View Poll Results: Would you be happy for a "new game" instead ?

Voters
310. This poll is closed
  • Excited

80 25.81%
  • Depends on its feature list

86 27.74%
  • Against the idea

144 46.45%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nothing would be fixed by starting over now, this would only make sense if they wanted to do something else entirely but that is not what people generally want from WoW. Also expecting the current design team to make a <current year> game and it be anything other than a microtransaction infested money sink is just flat out delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine the 2036 release date.
    It has to start over if it is to continue. We have no where to go. Shadowlands? Dragon Isles? Fight the Void somewhere? We have run out of real estate.

It's what the game needs, it's what the players crave and I'd imagine the Devs would appreciate the challenge, but it's NEVER going to happen at least from scratch it's not.

I would like a single player first person action RPG like Elder Scrolls in the Warcaft universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    If blizzard announces a new game "wow 2" at Blizzcon instead of an expansion, How would you feel about it ?
    Highly doubt that they would end wow as it is. If they put a future deadline on it like 2025 that would be plausible. But as of right now, with what we know, blizzcon is announcing 8.3, 8.3.5, and 9.0.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. Since many People wouldn't migrate to WoW 2 without everything they've collected in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Highly doubt that they would end wow as it is. If they put a future deadline on it like 2025 that would be plausible. But as of right now, with what we know, blizzcon is announcing 8.3, 8.3.5, and 9.0.
    I could see them using the 9.0 expansion to wrap up WoW. Maybe it runs a little longer than a normal expansion. It would make sense to save the Void for an over-arching theme for WoW2 similar to the part that the Legion has played for WoW over the years. They would have had to of started work on it already by now for that timeline to manifest. Maybe this will be an exciting Blizzcon for WoW after all just as Holinka predicted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    No. Since many People wouldn't migrate to WoW 2 without everything they've collected in WoW.
    People flocked to WoW Classic without their collections. I attribute that to the fresh start experience and nostalgia.
    I believe that people will also flock to WoW2. Once again, a fresh start will drive the numbers along with curiosity.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Absurd notion.

"hey, let's abandon our still successful MMO, biggest earner of our games, for a new, no guarantee of success MMO! YAY OR NAY BLIZZ BOSSES?"

I can see why people would 'dream' about something like a new and fresh "WOW"-like mmo, but it literally makes no sense whatsoever.

I'd see this happen in a few decades, after WoW is completely done for, and they'd need to get a new cash cow.

Also, most people play WoW because they're a 'part' of it, and have a lot of in-game goodies, and are completely committed to it.. losing that connection to their char\account would just make a lot of people quit wow entirely. Not everyone is into a complete restart of a massive mmo after 2-5-10-15 years of playing it.

WoW 2 would only make sense in 20~ years, and try and grab a complete new generation of gamers into it.
    oi! who do you think you are bringing logic and reasoning into a MMO champion thread! disgraceful!

I'd be down for it. The game is old and shit and looks it, would love to see a funner combat system. I honestly just want a fresh start too though..

I also admit that I don't know if it would be handled right at all, especially when I look over at Overwatch...
    Last edited by Godric; 2019-10-22 at 06:34 AM.
    Mighty one, never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    we already had a wow 2 its called cata
    Technically WoW 2 is The Burning Crusade according to version numbers. Cata is WoW 4. And BfA is WoW 8.