Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    He is mainly my pvp character for farming honor points, when I can stomach to do that. But he is also my raiding alt for fights where his utility is needed more than what my monk can bring. Plus, it's nice to have an alt and, other than my monk, a rogue is the only other class I can stand to play, and having stealth means he doesn't have to deal with the mob slog of new zones that I already went through on my monk.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

15+ Year Old Account
    For control. I don't even care if I do damage sometimes, sometimes I like to just screw with people and show them I can throw a wrench in their plans and sometimes even control them if they're unskilled enough and they will have a hard time getting payback for it.

People who "play D", camping on points. They think they're gonna do something 1v1 and then you just go in there with like 4 gap closers as Outlaw and put them down.

It's hard to be positive in a game where pvp requires you to do everything perfect to get the healer to 40% without dampening but I'll try. Control is super fun, to be able to get the arena down to a 1v1 and refresh yourself in stealth. They go grab an eye, and u just sap them run away and ur fine

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because I enjoy being a motherf**in' ninja, and have since Vanilla. My rogue is roughly a dual main with my paladin, who was my first character, and my guild thought was a rogue because I talked about sneaking into places, so I wound up making a rogue.

i started playing rogue because i liked the sneaky assassin theme.
    never had a reason to main anything else, weve always been solid in both pve and pvp.
    we have alot of utility and always at least one spec that perform well.

Since about 2006 when I played Ninja on Final Fantasy XI, stealth, control, and damage avoidance has always been my preferred play style. So much so, that I don't even enjoy playing any other way for long periods of time.

I just like being stealthy. Magic classes are too stereotypically OP, arguably so's rogues, but it's the sort of... Batman v Superman sort of deal, and I'm def. in the Batman camp because he's regular squishy bodied human but can compete with the best because tactics and knowledge. And knowledge, as they say, is power.

Because I have this class fantasy where like there's a big ass attack on the cities, and before all the warrior, paladins and front line fighting classes engages, the rogues sneak in and scouts out the place giving info to the army. Then once the battle engages, the take out strategic targets or the back line to ultimately bring victory to the horde/alliance.

Also I prefer classes that have this agile hit the enemies in their weakest point as opposed to striking them down with pure raw power.

But in reality, I just like to be able to stealth around and spend most of my time playing combat/outlaw and face pulling everything. Also being able to just afk even without flying at any time i want is pretty convenient.

Hey everyone, my name is Aluren and I'm addicted to stealthing

because it has been my main since vanilla.

because i love stealth.
    and poisons.

and damn, an undead assassin is my ultimate fantasy

15+ Year Old Account
    Because I hope that outlaw one day will be fun again, like combat were.

My main is druid.
    my alt is and has to be a rogue, outlaw even.

I don't want to destroy my computer dealing with the zone designer that has OCD or something. Seriously, why must every zone packed with mob, like if I miss a clean spot without mob I will get fired or something. Being able to by pass the mob is a requirement to get pass the daily or survive the game until they let you fly.

Negative because people are tired of being treated badly by developers.

Also, never ending dissection, and taking cool things away, is what turns players off.

I might not be as positive as op wants, but i have a love hate relationship with my rogue.

When wow came out in february 05 in europe, i spent the entire night trying to create my account. When i finaly got my account made and managed to get into the game, i made a warrior. But it was really late and i had to go to work the next day, so i only played like 2 levels. At work that day i sat long and hard and tried to find a proper class i wanted to play and on a server with more people from my own country. When i got home that day i made a hunter. I played the hunter til i came like halfways through darkshore when i met a rogue that helped me with some stuff and i really liked the look of the rogue and how he fought. This was like day 2. I then rerolled a rogue and i have played it since. Every expansions i have played my rogue, and im still playing it.

The problem now, is that i don't enjoy rogue playstyle anymore. I find combat to be shit with the rng and constant rerolling of rtb. I feel assassination is shit in world content due to the nature of bleed/dot dmg and the rampup time. I do high dps, but slow. Where a warrior just rush in and give the mobs like 3 heavy hits and kill the mobs before i even get all my dmg applied. I keep trying to change the class to something else, but i have every single achievement, every rep, every fos, shitload of unobtainable items like t3 on my rogue. so i just default back to the rogue. I am having a really hard time swapping away. Trying every expansion, but yet, here i am on the stupid rogue