Poll: when was your class/spec the most fun to play?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    WotLK, MoP and Legion have a lot of votes. Coincidentally, they were the friendliest xpacs for alts (Legion since 7.2, that is, it was terrible before).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP by far.
    Dk, shaman, rogue, warlock, mage, all MoP, I miss it.
    im cool pls respodn

I have yet to enjoy any iteration of Mage-ing as much as I enjoyed FFB build in WoTLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting that people feel that classes play the best in expansions that also introduce new classes.

Quite a coincidence.

Subtlety Rogue: Every version was a masterpiece until Legion which ruined it completely
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

I main a Prot/Fury Warrior. Legion was easily the "golden years" for me. Especially at the end. In prot, I was pumping out more dps than a lot of dps in our raid and doing nearly as much HPS as our healers. It was very fast paced due to the insane rage regeneration and that was a blast. Same for fury in that the rage regeneration and speed of the spec was very quick and fluid. All of the legendary items gave a lot of differing utility to both specs and it was really fun swapping them around for different types of gameplay.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've generally always enjoyed my resto druid, xpac to xpac. But, I don't even have to think about it for more than a second: TBC was when my resto druid was the most fun to play: rolling life blooms, the general absence of fucking smart heals, the armor provided by treant form. God dam I loved the TBC resto druid more than any other.

I have to elaborate further:

My ideal Subtlety Rogue would combine elements of WotLK, Cata, and WoD.

But really, I have played Subtlety since 2005 and all versions of it were good until Legion. Legion Rogue redesign is the worst disaster of game design I have ever seen. It's a fucking atrocity what they did to my beloved spec and class starting with Legion prepatch.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2020-01-21 at 03:12 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

I enjoyed ALL classes significantly more during MoP. The newly released Monk was fun as hell too, and IMO much more fun than DH's when they came out.

Shadow priest, MoP and WoD class design were both pretty fucking great, but still preferred MoP Snap shotting as a DoT class. and mind spike can go suck a nut.

Resto druid - Genesis that was added during MoP, was best design that the resto druid class had ever seen, it was incredibly difficult to use it effectively as it in essence did 0 healing, for the same mana cost as 4 rejuvs, or 1 wildgrowth. I could do an entire essay on the design of Resto druid with genesis and why it was the best, by far, that has ever happened in wows history.

Rogue was a blast in MoP especially in PVP, but combat was just so good.

I have a lot of classes I loved in Legion, Like Resto shaman. In MoP i absolutely LOVED half of the classes, but hated the rest, and During Wotlk I liked every single specc and class, except DK, so for the classes i chose to play, MoP definitely, Overall? probably wotlk

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Also, SL/SL warlock in BC was pretty fun for arenas. I did a 2v2 arena team with a disc priest partner. We struggled against some of those weird teams that were dual melee (pretty much instant GG if we ran into something like dual rogue, rogue+warrior, fury warrior +arms warrior team, etc, that could potentially just blow one of us up quickly), but we destroyed anything that had a mana bar.

Maybe getting up into the 1800's isn't anything to brag about, but it's the best I've ever done in arenas (not exactly hardcore when it comes to PvP), so I was pretty proud of it.
    My first toon was a warlock that I ran as sl/sl. I did a little bit of arena during TBC but mainly I ran BGs. As sl/sl I was, or felt I was, a fucking god, except against warriors and rogues (unless they fucked up). The hours I spent on that toon protecting a graveyard or bunker..... good times.... no, great times. That spec was awesome.

Ret in Legion. Crusade felt great and projected Divine Storm was glorious. Cheat death Divine Shield was amazing, both in PvE and PvP. Some pretty damn great Legendaries, once you got them. Retribution will probably never be as fun again. Oh and we got to wield the Ashbringer, epic stuff.

I see a lot of people mentioning MoP Ret, fair enough, with some SoO gear you could get awesome amounts of Haste, great trinkets which made the spec feel great.
    But this expansion also introduced Inquisition, an absolute abomination of a talent. For this reason, I could never give MoP Ret my vote.

A must mention, DK in Wrath, at least initially it was just broken af. Blood has some nutty frikking dps early tiers. Death Strike healing was bugged & stupid, and Runic Strike was Roflmao in pvp, still remember basically one-shotting some 80 Rogue coming to gank me at 75.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ret paladin was MoP/WoD since it was practically the same in both expansions.
    Holy priest was Wrath.
    Elemental shaman was MoP.
    Arcane mage was MoP.

So I will vote for MoP since that's 3/4.
    Ele shaman was Firelands for me. Lightning bolt while moving and perma file ele.

Arcane mage was the OP one button spec during late wrath. I remember watching a video where a guy bound arcane blast to every key and literally facerolled Gundrak.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a lot of things, but probably one of my favorite specs to play was WoD Ret...I kinda liked Legion Enhancement because of the artifact weapon, actually a lot of Legion fun was lost when the artifact weapons lost their power :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    Hi Champs!

Blizzard seems to have settled on Legion class design going forward. So I wanted to know from you guys, in what expansion you had the most fun dps'ing/tanking/healing on your class/spec.

I could imagine a system in a future expansion, where you can level through an expansion's main story line in order to unlock that expansion's dps/healing/tanking rotation for your class. WoW is an MMO first and foremost, and just because the top 0.1% of competitive players wants every spec to be perfectly balanced, I don't get to play my favorite iteration of my class? That doesn't feel right, to me. A thriving and incredibly customizable MMO should be top priority. Or do you want all the fun class iterations of the past to stay in the trash bin forever?
    Thats a shame. Blizz ruined both my main classes in Legion and as popular it seems that expansion was, I frikken hated it.
    And shepherds we shall be...

Resto Druid's been my main since about Wrath (I went Feral when I started at the tail end of TBC). Overall? I would say MoP is when it felt best, though my actual most fun came from healing Wintergrasp back in Wrath. Resto was just so enjoyable in either attacking and defending. With travel form for that huge map and rejuv blanketing and Swiftmend in a pinch, managing groups was a ton of fun and Wrath era Resto just felt super powerful.

Destro warlock/Demon warlock
    I play one or another

Legion. MoP. WotLK

all were great for me