Question How to get to level an opposing faction Allied Race fast?

Hey there,

I'm new here so excuse me if this is a dumb question.

For years now I have an account on Alliance side. Due to serious real-life issues I only recently came back to WoW. I'm loyal to my guild so leaving it for character transfer reasons, at least not with my only raid-abled main char, is not an option.

The problem is, i'd love to level a Mag'har Orc.

Is there any way I can avoid or at least speed-up the need of having to level a core race on Horde side and grind the Honorbound reputation? As I said, a character transfer of my main is not an option. And while I have several alts on the same account none of them has the 7th Legion (<-> Honorbound) reputation.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ExBa View Post
    Hey there,

For years now I have an account on Alliance side. Due to serious real-life issues I only recently came back to WoW. I'm loyal to my guild so leaving it for character transfer reasons, at least not with my only raid-abled main char, is not an option.

Is there any way I can avoid or at least speed-up the need of having to level a core race on Horde side and grind the Honorbound reputation? As I said, a character transfer of my main is not an option. And while I have several alts on the same account none of them has the 7th Legion (<-> Honorbound) reputation.

Thanks in advance.
    Levelling with the Anniversary AV-battleground seems to be pretty fast (as far as i heard, haven't used it myself). You could also go for a level boost, depending if that's an option for you or not.

IIRC there was a trick where you could race-change a character who was already exalted with 7th legion, and that would translate into exalted with Honorbound. I don't know if it was fixed or changed.

If that's not an option(as you implied), you'll probably have to look into traditional leveling methods. Either buy a boost or level fast using timewalking or the AV event @Jaggler mentioned. The actual reputation is VERY fast, since you get it for doing almost everything in enemy territory, as well as all the war campaign quests. Make sure you have things like the Darkmoon buff, and a contract.

Thanks for the answers so far.

I know I could race chance with a character who is exaltet with 7th Legon. I know the reputation would be translated. Problem is, the only char with the needed reputation is my main char and transferring him is not an option.

I also know leveling in AV is fast. Leveling is not what scares me. I would actually love to level the Mag'har. But to level a Mag'har I first have to unlock them. And starting a core race and getting the reputation with it is what scares me.

5+ Year Old Account

I know I could race chance with a character who is exaltet with 7th Legon. I know the reputation would be translated. Problem is, the only char with the needed reputation is my main char and transferring him is not an option.

I also know leveling in AV is fast. Leveling is not what scares me. I would actually love to level the Mag'har. But to level a Mag'har I first have to unlock them. And starting a core race and getting the reputation with it is what scares me.
    Make a demon hunter of the opposite faction. If you have to do it on another server just do it, you will level it fast with the anniversary exp and then it’s just a matter of gaining the rep.

20 lvls of anniversary bgs is a lot more palatable than stomaching a core race from 1(20 if AR) to 120.

I made a blood elf DH specifically for the purpose of unlocking Zandalari (and the other races) so that I would have a horde character I’d actually enjoy playing.

Got all unlocked besides Vulpera, slowly working on them by completing the Voldunai emissary whenever those are up.

Get exalted with your alt that is 120 with 7th Legion, faction change that to Horde - Create Mag'har.

There you go, you've cut out leveling a normal horde from 1-120

Make a BE Demon Hunter and get it to 120 in a few hours of Korrak, and then you can start in on the rep. The sooner you start the more you can take advantage of the current anniversary 15% rep gain buff. If you're not in a hurry, just park said alt in Kul'tiras somewhere and watch for 7th Legion emissaries on your main so you know when to hop over and do the Honorbound version. Half an hour every week or so will build it up relatively quickly without stressing about really having to grind it out.

I've been doing that on my Horde alt for the last month or so in Vol'dun for Vulpera unlocking purposes and she hit exalted yesterday, after putting pretty much zero effort into it.

edit* if you don't have flying unlocked yet, I'd do that first to speed things up for your Horde alt.
    Last edited by Briselody; 2019-12-12 at 04:00 PM.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Also note that the Honorbound Contracts are the cheapest, although doing the War Campaign and Assaults (I think 500 rep on Zandalar, 1000 on Kul Tiras) is already a good boost anyway. The rep is the least of your concerns in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    Get exalted with your alt that is 120 with 7th Legion, faction change that to Horde - Create Mag'har.

There you go, you've cut out leveling a normal horde from 1-120
    They'd still have to repeat the War Campaign. Also, the cost of faction changing twice may not be very appealing.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Thank you guys

If you plan to get the expansion, it comes with a 120 boost. Could use that on a Horde character then begin grinding from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there,

Thanks in advance.
    Make a DH, which starts at level 98. Do Korrak's Revenge with heirlooms, be 120 in like 6 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    IIRC there was a trick where you could race-change a character who was already exalted with 7th legion, and that would translate into exalted with Honorbound. I don't know if it was fixed or changed.

If that's not an option(as you implied), you'll probably have to look into traditional leveling methods. Either buy a boost or level fast using timewalking or the AV event @Jaggler mentioned. The actual reputation is VERY fast, since you get it for doing almost everything in enemy territory, as well as all the war campaign quests. Make sure you have things like the Darkmoon buff, and a contract.
    This is accurate. He'd still have to do the storylines and such needed, but the rep would be done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mag'har is the first (and only) allied race I have unlocked. Unlocking them not only requires the exalted with Honorbound but requires completion of the war campaign up to a certain point. Unfortunately those two things are what is going to slow you down to unlocking them. The war campaign is gated behind reputation so until you hit certain tiers of rep, you'll be at a block until you get more rep. The suggestion of boosting something to 120 is a very good suggestion as boosted characters start with friendly rep with all BFA factions except the 2 new ones. This means you can use contracts to boost your rep via dailies and WQs right off the bat.

To everyone suggesting to make a DH. Turns out to create a DH you have to have another character of at least lvl70 (and no other DH, but that was mentioned) on said faction/server.

Turns out Blizzard is making it really hard to just get to enjoy the Mag'har.

To everyone suggesting to make a DH. Turns out to create a DH you have to have another character of at least lvl70 (and no other DH, but that was mentioned) on said faction/server.

Turns out Blizzard is making it really hard to just get to enjoy the Mag'har.
    You could roll a DK, level up to 70, then roll a DH? Do it now while DKs still start at 58.

Of course it is, it's just more expensive. Doubly so, to be exact.

Transfer him, unlock the maghar, transfer him back. Do it as soon as you guys finish the week's raids and you can be back for the next week's.