Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Why go through the effort of making a new start at all then?
    Why not? If Blizzard wants to do it then it's the only reason they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Sider View Post
    Because DH are trained to fight the legion, using their own magic. The void are not the legion and they use other kind of magic. Maybe we need Void Hunters .

DK make more sense if you dont mind to rise your fallen friends and make them undead guys.
    But we used paladins against elements and a thousand other not undead threats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by QuelDrathon View Post
    DH on other races will break the the lore of the class, but if done correctly it can be a good shift.
    I mean thier existsing lore was finished within the expasion they were introduced. They new lore and a new purpose. There needs to be something to explain why the Illdari continue to fight, preferably before they got involved in a faction war with factions they weren't really a part of but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    I mean illidan is the only true demon hunter as he has the actual power from sargeras himself. no other "demon hunter" has that.. they all had to improv it, be it under illidan's watch or not. It doesnt matter whether the DH was trained by illidan or not they will never be a "true" demon hunter cause no one can do it the same way illidan did. Not to mention the skull of guldan.
    there is a big theory and it was probably confirmed during mythic Gul'dan fight that when Illidan killed Azzinoth, he did the same ritual other Demon Hunters use to become what they are.

a true Demon Hunter doesn't become a demon like Illidan.

Illidan is just a special case and the first so he will obviously be different

15+ Year Old Account
    The looming threat of the Void Lords is why Sargeras started the burning crusade, so if we hunt the Void Lords, all demonic forces in the universe can relax!
    I'll give a pinky for demon/void hunter with new void powers, what have you sacrificed?

15+ Year Old Account
    "The legion is defeated and I can take a vacation."

"But the void lo--"

"VA CA TION. ME AND MY INNER DEMON ARE DONE."
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    there is a big theory and it was probably confirmed during mythic Gul'dan fight that when Illidan killed Azzinoth, he did the same ritual other Demon Hunters use to become what they are.

a true Demon Hunter doesn't become a demon like Illidan.

Illidan is just a special case and the first so he will obviously be different
    I was just making a point with the previous comment. The fact is, Illidan of course is a special case. Others saw him fight during war of the ancients. Not every night elf agreed with how he was treated when all he tried to do was help. So it is not unreasonable to think that others crafted thier own version of demon hunters without illidan's guidence and formed thier own rituals. Meanwhile when illidan was released, he trained others in different types of rituals.

Illidari is not a class, its a faction of orcs, demons, elves broken etc. one of the classes in the illidari are demon hunters who were trained by illidan, and they were traditionally elves. Night elves sought him out, and blood elves were given to him by kaelthas.

Meanwhile, the ones who formed thier own rituals while illidan was imprisoned COULD have trained other, non elf demon hunters. though it would have been extremely rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Just because the war against the Legion was successful, that doesn't mean there isn't entire planets fully inhabited by Legion affiliated demons out there. We know there are. Just like taking out the head of a terrorist or crime organization, there is always another waiting to take the reigns. Granted, none will be as strong as Sargeras, but that doesn't mean they can't adopt a new leader.

Not to mention, the Demon Hunter's fel abilities were taking the phrase "fight fire with fire" literally. When the Legion was using Fel to wage war on the Void. So Demon Hunters by default would be the most instrumental force in fighting back the Void. Who is to say that they don't add a 3rd spec with Void abilities? We've seen demons forcefully infused with Fel (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=93068/xhulhorac) which showcased the immense destructive power of the two forces meeting. A Demon Hunter utilizing both at the same time could very well be one of the strongest forces in the WoW universe.
    When the Legion was using Fel to wage war on the Void... Because demons are full of fel? and not because it was most efficient? can you literally tell me where you see that fel is most powerful against void? sorry opposition to void is light. And in Hellfire citadel we saw that you can infuse void monster with fel. so nope. Not an aswer. And "showcased the immense destructive power". DO you remember that collision of light and void made this world? so it will be even greater results. not mention the fact, that both warlocks and DH utilize shadow/void powers to some degree (void walkers, shadow bombs, shadow cleave and etc.)

edit: oh and about other planets full of demons? If those demons won't attack azeroth for some reason, or azeroth go on purging crusade across the universe, people won't care about them! Like literally no reasons, to go those worlds and attack demons, unless someone from leaders decide to make a crusade.
    Last edited by Zorish; 2019-10-19 at 05:13 PM.

Hmm i would race change my nelf if void elves became an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    While I agree that I like Demon Hunters remaining true to their Elven roots, we do have two races of Elves that could get access to the class.

I would absolutely love a Nightborne Demon Hunter. That might finally get them to give us those sweet double-sided glowing swords the Nightborne NPCs in Suramar have.
    They would never do that. That would be too much edginess for one character to have, the servers would crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I don't get this comment.

Characters who use holiness as their weapon should've got bonus damage vs void. Not sure why are you mentioning their fight with the horde...
    You’re joking right? People on this thread are saying there’s no point in making more demon hunters because the reason they were created are no longer a problem. Well, the Paladins were created for a specific reason, and no it wasn’t to fight the legion or the void but to fight the orcish horde. The point of my comment just because their original purpose is achieved doesn’t mean they can’t be useful in other areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

The thought of Pandaren demon hunters, oh god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

I only want a zandalari dh. A fitting class for the real and first defenders of azeroth.