Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    "There are currently still no plans for account wide essences. The system at its core is about player power and that is usually something that they don't allow to be account bound."

This is the core issue with wow. Its a game. Yes, it makes sense from a lore perspective that you need to gain the power and grow naturaly, but at the same time, its a game, its real players sitting behind the characters. Having to slog through some shit thats not even remotely fun for the second or third time... Why shouldn't i just play another game instead ? I as a player have no interest in my alts following the lore and have to slog through boring parts to fit their narrative. And something as important as essences, or back in legion, legendaries. You need to have the best shit or you wont be invited by other PLAYERS

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    First of all, just to get it out of the way, we currently don’t have any 8.3.5 plans — there may be some small systems tweaks or updates for stability between now and Shadowlands, but Visions of N’Zoth is really the concluding chapter of Battle for Azeroth, and we’re excited to focus our attention on Shadowlands and the upcoming beta for Shadowlands that’ll be opening up over the course of the year.

That seems pretty conclusive to me. 8.3.5 wouldn't be a big patch anyway because x.x.5 are only ever minor additions/system changes, so it's not like we're losing anything.

I'm glad they're dropping BFA now because it's been a lost cause ever since release. Shadowlands has overshadowed 8.3 ever since its announcement.
    The story may be concluded, but that doesn't mean it confirms there won't be a 8.3.5 patch.

Remember: Wrath of the Lich King's story was concluded in 3.3.0, but 3.3.5 brought in a new raid, Ruby Sanctum, to tie it with Cataclysm. They could do a similar thing, perhaps a quest line, one of with could be Sylvanas' loyalists helping her get to Icecrown Citadel.

having that related to torghast seems concerning?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    There are currently NO PLANS FOR A PATCH 8.3.5

Oh boy... what a great way to get disappointed.
    I’m ok with this, we just need to get to shadowlands and away from bfa.

Ny'alotha is very real, but exists in an alternative reality that is starting to merge with ours.
    Expansion right there.

"NO PLANS FOR A PATCH 8.3.5"

SoG: 2 Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    One thing is for sure: I will take a long break after the story is done.

It feels like there is so mutch passion behind WoW; but not enough resources or cash.
    Does all the money go to other IPs?
    Choose from one of the following cynical options:

a.) Blizzard is a puppet company used to launder money to its Chinese overlords.
    b.) Blizzard shareholders don't care about how much fun people have playing WoW, just that they're playing WoW.
    c.) Development resources are being diverted into Activision's mobile gaming division since it has the highest return on investment.
    d.) WoW is in maintenance mode and has been since the end of Legion. BfA was an experimental expansion to see how little effort they could put into an expansion and still have the same population numbers as prior expansions. Sunk cost fallacy, yo.
    e.) It's used to pay for the development of additional Blizzard store mounts.
    f.) Fuck you, we're Blizzard.

There are currently still no plans for account wide essences. The system at its core is about player power and that is usually something that they don't allow to be account bound.
    Heirlooms have been a thing for how long now? That whole "player power not account bound" ship sailed a long ass time ago.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Heirlooms have been a thing for how long now? That whole "player power not account bound" ship sailed a long ass time ago.
    It's not really player power though and heirlooms are weaker now than stuff you get in dungeons. It's akin to getting craftables and stuff with a bonus XP attached on (even originally).

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Ah yes, since you define Heirlooms as intrinsically player power that means that the devs must agree with your arbitrary definition and therefore they're hypocritical for not agreeing with you.

8.3.5 not being planned is a tiny let down, because I was hoping for Kthir and Sethrak allied races in that patch. Who knows, might still get those for the release of SL though. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Only 2 of the 7 expansions have had a content patch after the last raid.

Wrath and Legion, and ruby sanctum sucked.

Why are we acting like 8.3.5 is some long standing tradition they are aborting?
    Legion didn't have a patch after the last raid. 7.3.5 unlocked antorus, not 7.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    One thing is for sure: I will take a long break after the story is done.

It feels like there is so mutch passion behind WoW; but not enough resources or cash.
    Does all the money go to other IPs?
    It goes to mobile games now I guess. Cod mobile turnee out to be pretty successful for activision financially and their stock hit 60 again for the first time since late 2018.

I'm fine with them making basically a break until Shadowlands. I just hope they put enough time into it since it looked way underdeveloped when they showed it in contrary to BFA and Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Legion didn't have a patch after the last raid. 7.3.5 unlocked antorus, not 7.3.
    Antorus released in 11/28/17

7.3.5 released on 1/16/18 and added some quest chains, and mostly did the level scaling world revamp.

This more proves that in the 2 expansions they did have a small patch after the last raid it was mediocre at best in both instances and 5 expansions didn’t bother. BfA is in line with the majority.

I never really expected a 8.3.5 but its dissapointing to know that 8.3 will be what we have till Shadowlands, and this patch has been absolute garbage so far. I don't want them to rush Shadowlands either but I can see it happen if the game will continue to lose subs rapidly because of this poor excuse of a patch.

Dying in Ny'alotha is as permanent as in our reality.
    So, it's not ?
    I dunno, we're endlessly fighting against the same threats and talking to the same people on Azeroth...

Ny'alotha is very real, but exists in an alternative reality that is starting to merge with ours.
    Another pocket reality to avoid having to think too long about integration and laws. I hate that...