Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    -It has inferior quality of content in compare to Legion
    Also the more i think about legion, the less i like it with time, i don't like wq system where u login and u get random whatever anything anywhere, instead of the far better daily system, u log anytime a day, u know there are quests, u don't have to camp and hope that the faction u need will have a quest today
    WQs were an improvement over dailies, but they had 2 downsides:
    - Before you get flying you spend more time circling the zone than actually doing the quest objectives, dailies were all in 1 spot
    - AP / paragon reps that only exist to artificially extend the shelf life of WQs which means you're doing the same emissaries for 2 years and it's boring as hell, while dailies you did for a couple of months and then never again, unless maybe on an alt if you needed the rep (and now you need the rep on every alt you wanna play for essences... just great...)

-Islands exp reminds me of MoP scenarios, except they are all same scenario just reskinned -.- (I didn't like scenario that much in first place anyway, but they varied a lot at least)
    Islands were overhyped on Blizzcon, you were meant to explore, pick your targets smart, loot and run, etc. instead we get "you get stuck in combat forever if you don't kill everything in your path" and it devolved into mass mob zerg.

-Warfront is a 'pve' bg, which is as horrible as it sounds, i was interested in it, but when i did them i discovered how bad they are, u can't bg vs pve, they will always do same thing, playing against them show me how unrealistic the fear of AI overlords since (at least in wow) AI is as dumb as dumbest wow player
    Worst part is every wafront is exactly the same experience, order of buildings and progression is always the same, the whole experience is awfully on rails with zero variety to it.

but the worst part was Nazjatar, i had far more hope for a 10000 years old capital of nelf and the top of Naga society, only to see it a generic ruin,
    Well yeah, I expected Argus to be a planet, with a whole demon city on it, and what we got was a few floating rocks. We also expected emerald nightmare to be an area worth of an expansion, not a small entry raid.

Tbh there are a lot of places we expected to see and be much bigger, like Nerubian kingdom in wotlk that ended up being 1,5 dungeon worth of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Also this. A LOT of people had a VERY hard time understanding the concept of an alternate timeline. Blizz overestimated the understanding capacity of your average player. Even after a year of WoD you could still see people confused of why X char is still alive.
    I dunno about that. There isn't that much that is hard to understand. Now ask me "Do you like that kind of story?" I'm 99% confident a story can be crap but if the game is good, that is all that matters. There are plenty of games with no story at all and still do great. In this case, WoD just didn't have much going for it, if you weren't interested in making millions of gold with the Garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Then it happened 2 expansions later with BfA. :thinking:.

It's incredible how quickly people (Blizzard) can forget the past and it honestly shocked me when I realized I'm unsure which expansion I hated more. Comparing WoD to BfA is honestly one of the harder things I've had to do. All we can really hope for is SL to not be so lacking, yet again.
    Dude, can you do this message board a huge favor and stop pretending like you have any clue about subscriber levels? We haven't seen these numbers in almost 5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I actually liked the Warfronts but the problem is, as you say, they are sooo static. They would have needed much more random events, AI heroes spawning at random locations with troops marching for objectives, the world bosses should do something, random stuff like fire or gas at locations making them temporary unavailable or what ever. They should have made a whole bag of random events so that every Warfront is a bit different each time you play it and that you have to react to stuff happening instead of doing the same thing every time you are there.
    i loved it so much that it is pretty much the reason i bought bfa, so i had an extremely positive expectation from it
    so trust me i didn't hate it for sake of 'i hate wow' wave, i really loved the idea and wanted it to work

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Tbh there are a lot of places we expected to see and be much bigger, like Nerubian kingdom in wotlk that ended up being 1,5 dungeon worth of space.
    if u loved datamining (I loved it back then) then i have news for u
    Old Kingdom is MASSIVE, and i mean the word MASSIVE literally, it is bigger than even outdoor zones like Crystalsong Forest, and had some unique texture that i never saw in wrath at least of lava river, but tbh half of the zone is very unpolished and obviously abandoned mid-work
    Blizz was so afraid of warhammer, heck wow became acronym of waiting on warhammer, warhammer is probably the biggest or 2nd biggest threat wow ever faced as mmo (2nd is of course star wars), honestly back then i thought that warhammer will actually kill wow
    Then wrath came... and it was the best wow experience ever, wrath did have problems (specially 1st raid tier, Maly vehicle was hated and Naxx was rehashed content, still cool but rehashed, only Sarathion3D was interesting), but overall experience from wrath is overwhelming positive, then came lfg .... (but let's not open that can of worms)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Because at least the gameplay didn't suck. PvP, for me and my circle of friends/guildies, was enough to sustain us. I also enjoyed grinding all the Heirloom weapons for all of my alts towards the end.

Everything sucks in BFA. Everything. WoD was 200% better than BFA, even in the drought.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Like how does that work?
    Production time does not equal to quality product. That's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    Because at least the gameplay didn't suck. PvP, for me and my circle of friends/guildies, was enough to sustain us. I also enjoyed grinding all the Heirloom weapons for all of my alts towards the end.

Everything sucks in BFA. Everything. WoD was 200% better than BFA, even in the drought.
    Uh, you okay m8? The Heirloom weapons were in MoP, not WoD. WoD had Heirloom trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Uh, you okay m8? The Heirloom weapons were in MoP, not WoD. WoD had Heirloom trinkets.
    Woops. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Garrison chores like gathering work orders, garden, and mine - chores are not fun, and running around your garrison collecting ore etc is hardly content

Hop around to find the trainer - what?

Harrison quest - 6 Harrison quests are finite

Restock my barn - only works if you have a barn

Beat each pet tamer in each zone while cycling around doing said Harrison/bounty quests - sure you do those once but after that you don't need to; the garrison pet section is enough

Do my random heroic for points - after a while you don't need to

Do all the M0s over the course of the week - only from 6.2 onwards and once you outgeared them, why would you? (other than the event)

Do challenge modes - not repeatable

Do the apexis quests - why? the currency is useless once you have bought the mount and outgear the gear you can buy from vendor

Do archaeology - finite

Farm the outdoor elites that drop order resources - why? you get more than enough from the cache and missions

Hunt for rares that drop mounts - finite

Grind reps - finite

for people who played since Day 1, WoD ran out of content rather quickly
    Cited for opinion.

The pet tamers in every zone and the dozen in Tanaan.

A daily every day.

If you hate gold and pet charms, feel free to skip them.

Again, if you choose not to do it that's your fault.

What world do you exist in that challenge modes are not repeatable.

There are numerous toys to buy, and all the pets are cageable and sellable. If you don't even care about that you can DE the goods and sell the dust for gold.

To turn in for pieces for older projects you don't have everything from?

I played since day one of WoD, only played one toon, and went to bed some days with stuff undone. If you want to go "lol who'd want to do that" to dismiss half the outdoor content of an expansion, that's on you. But don't lie and say there wasn't anything to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Here's the thing - "plenty to do" is relative. It's relative to time you spend ingame, to the attractiveness of the feature to a player (for example, a lot of people can't stand farming - I mean baleful farming? Or waiting for Poundfist to appear?), efficiency (you can finish most grinds in a set amount of time), purpose / reward (you CAN farm elites, but there is no point, you don't need extra resources; you CAN do all Mythics, but what for?).
    You're playing a game? Why are you playing it? Let's be honest. You can choose not to do any of the stuff I listed, and that's fine. But don't choose not to do any of it and then whine that you have nothing to do. Nothing in your fridge you're in the mood for does not equal empty fridge, to borrow a metaphor.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    It failed because Blizzard stopped really giving a shit about it almost out of the gate, as soon as people started leaving they stopped caring.

so u have zero problem that of all problems and u see wow in its best now right? did u actually count that the sub numbers didn't end after whatever random number i put? did u count the seconds too?
    heck did anyone who read my post thought i actually posted a real number and just random garbage because i was talking about a point and not using a super computer to count every second of it?
    I'm sorry, could you perhaps retranslate your post into something resembling more than random words? Maybe complete sentences? I have no idea what you're talking about except maybe you think we're attacking the fact you said 12 years ago instead of being more exact?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

WoD was also made to coincide with the release of the Warcraft movie. Cross-promotion. The hope was that the movie would bring in a new wave of WoW players, and the game content would boost enthusiasm for the film by current players who might not be as familiar with WC, WCII stories. However, the result was a flop on both sides, so they cut their losses and moved on as quickly as possible with the storylines and expansions the devs actually cared about.