Poll: What is Cataclysm's legacy?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    What did you think about it? What did you like and dislike?
    Loved the new races, they provided so much replay value. Loved the re-done leveling, again, made it so easy to get one of every class through what was then completely new content. It was like it was WoW 2. Everything was up to date. Loved the new zones, the initial raids, troll dungeons.

I only hated Dragon Soul and Abyssal Maw being canceled. Cataclysm turned me into the kind of player I am today, an altholic, jack of all trades, master of none as my GM once said. That's Cataclysm's legacy for me.

That's why I voted for 1-60 revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I will always thank Cataclysm for bringing Transmog into the game. Still one of the best features in WoW.
    This is what I came here to say. Transmog was so restrictive at the time, but so many people were thankful for it nonetheless.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking the world, Transmog the whining about Thrall. Dragon SOul woes and LFR. I'd say it was a memorable expansion and not necessarily to any good or bad, just what happened during it is what made it memorable. I'm glad I experienced it, slightly sad the world won't be hurt as much as the Cataclysm did.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It had the first big move towards making spec identity more important than class identity.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Cons: It was really bad idea to attempt to make flashback to Vanilla gimped class mechanics after having the strongest classes ever in WotLK
    I guess they haven't learnt it was a bad idea since they did the same in BFA with gcd changes and gimped classes after phasing out artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    You're the first person I've ever seen claim the Twilight Hammer was threatening. They're constantly portrayed as dumb lackeys that get destroyed easily. They're terrible villains.

Naga had a good zone for being menacing. However one zone doesn't redeem the expansion and that zone was also an underwater zone that wasn't done well.

If you seriously think the Twilight Hammer is more evil than the Scourge then I think you just have some unpopular opinions. WotLK did the best at portraying the enemy as evil by far. Thaddius is literally made up of women and children.
    The Scourge felt threatening in WC3. In WotLK they were a total joke, and I stand by my previous comment. The entire point was that coming from the earlier WotLK storytelling, the Twilight Hammer in the Cata lvling zones actually felt like a threat.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Dragonsoul was just sooooo bad. Definitely the worst raid they’ve ever designed though that’s pretty easy to say since generally their raid design has been consistently amazing.

Overall I was never a fan of Cata (my least favorite expansion) but transmog and the revamp of the Forsaken zones were definitely the highlights for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personaly, I liked Cataclysm... Mostly because it was when I met my current guild and started played WoW in a "less casual way".

PROS:
    - LFR (awesome for those who don't raid hardcore and still deserve to see the lore instead of going to youtube)
    - Transmog System
    - Zone themes (yes, I liked Vashj'ir... I'm a Mage... and I get why you hated it melee player.)
    - World Revamp (you can say whatever you want but it was needed, specially to keep the game appealing to new players)

CON:
    - Lack of a new continent (new zones separated by the stupid portal hub in capital city)
    - Archeology profession (grinding af)

PS: Currently I'm feeling that Shadowlands will become one of the most boring xpacs due its lack of features. (Covenants and the infinite Tower its not enough)

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I chose "Other" for transmogging. Despite some of the bullshit restrictions it came with, I still think it's one of the coolest features ever added to the game. Also, old world flying was cool.

As far as I'm concerned, LFR wasn't a bad thing at all. It made raids accessible for players who otherwise didn't have the time or desire to repeatedly bash their heads against the wall on the harder stuff, even if what they're getting is a watered-down experience. And that's not taking anything away from the players who clear those higher difficulties. I have no problems with it.

I was a bit torn on the old world revamp. On one hand, I think it was kind of cool and fit with the story of what Deathwing was trying to do. Also, it was kind of fun to reroll alts of various races and see their new starting questlines. I didn't like how the old, pre-Cataclysm world was completely inaccessible afterwards, and that was one of Classic WoW's biggest selling points for me.

And yeah, archaeology didn't do much for me.