Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    $45 for a camel with Mr. Ed teeth, an Indiana Jones plane that won't thematically fit with ANY class and a pet? Not worth the trouble. Literally the only cool thing is the back pack transmog, a variation of which I'm sure they'll implement down the line. Everything else is same old shit, different skin so definitely pass for me, guide or no guide.

THIS entire article and the process described is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS EXTREME and it's frankly sad that people would go through this for digital properties that could go poof at any moment. BUT if this is how someone decides to spend their time then so be it. What I don't get is why MMO Champion would place this article here and sanction this kind of gameplay. For some reason I thought Blizz was making changes to the Recruit A Friend system so that it couldn't be exploited like this as the original was. But apparently not. BIG F'in Sigh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sconners88 View Post
    They obviously aren't getting a lot of people biting so they sent a guide out to their most trusted fan-sites.
    WoWhead has had a guide on how to do the same thing for longer then MMO-Champion. Stop living in a fantasy world and stop creating/believing conspiracies. Blizzard did not send any one a guide.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Reading comprehension. Fansites. Plural.
    Okay so what is your expert reasoning on why they delayed dates they sent it to the fan sites? And just how many sites has it been sent to? Lets truly see how deep this conspiracy goes. Could it simply be that the fan sites know their users want to save money and get rewards at a discount? Solo or gaming recruit a friend and scroll of resurrection has been a thing in the past.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Tell me. Why do you think they specifically delayed the RAF system to after Classic launched?
    Because they wanted to? That also has nothing to do with your conspiracy that Blizzard sent guides to fan sites in order to get players to game the system.

I was able to start two new starter edition accounts under my main WoW account but am not getting offered the 50% off my first month. Am I missing something?

This isn't even remotely true or confirmed so stop spreading misinformation.

There is a datamined model for a backpack in 8.3. For all we know Wrathion wears it and players can't obtain it.
    If I remember someone was saying it was flagged in a way in which it is most likely going to be obtainable by players.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I revived this dead account to post this, because it was obnoxious as hell to figure out and hopefully I can save someone the trouble.

If you want to recruit yourself, note that the total cost people have been throwing around so far is wrong. The first two accounts you recruit (Step 2 in the guide) DO NOT get the new player discount. Meaning that the total cost if you recruit yourself using this method is $60/54 Euro (as of today's conversion value).

The breakdown is (these numbers are rounded because I can't be assed to figure out exact tax):

$30 (two full-price 1-month subscriptions, for WoW1 and WoW2)
    $80 (ten half-price 1-month subscriptions for the recruited accounts)
    -$60 (value of the four months of game time the main account receives)

Basically, you're paying full price for two mounts and $10 for the other crap.

Just a tad too much, imo. If the process was simpler and the price $15-20 less they'd have gotten me. I don't mind recruiting yourself for in-game stuff in theory, but I do mind making it such a convoluted mess to do so, and getting shafted by making the two mounts full price.
    Last edited by NostalgiaForInfinity; 2019-12-12 at 08:13 PM.

Yet you can't provide this information, at all.
    Front page man, don't be a dick because I know things that you don't.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I wonder who actually feels that these things are worth 91 euros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit of a silly question but since i'm new to RAF maybe someone could help, if i lets say recruit 2 " starter accounts " on my main account and buy a 6 month sub for each, would i then gain 2 rewards a month? totaling all of the 12 rewards but in 6?

Hello is this guide still valid? Is new account 50% off 1st month offer still live????
    Can I pay with bliz balance instead of real money?