Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Really? So because I started in TBC I have to hate MoP, which was one of my favorites?
    First: I started in Vanilla, not Classic. People who started the game in classic play less than 3 months and probably don't know MoP at all. And for me it's not one of my favorites, it's my absolute favorite. 8.0 had an reputation-issue, and it's still one of the top 10 stupid things blizzard made, putting valor gear behind reputations (and was quite quickly hotfixed to relax the requirements; not sure if they removed it later alltogether); but beside of this, it was the best expansion blizzard ever made.

I think the biggest issues some people have with MOP are simply one thing: PANDAS!
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-11-19 at 11:17 PM.

I hated MoP (aka Panda Island Adventure). Although it did seem to be popular with the less than hardcore crowd, so cool. I would have to agree that Woltk was probably the best overall expansion, especially early on. I would call TBC second best overall, but the best in terms of raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Wrath set an impossible bar wow has never managed to beat.

Cataclysm threw the bar down to a low because of the nostalgia TBC raiders had for 1% elitism then quickly backtracked and went -far- too much towards casuality to the point of it being laughable.

MoP was the perfect middle ground, like WOTLK it managed to have something for every player, and thats why it worked, alot of blizzards designs from Cata were pushed back to focus on a more WOTLK style casual approach but with hardcore in the mix, adding argueably the hardest raid ever made (heroic ToT) to the mix which at the time was universally praised, MoP was an amazing filler.

WoD took everything MoP gave us, once again focused on TBC nostalgia and tried too hard to literally bring TBC back with raiding being the *only* content worth doing since even PvP was meh.

Legion tried to be as good as WOTLK and MoP but only excelled in its storytelling while being mediogre in nearly everything else.

And BFA again had good story narrative, but tried too hard to rekindle the faction war, something that died years ago back in MoP by rekindling a dead idea.

Shadowlands to me feels like it will be a meh expansion, neither good or bad but universally considered "meh" like it will do decently to launch but quickly be like WoD/BFA but with a bit more to do.
    The thing is they never really had to "beat" wrath. It had a winning (early) formula that did not need to be screwed with (except for some small tweaks). They should have kept the wotlk formula and just made new content and stories instead of flipping the entire game upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    To be fair - Mists had what was basically the catalyst for Mythic dungeons, Challenge mode.
    I know but if they make a mist legacy realm and add them that would be great. I'd never play live wow again unless it took mops class design.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I think you'd best prepare for 14 months of N'zoth because they basically had nothing to show at Blizzcon for Shadowlands.

Blizzcon was:

1 zone with barely anything playable.
    Didn't show the tower.
    Didn't show any new class design.
    Didn't show covenants.
    "Features" trailer was completely empty.
    Wouldn't talk about itemization because they "hadn't decided yet".

Oh also - 8.3 has less than half the content that SoO had in MoP. You think a Withered/Chromie scenario, a raid and recycled invasions WQs(third time) will carry this game for 12-14 months? Think again.
    Blizzard is banking on the player base grinding neck, cloak and cursed gear for the next yr+. Everything is heavily gated, wont be able to run many cloak missions, corrupted gear is up in the air if you see it or it roles right and the neck is limited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    I know but if they make a mist legacy realm and add them that would be great. I'd never play live wow again unless it took mops class design.
    If they ever announce Mists servers, I'd be very, very happy.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren were a hard pill to swallow. I pity people who missed out on MoP because they couldn't get past that initial shock of kung fu panda crossed with warcraft. Best PvP ever.

BC was the best expansion

I'm sure it's been said, but multiple reasons why MOP is ranked #2.
    MOP came after Cata which was a shit show and terrible so naturally anything is going to be better
    A lot of current players STARTED in mop, so they most likely are biased
    After MOP came WOD, another disaster. When a terrible expansion comes after a decent one you're going to think "man the last version was so much better"

MOP is only #2 because blizzard made it seem that way with their terrible 2 expansions before and after.