Worth it to come back?

Stop playing 7 months ago. Was tired of the grind and RNG on gear. Still the same shit? Wondering if I should just wait for expansion to maybe come back or not. What if anything has changed for the better?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OBM View Post
    Stop playing 7 months ago. Was tired of the grind and RNG on gear. Still the same shit? Wondering if I should just wait for expansion to maybe come back or not. What if anything has changed for the better?
    the grind will always be there, nothing changes that. rng on gear is still there; can either be corrupted or not.

Its worse than it was even, grind-wise. It's not so bad though because at least now you know it will last until the end of expansion without additional resets in gear lvls etc

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the grind will always be there, nothing changes that. rng on gear is still there; can either be corrupted or not.
    Did they remove titan/warforge?

Nope, wait for Shadowlands beta.

It's WoW, it's the exact same gear grind that has been in the game since vanilla and it isn't going anywhere.

yes, but I wouldn't say corruption is better. Sure is a more fun mechanic, but the balance is flat out broken on them. Either you get a useless effect or you get one that becomes one of your top DPS sources.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    yes. it's gone and corrupted gear replaces it. hopefully they don't reintroduce it next expac or if they do they go back to the MoP model where it could WF to 6ilvl higher but that was it.

"Worth it to come back?" threads should be banned with the likes of, "I quit" and "I got suspended because I'm a douche but won't man up and admit it", threads.

It's worse.

Corruption is a far worse version of Titanforging. Think legendaries at the launch of Legion.

And they added yet another grind with the cloak. You probably also need to grind for essences since you've been away awhile.

So, yeah, not worth it to come back. I regret coming back for this patch.

As somebody who also took a break for several months and just came back, I can't really complain actually.

The catching up happens fast. The grind is not as endless as it was before (to my surprise). You can get your neck to 75 (nearly maxed out) relatively fast. By that time you will already have the essences and ilvl you need to perform on very decent levels. The main daily chores take around 30 mins to accomplish.

Considering the fact that I can spare around 3 hours per day for WoW, I feel fine where I am currently.

The only ridiculously negative thing I can say is the existence of that complete piece of shit that is called RiO... As an UHDK I can literally shit on all average players who are even many times 15ilvls above me. But because I haven't had the time to grind out all dungeons in +12/15, my RiO is not that high, so I constantly get declined and struggle to find decent groups. Probably the only ridiculous and long farm is that of RiO points... which is an actual paradox, right there.

As usual, no one can know what is worth to you.
    Now here's the thing, we don't know what interests you. Worrying about grinding and rng on gear implies you're into raiding only and at a high level at that (not just heroic, but some serious Mythic progression). Because of this, I'd say "don't come back". And that's because you leaving for so long implies you don't have a stable guild or group of friends to do stuff with. Which means you'll have to pug and you're already behind the curve for it (you can't link anything, this is the 2nd raid week already).
    Even if you do have a guild, you're probably behind on gear and you'd hinder progression until you catch up (I wouldn't take you as a RL unless I really needed to fill a spot and had no one else available, because you just might leave when you feel like it and because you're undergeared).

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    As usual, no one can know what is worth to you.
    Now here's the thing, we don't know what interests you. Worrying about grinding and rng on gear implies you're into raiding only and at a high level at that (not just heroic, but some serious Mythic progression). Because of this, I'd say "don't come back". And that's because you leaving for so long implies you don't have a stable guild or group of friends to do stuff with. Which means you'll have to pug and you're already behind the curve for it (you can't link anything, this is the 2nd raid week already).
    Even if you do have a guild, you're probably behind on gear and you'd hinder progression until you catch up (I wouldn't take you as a RL unless I really needed to fill a spot and had no one else available, because you just might leave when you feel like it and because you're undergeared).
    As if it's the people doing mythic progression are complaining about randomness. Those people are generally smart enough to understand none of it matters.

No, it's the people that struggle through normal that complain about that stuff.

I love bfa, its been the best xpac since mop honestly,

People wondering if they should come Back because of the grind, this is my advice to you,

Never ever ever come back, theirs not gonna be any expansion or any version of wow without a grind, either deal with it or just dont play. That their is a grind doesn’t automatically mean u have do it in a certain amount of time, take it on your pace, many things arent required, the only thing thats just bad is essences abit, but hey, if spending 3 weeks to up your essencers arent worth your time, you might just need to stop playing games overall.