Question Feral & solo content (WQ, dailies, world pvp) build & setup

Cheers everyone,
    I'm a restodruid main and for the last 5-6 expansions I've leveled/played as boomie when doing WQs, dailies and solo content in general.
    Over the years I've got kinda bored of the balance playstyle and I think it's time to give feral go for a change!

Long story short...I'm looking for a comprehensive up-to-date guide with talents, stats prio, azerite traits and basic rotations specific for the solo content. No over-complex minmaxing, I'm not willing to top the m+/raids charts just trying to enjoy boring chores in a different but "proper" way

I was wondering if the feral 120 leveling guide from Icy Veins would suit my needs...

Any headups are much appreciated! Thank you!

For such casual play style i would even bother with someone else guide, that would be exactly min maxing.

Current gear can carry you in world content with 2 buttons builder spender, so imho just pick talents you like, if you dont want to try hard, go for passive's and you most likely will be more then fine.

I like this video, its helped me this patch as I just got back into the game. I cant post links but YouTube Zykvar Feral PVE Guide

Basically, single target and multitarget have different talents. For single target, you want to have Sabertooth on the 1st tier and Brutal Slash on the 2nd to last tier.
    Crit and Mastery are your favorite stats.
    When fighting a stronger enemy, start with a regrowth (for blood talons) and open with Tiger's Fury+Berserk > Rake > Rip.
    Maintain a Thrash (if you have the Azerite Trait Wild Fleshrending).
    Shred or Brutal Slash to get 5 combo points and Ferocious Bite.
    When you get to 5 combo points, regrowth for Blood Talons and Ferocious Bite. Never use a Ferocious Bite unless you have Blood Talons up.
    Use the second charge of Blood Talons on Shred or Rake if the debuff is wearing off.

For multi target, you want to use Predator and Primal Wrath.
    Start the same, Regrowth for Blood Talons, Tigers Fury+Berserk, Rake, but then use Primal Wrath to apply Rip to all targets. The Primal Wrath will consume the 2nd charge of Blood Talons to make it stronger.
    Maintain Thrash if you have the Azerite Trait Wild Fleshrending.
    Swipe to get to 5combo points and use Primal Wrath. Regrowth to get Blood Talons if possible before using Primal Wrath.
    If you wanna try and apply a Blood Talons Rake to targets that will help your damage but you can still do well but Swiping away.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid question but say I have like 12 seconds left on a Rip which was used with Blood Talons and I generate another 5 combo points while sitting on the BT proc. If I smash Ferocious Bite with BT does the bonus from BT apply to my refreshed Rip along with the stronger FB or does it refresh it to a Rip which doesn't have the extra benefit of BT?

That seems to be where I was wasting a lot of my damage because I don't know if the improved Rip damage will piggy back off of a BT FB or not.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Stupid question but say I have like 12 seconds left on a Rip which was used with Blood Talons and I generate another 5 combo points while sitting on the BT proc. If I smash Ferocious Bite with BT does the bonus from BT apply to my refreshed Rip along with the stronger FB or does it refresh it to a Rip which doesn't have the extra benefit of BT?

That seems to be where I was wasting a lot of my damage because I don't know if the improved Rip damage will piggy back off of a BT FB or not.
    So, Rip keeps the benefits of it's INITIAL cast only. Empowered FBs do not increase Rip's damage. So if you do a default Rip, and then a TF and FB empowered FB, the Rip does not benefit from the increased damage, and stays at it's default damage.

For a bit more in-depth - Rip benefits DYNAMICALLY from haste and crit - It's tick rate and crit rate updates as your crit/haste goes up/down for EACH tick. It snapshots most Versa, Mastery, Agility, and external Damage buffs - This buffs will last until Rip is refreshed. Feral-spec specific damage buffs, I.E. Savage Roar, TF, and BT will last until Rip is recasted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.