest question; Can you have a Necromancer class that doesn't summon undead minions?
    Why can’t more than one class summon undead minions?

Turn dk into the amateur necromancers and make necromancers the true masters of the undead

Like it’s supposed to be

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except, unlike you, I never stated it as fact. I only said I want them to introduce it, and offered my ideas on how it could be done.

Unlike you, I didn't say "they will be added".
    still sounds like wishful thinking. you do know what the term means right? i mean... its actually pretty self explanatory. if you dont actually know what it means, dont use it.

I would rather they do destroy existing specs and do something interesting like advanced classes that build up two new specs out of the ruins of the three existing.

The game has too many specs, Half of them are barely different then the other half and any given time a giant chunk have no actual place in the game.

This is what I would want if I trusted the class development of this game. They can’t even get very basic numbers right I expect nothing and I will probably get less than that

The first act should be to ask Activision to buy them a fucking calculator. Let’s start with that then work towards broader concepts

7+ Year Old Account
    Put a DK in cloth with the ability to animate just killed mobs as a pet. Viola necro.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    dark rangers would be leather
    Not necessarily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    don't really care for the dark ranger concept.. can't they be just rangers with one spec being dark ranger?
    anyway i like the idea of using ranged and melee in their tool kit rather than just the boring old ranged only or melee only.
    kind of like a mid ranged sort of deal where you stay at mid range shooting and then move in for heavy hitters etc.
    Oh I agree with adding Ranger instead of Dark Ranger.
    Actually Blizzard could add faction-specific specs/talents, like Void Ranger spec for Alliance and Dark Ranger spec for Horde.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of these comments didn't age well...

Not only it cant work gameplay wise but it also cant work lorewise because necromancer is the truly evil class.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    Hey, it's Lilithvia here.

I've been trying to brainstorm ways Necromancer could work, without destroying Warlock or DK as it is.

I'll post the best ideas here and try to form suggestions into a three spec class, with credits going where credit is due.

One: Necromancer only needs one mass-summon spec. Let UDKs summon powerful banshees or val'kyr or gargoyles. The necromancer's place is with the ghouls and the zombies and the Abominations and the skeletons.

Two: Necromancer could fill a unique Support role that we don't see in modern WoW, while fulfilling the DPS or Healer roles.

Three: Necromancers could be capable of healing by removing broken bones, sewing up wounds, and the like. Necromancer's healing role would be extremely melee based.
    1) Can we not slap on a healing or tank spec on every new class designed plz ? There hasn't been a new ranged class/spec since vanilla, chew on that a bit.

If a ranged class is to be added make it a pure ranged dps class for all it's specs.

2) You can't make necromancer work without destroying existing specs, this has been discussed to death. The only way to viably make room for necros is :

- Unique class staple that NO other class has ( ie : warlocks are about summoning and controling demons, you can see that they have demons in all their specs and no other class can summon demons).

- Permanent pet class methodology , every pet class ( true pet class not duration based guardians ) has utilized a specific type of minion that is distinct from any other pet class ( ie : warlocks = demons , hunters = beasts), DKs used to control undead baseline (not just unholy) when they were implemented but that feature was later changed.

- Given previous expansion class changes and all class analysis one can deduce that pet class distinguish themselves by controlling/taming/summoning the type of pet rather than becoming that type , you can clearly see how demon hunters and warlocks were split apart by how DHs BECOME demons while warlocks summon and control them. Likewise the same observation can be seen between hunters and druids where druids become beasts themselves while hunters tame them.

Conclusion :

To make necromancers possible you only need to alter unholy DK's the same way demo locks were changed to make space for DHs, unholy DK's focus on diseases will stay in place but their entire pet summoning kit (apocalypse/army of the dead/ghoul) will be removed and instead their trick would be shifted into becoming undead ( Lichbourne ) as an empowerment type similar to how DHs/druids embody the aspect they turn into. Obviously the details to that can be discussed later.

- Necros would get several types of undeads to choose from baseline ( can be summoned permanently regardless of spec), something like a tank/melee dps/caster undead with different abilities and utility.

- Their spell schools and attributes will be shadow and either frost or nature ( or triple school doesn't matter , need at least 2 though).

The reasoning behind the above is that those are the only spell school combinations left for a caster since:

*Warlock (Fire / Shadow).
    *Mage ( Fire/Frost/Arcane).
    *Shaman (Fire/Nature/frost).
    *Druid ( Nature/Arcane).
    *Priest (Shadow/Holy).

As you can see , a combination of shadow/frost or shadow/nature ( or all three ) doesn't exist. ( Non-ranged specs aren't considered for obvious reasons).

- Necromancers would have 3 specs using the anima as a secondary resource to mana:

* One of said specs would obviously be tailored towards summoning , the mechanics could be something similar to demo locks but probably would be better if it was somewhat different (corpse explosion maybe?).

* Another spec would obviously have to be a direct damage based spec, maybe something to do with bones (shadow based spell school).

* Finally the last spec would be a poison (nature school) dot type of build that possibly offers something more than simple poison dots, or if it's a frost school playstyle ( if the combination chosen isn't nature) maybe a first-of-it's-kind frost type of dot build.
    Last edited by wholol; 2019-11-16 at 09:04 PM.