Thread: Whispers

Whispers

“Some look to the sky for comfort. The sleeping one always knew that hope to be futile”
    “Conviction is key. In peace remember the Gods”
    “Ny’alotha is not the only land walking in our shadows”

“In the north, a queen spreads light”
    “In the north, a king of death is convinced, and he has not been idle”
    “In the north, a queen does her best, scheming”
    “In the south, a boy king serves”
    “A master sits at his table, telling lies. Do not trust him”

“Something has changed, but we stay the same…?”
    “The world remains the way it is, but some things definitely changed”
    “Convictions are key. Where do yours lie?”

“In death there is hope”
    “In Lordaeron, the light lies”
    “The future, the past, whenever he can dream of”
    “Some shadows simply move elsewhere, spread by powerful wings”

“The world has been destroyed so many times, we need someone to repair it”
    “Death comes to all, if they are willing to fight for it”

10+ Year Old Account
    If these riddles are to be believed as genuine in regards to the next expansion, then I R Confusion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let me get on my flight and I'll give this a go.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Where from
    It's a leak I'm assuming. It looks to be a lot of stuff we already knew, and some vague pointers toward Death/Shadowlands. Also going out of its way to say no revamp.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

what if we've been mislead this whole time

the enemy of next expansion is actually the light- we destroy the voids presence on azeroth so the balance is off- the light comes and we must seek the aid of death entitys to save ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's a leak I'm assuming. It looks to be a lot of stuff we already knew, and some vague pointers toward Death/Shadowlands. Also going out of its way to say no revamp.
    Looking at it more it is nothing like other whispers

Quote Originally Posted by felfire3 View Post
    what if we've been mislead this whole time

the enemy of next expansion is actually the light- we destroy the voids presence on azeroth so the balance is off- the light comes and we must seek the aid of death entitys to save ourselves
    This isn't Shadowbringers. :P

No leak is actually done like this, they've all just been straight up "it's this boiz" followed by everyone telling them it's fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I'm starting to tire of old god riddles. They're too shallow and obvious inserts by the writers wanting to hint at future story prospects.

Whispers are best when they are vague and hint at greater horrors, not when they're designed to foreshadow stuff in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by IBM View Post
    “Some look to the sky for comfort. The sleeping one always knew that hope to be futile”

“In death there is hope”

Looking to the sky = the titans, means they won't help us.
    Remember the Gods = the Old Gods
    Ny'alotha and Shadowlands are different lands, possibly enemies

Queen that spreads light, its either Calia or Eyr
    The King of Death is the Lich King, he has been convinced? Maybe he joined the Ny'alotha forces? Maybe Ny'alotha, the Old Gods and Bolvar will be 1 "faction" and Sylvanas, the Shadowlands and whoever she is helping the other faction, this supports the Void vs Death theory
    The Queen that does her best "scheming" is Sylvanas for sure
    The Boy King who serves is Anduin, his ingenuity and good nature means that he is a pawn, doesn't see the big picture, its actually a nice development for him
    This las line probably means that there is someone serving N'zoth that is counceling Anduin, could it be Mattias Shaw? Or Jaina? Velen? My money is on Shaw

N'zoth dies, that was not supposed to happen, so things change, but in the end even death serves his plans. The convictions part is about those who have its gift, our convictions are going to be tested, our convictions on N'zoth. Its possible that he transcends death and our gift has something to do with him coming back

There is hope in Death, his Death? Or Death has an entity is OUR hope?
    The Light that lies on Lordaeron, maybe Calia's ressurection has to do with something in there? Maybe something related to Tyr? There's the shrooms in Tirisfal Glades, theres a lot of stuff there that we still don't know about. Maybe Calia's resurrection was due to the place where she died.
    The future, the past, the dream... this is Ny'alotha
    Powerful Wings? Is this a new entity?

Repair the world? Maybe Ny'alotha is like the Emerald Dream? A "perfect" Azeroth? undisturbed by mortals?
    Death comes to all, if they are willing to fight for it. Fight for the Death, this is possibly about Odyn, and the entity he gave his eye to, maybe that entity is the same that Sylvanas is "helping"?
    Last edited by Nephys; 2019-10-23 at 01:01 AM.

Check history, OP likes to make up and predict expansions.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Check history, OP likes to make up and predict expansions.
    Read the post about Fallen Kingdoms, there is a lot of BFA content or story right there.

So, that is kinda intersting and somehow a proper leak or whatever it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe these as much as I do any leaks, which is not at all. But as it's more fun to discuss these than simply ignore them, let's take a look.

I've long suspected that most of these realms that we've been discussing (Shadowlands, Emerald Dream, etc) are largely other phases/versions of Azeroth. Given what we now know of Ny'alotha, I would not be surprised if the Shadowlands has similar hidden architecture.

The other two seem to reference the Old Gods being our makers. They would know that looking to the sky is nothing as the Titans really couldn't answer.

These would seem to reference Calia, Bolvar, Sylvanas, and Anduin respectively. That master could be several different entities, not much solid there.

Isn't breaking through the barriers part of what N'Zoth seems to be hoping for with Ny'alotha? Could be a description of any reality breaking through the plane to Azeroth...Ny'alotha, the Shadowlands, etc.

“In death there is hope”
    Interesting that Sylvanas would be fighting against hope for death, yet death would have hope. Rebel faction, or does Sylvanas misunderstand her quest? The Light of Lordaeron would be Calia, the dreamer seems like N'Zoth, and the shadows with wings seem likely to be Val'kyr.

Definitely a call back to Wrathion in MoP, specifically "We must rebuild the final titan." No shortage of people that want to, but it's about getting the world rebuilt in the best way. As for the Death one, that makes me wonder if someone might opt to get followers on the side of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Interesting that Sylvanas would be fighting against hope for death, yet death would have hope. Rebel faction, or does Sylvanas misunderstand her quest? The Light of Lordaeron would be Calia, the dreamer seems like N'Zoth, and the shadows with wings seem likely to be Val'kyr.

Definitely a call back to Wrathion in MoP, specifically "We must rebuild the final titan." No shortage of people that want to, but it's about getting the world rebuilt in the best way. As for the Death one, that makes me wonder if someone might opt to get followers on the side of Death.
    You got this part better than me, the Powerful Wings are certainly Val'Kyr, I woudl say Eyr herself or Helya.

If we look at it from a general perspective I would say that the whispers speak about a battle between the void and death, it speaks about all its players, Bolvar, Eyr, Sylvanas, Helya, maybe some more, maybe Anduin, Calia... and of course the still unnamed characters

PS: I love specualtion as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    You got this part better than me, the Powerful Wings are certainly Val'Kyr, I woudl say Eyr herself or Helya.

If we look at it from a general perspective I would say that the whispers speak about a battle between the void and death, it speaks about all its players, Bolvar, Eyr, Sylvanas, Helya, maybe some more, maybe Anduin, Calia... and of course the still unnamed characters

PS: I love specualtion as well
    Good thought on Eyir or Helya. Would definitely explain why "shadows simply move elsewhere."

I see some of the void v. death that you are referencing, but I honestly see it so much about Light vs. Death at this point with those whispers. Many were seemingly about Calia & Anduin, and as you pointed out possibly Eyir too. Plus all the Death mentions alongside so many Death figures...Bolvar, Sylvanas, Helya, etc. Could make for some great stories if that is the direction Blizz opts to go.

Oh wow, more fake riddle leaks.