Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    why would i play beta to play unfinished, grindy content, with half broken specs oh and don't forget u won't be flying at all. Then do it again when it goes live, WoW shadowlands will be finished around 9.1 the last 2 xpacs are proof of this.
    you play beta to i dont know test stuff out and help fix problems by reporting them.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry thousands of others offered their contributions and blizzard ignored them until it was too late, but thanks for thinking im the fucking messiah of WoW and they would have listened to me directly and i could have changed everything, get optimism you have.
    see this is where your wrong bliz dose listen, just not to a single whiney kid crying that their class is broken because they are not topping the charts in beta, or crying when bliz nerfs their class because one skill is broken and one shots everyone. every beta has huge changes to class mechanics and skill because blizz listens.

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Lol opt in for Beta during which they test fuck all and listen to no feedback.
    100%

was in BfA beta, many bugs reported weren't fixed not until around 5-6 months into expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Radazar View Post
    you play beta to i dont know test stuff out and help fix problems by reporting them.

- - - Updated - - -

see this is where your wrong bliz dose listen, just not to a single whiney kid crying that their class is broken because they are not topping the charts in beta, or crying when bliz nerfs their class because one skill is broken and one shots everyone. every beta has huge changes to class mechanics and skill because blizz listens.
    thousands of people = single whiny kid? Also i said i didn't play beta or offer feedback and blizzard still messed it all up.

can you read what i actually said or you just trying to be pathetic and edgy?

Try again with some reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Haha it's funny because BfA sucks.

Hey, does anybody else think BfA sucks? Please quote and agree with me so I can feel better about my unique opinion.
    Relax bro and stop malding.

The real question is will they actually listen to our feedback this time so the launch isn't a dumpster fire.

I get into every beta, yet I don't even play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lunethzero View Post
    The real question is will they actually listen to our feedback this time so the launch isn't a dumpster fire.
    Maybe if you are some big Youtuber. Otherwise i think not.
    A Good Beta would be with a lot of People and if everyone uses the Forms to report every Bug they find.
    But most just want to play the new stuff and dont care about things like this. But if your are a Big Streamer then maybe all your followers will make their Voice heard about any Problem they may find.
    Last edited by supermany2; 2020-02-21 at 11:32 PM.

why would i play beta to play unfinished, grindy content, with half broken specs oh and don't forget u won't be flying at all. Then do it again when it goes live, WoW shadowlands will be finished around 9.1 the last 2 xpacs are proof of this.
    YOU probably don't want to. So don't.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoz View Post
    i dont think thats true, ive always bought the collector editions of the expansions and i only got into 1 beta, and as far as shadowlands goes i bought the epic edition but when i click to opt-in i get
    OPT-IN UNSUCCESSFUL
    We weren’t able to record your opt-in. Please try again later.
    They did the same with WC3R , that's why I suspected that they might do the same with WoW.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

What the fuckin point of joing beta when blizzard doesnt even take the feed back in consideration lol..!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ukxenon View Post
    The release first and patch later mentality is all over the games industry now for PC and consoles.
    It's always been like that. Go read some of the vanilla patch notes if you've convinced yourself this game was perfect before Activision came along. All games and major content patches launch with bugs. It's simply not possible to get them all.

Didn't we all agree at some point that beta was just another part of WoW marketing? Inb4 all the influencers get in first, so youtube and twitch can get flooded with all those new art assets.

Too bad I can't pass my beta invites out. Ever since I left back in WoD - I always get in 1st or 2nd round betas for Legion and BfA and never bothered... I'm more than suspecting the same here, since this is also probably being used as a form of advertising to the unsubscribed. "Come on, get a taste of beta! You know we're going to taste reeeeal different than you remember... really...." ;P

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    ha! this better be good.

The days of people claiming 'dont criticize, its not even beta yet' are numbered. Soon they will mutate into 'it's not even live yet' crowd. Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    The beta is there to help test the content,not to play the game proper
    Beta has not been used this way in over a decade. Beta Tests for AAA games are little more than advertising tools these days. I'm surprised anyone still thinks otherwise. Especially with Blizzard, who has a history and known practice of ignoring feedback even when given.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I believe the standard operating procedure for beta nowadays is to get some prominent streamers beta access for the hype factor. Beyond that, I'm fairly confident they have a list of people/organizations who will be receiving betas regardless of the opt-in. I've been in every beta that has been offered to the public, and maybe it has something to do with the massive amount of bug reports and feedback I tend to submit... or it's pure luck on my end.

My personal 2 cents about this beta? They need to get it right, as in this coming expansion needs to be as flawless as they can get it. Yes, they get a ton of random people that probably report/suggest random things, and they have to sort through that. Be that as it may, they better have the staff available to parse through all the information and get the testing/QA side of things done well, as well as getting as many people to alpha/beta test Shadowlands as possible. Perhaps my perception of the situation in general is literally that: perception of the situation surrounding WoW is probably pretty terrible on the player side of things. You will always have people riding the hate train or basically shilling, but even ignoring those people I'd surmise that your average gamer is probably a little fed up with the gaming industry and how Blizz isn't immune to its negative effects. While 8.3 has been (and still is) a bug-filled mess, that seems to be the trend for many games released as of late. Perhaps Wolcen is a bit fresh in my mind and the horrible issues that game has, but I think Blizz has built up a reputation where they can't just look good by comparison... they need to recapture what made people love their games in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

If they can't break that mentality (and trust me, I felt that way after the 8.3 PTR and getting suspended for a bug I reported on the PTR/live multiple times), Blizz is in for a massive world of hurt.

i mean...it wouldn't be hard for them to break that mentality. "From the beta we heard your Feedback that X doesnt work. Unfortunately we can't change that because of y so we kinda have to stick with x. But we agree that x is not optimal so we can at least give you x.2 to compensate"

But that would obviously be work...that nobody wants to pay for because "the current state of the game is irrelevant in our eyes"