Stop it with the bias. Now.

So go ahead and tell me why somebody who posts a meme pic (which I got infracted for) and then puts this line of text in his post:

Keep on shitposting, shitposter.
    Doesn't get infracted.

But I get infracted for "necroing a thread" that was barely a couple of months old.

Answer me. Now.

First of all, necroing threads usually only applies to threads years old. Everywhere else, that is. If you call necroing threads that are a couple of months wrong, you'll have nothing but duplicate threads all over the place.

Second, what the other poster said was FAR worse than what I did, and he got away with it. Moderation doesn't work that way, people. If you knew anything about it at all, you'd know that. What you're doing is showing clear bias against certain posters, while letting other posters get away with whatever they want. You can deny it all you want, but I'll keep pointing it out for what it is. You can't stop the truth.

And I want an answer in public. Don't hide behind archaic rules you don't follow yourselves. Don't send me PMs like a bunch of cowards. Answer my points in public or go away and don't come back. Do your jobs or find people who will.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So go ahead and tell me why somebody who posts a meme pic (which I got infracted for) and then puts this line of text in his post:

Doesn't get infracted.

But I get infracted for "necroing a thread" that was barely a couple of months old.

Answer me. Now.

First of all, necroing threads usually only applies to threads years old. Everywhere else, that is. If you call necroing threads that are a couple of months wrong, you'll have nothing but duplicate threads all over the place.

Second, what the other poster said was FAR worse than what I did, and he got away with it. Moderation doesn't work that way, people. If you knew anything about it at all, you'd know that. What you're doing is showing clear bias against certain posters, while letting other posters get away with whatever they want. You can deny it all you want, but I'll keep pointing it out for what it is. You can't stop the truth.

And I want an answer in public. Don't hide behind archaic rules you don't follow yourselves. Don't send me PMs like a bunch of cowards. Answer my points in public or go away and don't come back. Do your jobs or find people who will.
    Yours was the last post, and you did necro the thread. It would appear the other poster had his or her comment deleted, and was infracted.

Doesn't get infracted.

Answer me. Now.

You agree to use the forums with the rules they established. They really don't have to do anything you ask of them since you are posting on their site. If you believe it is biased, it doesn't matter. If you don't like it, you are free to go someplace else.

You take a fan WoW website way too serious. Why break the rules if you're going to take it this seriously?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Doesn't get infracted.

Answer me. Now.

One question:

Did you actually report the other person? Or do you just expect the mods to read every single comment in every single thread looking for bad apples?

PS: The mods are volunteers. This isn't their job. They don't get paid.

PPS: I took a look at the thread you were talking about...and the guy you are complaining about got an infraction a few posts down on the same page. Maybe they figured the single infraction was good enough.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2019-12-16 at 03:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Doesn't get infracted.

Answer me. Now.

You wont get an answer in public, however, a thread like this is likely to get you another infraction. The rules exist for everyone, it might be beneficial to take the time to read them. And as others in this thread have already said, if you dont like the rules then leave.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Simply put, anything they think is wrong or wrong will be deleted,don't do anything on this forum that they think is against the rules.

Can I be totally blunt for a sec?

OP, the moderators are under no obligation to appeal to your set of standards when it comes to being "unbiased". They don't even have to be unbiased. It's a fansite, you're not contributing anything by being here, and frankly I doubt any of the mods give half a shit if you leave. If you could be any more of a Karen you'd be asking to see MMO-C's manager.

Seeking answers in a open thread and violating forum rules aside.

Your behaviour in this thread is a good indicator of why you got infracted. You can't just come with demands and language like "Answer me. Now." That just makes you seem like an entitled child and no moderator will waste their time on that. If you want answers write in a neutral style and be respectful.

You are clearly angry over your treatment, but you should not let it control your writings, it will only lead to more infractions.

"Answer me. Now." No. I do not care.

Necroing should never be an infractable offense because moderation controls whether or not a thread is locked. If something would be considered necroing, then the thread should have been locked by some automated process.

"Answer me. Now."

ummm maybe a brief ban and a break from these forums will do you a world of good.

Sorry man, there is a certain group think that goes on in MMO-C and if you aren't part of it then the rules apply.. if you are there is wiggle room.
    Just like twitter youtube twitch etc.

There is nothing much you can do just ignore that group they are losing on all fronts - which goes for two of the extreme factions lol.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

While I agree that the concept of a necro is stupid and should never be infractible, your post comes off as entitled and combative. You deserve nothing short of a perma ban for it, and should be pleasantly surprised if you get less than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    "Answer me. Now."

ummm maybe a brief ban and a break from these forums will do you a world of good.
    Asking for unbiased moderation of the forums is hardly warranting of a ban. I've been infracted countless times over meaningless crap, but I've seen people go borderline racial with the shit they say and nothing happens to them.

Doesn't get infracted.

Answer me. Now.

after reading this whole thing, i will say, you are either very old and entitled, or very young and ignorant of your own actions. but judging from the 10 year member tag, im more inclined to think the former is true. I wish you the best in improving your own dialogue practice within an open forum; you are above and beyond rude here. I hope what ever is causing your vitriol through life, is remedied. You seem so unnecessarily bitter

10+ Year Old Account

Doesn't get infracted.

Answer me. Now.

Whoo, boy.

1> Necroing a thread is bumping any thread that's been "dead" without a good reason. A general rule of thumb is a 30 day window.

2> In your case, the post wasn't even on-topic, and would've been against site rules regardless of thread necromancy.

3> If a bad post is not reported, it can get overlooked. Report posts, folks.

4> Even if a bad post is reported, the user may be infracted for a different post, and that infraction may cover bad behaviour on a set of posts. A post lacking the red tag does not mean moderation ignored it.

5> This post is against site rules too. Breaking the rules regularly is why some users get repeatedly infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Necroing should never be an infractable offense because moderation controls whether or not a thread is locked. If something would be considered necroing, then the thread should have been locked by some automated process.
    For a lot of threads, some new information might warrant reviving it. If it's auto-locked, users can't do so, and have to start a brand new thread. In general, it's better to have a single thread for a subject.

Things get missed, especially if they aren't reported. However, if something was missed and a certain period of time lapses, we're not going to go back and infract something that is months old generally. Browsing old threads just to find posts that weren't infracted properly isn't healthy for anyone, so I would encourage people to focus on their own behavior in regard to the site rules if they are concerned about improving the quality of the site.

With that said, this thread is also not allowed. If you have issues with moderation in the future, PM a global mod or use the "Contact Us" feature.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions