Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    They've never removed a legendary quest item before, so why would they?

I have my previous Wrathion Leg Cloak.. I have All of my legendary items.. what are we on about? WILL THEY REMOVE THE BONUS, You damn well know they will lol
    I believe OP means - just the ability to get the cloak.... is being removed, not the item from your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They will just streamline visions and remove the quest line likely, I cannot see them removing visions from the game since it is a big amount of content.
    <sigh> No it's not, as you won't use it for leveling and if you reach the expansion max you will go to the current expansion. So no, it's not content that is needed or wanted by any significant amount of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    i dont see them removing this particular quest line just based on the fact that nzoth requires you to have the cloak or you go insane. people love transmog runs and they will be angry if they arent able to do them.
    I think it's safe to assume if they removed the cloak it would also involve removing the sanity mechanic. I mean wouldn't that be similar to the Timeless Isle cloak and the boss that required it to get to him etc?

i dont see them removing this particular quest line just based on the fact that nzoth requires you to have the cloak or you go insane. people love transmog runs and they will be angry if they arent able to do them.
    Wrong, cloak sanity reduction only works in visions. It does not work in the raid at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    They've never removed a legendary quest item before, so why would they?

I have my previous Wrathion Leg Cloak.. I have All of my legendary items.. what are we on about? WILL THEY REMOVE THE BONUS, You damn well know they will lol
    I think he means the ability to get such items, like Wrathion Legendary Cloak in MOP, if you don't have it, you cannot get it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Wrong, cloak sanity reduction only works in visions. It does not work in the raid at all.
    Hey man its cool if you want to post ignorantly but you need the legendary cape equipped to fight nzoth or you literally go insane and become mind controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I bet you it will still be around. The item, the questline for it, everything. I don't think even the effects will be removed as 'corruption' will be irrelevant in Shadowlands and beyond. Don't forget that there are purchasable rewards tied to Horrific Visions, including a mount AND Wrathion's backpack. Unless they want those items to be obtainable only in 8.3, which they haven't stated, Horrific Visions/Corrupted Mementos will need to still be a thing in the future, unless they come up with a new method of obtaining Wrathion's rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    So let's say I don't subscribe till pre-patch of Shadowlands. Will I still be able to do the questline and obtain it? I really don't want to play BFA.
    I'd suggest waiting until a month or so before the pre-patch. At that point the catchup mechanic should be fully in place to get rank 15 quickly which will give you all the transmog versions.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey man its cool if you want to post ignorantly but you need the legendary cape equipped to fight nzoth or you literally go insane and become mind controlled
    This is true, but it's also true that you are only required to be wearing it, you don't have to have it leveled up as the insanity resistance doesn't effect that fight and only works in the greater and lesser visions.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, my guess is that they'll have the cloak stop working by level 55 at which point it will no longer give corruption resistance. Since there's a good chance we'll all be wearing gear with absurd amounts of corruption by that point given the current drop rates we'll just be crushed.

That or in the pre-patch they'll say "we cleansed N'Zoth, enjoy your sockets!"