Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Tab targeting isnt outdated. Its just different type of combat and offers different type of possible way to play tank. For example you cant have holy trinity tank/dps/heal in action based game. Also bosses has to be super dumb down so any class regarldess of what you play can beat it and since there cant be need for tanks and heals you cant really afford to make mechanicly complex fights.
    Well, healing in an action based game would require some workarounds, but I mean, healing works pretty well in Overwatch, for example. Tanking is already possible in that system, but again requires game makers to actually learn from their peers. Take Black Desert Online for example: Blocking in that game gives you a shield counter which maxes out at 100, and attacks will deplete that number. Work something like that, and a timing parry or dodge system from any other action game and tanks would have all the gameplay nuance already designed for them.

I'm not saying Blizzard needs to do any of this because that's not the kind of game that woW is, but if we're just going to say "It won't work" without trying to tackle the challenges, aren't we giving up far too quickly? I'd love for some action MMO to release that still has the holy trinity because it would probably be quite innovative and revolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I wonder what would happen if say Nazjatar/Mechagon flying/rep grind and rares were much faster, 1-2 weeks, and now Uldum/vale rep only 1-2 weeks as well for exalted...I guess less people would play.
    sadly true,the guys behind these changes arent doing it willy nilly,they have statistics,if it wasnt leading to more profits they wouldnt do it,they would just go back to vanila style

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I would agree with this. WoW always feels refreshing and enjoyable to me for a period of time after a prolonged break, after a month or two of playing I just can't keep interested though.
    If feel the same way. I play the first couple of months in a new expansion. I have personally enjoyed every expansion for the initial leveling. I then quit and come back for major patches if the content look fun and then quit. Then i come back for the last month to catch up and get ready for the next expansion. I find it mystifying that people keep playing over 6 months to a year plus of the same content.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    That is what we call an opinion. Not sure why you felt the need to post your opinion here. If people aren't enjoying the game they unsubscribe. If they do enjoy the game it means their opinion is different than yours. What are you trying to accomplish?
    People post their opinions here all the time. I guess positive opinions are fine?

15+ Year Old Account
    There are very little ways to be creative in WoW and that impacts the replay value for me. I can return to other games (Fallout, Terraria) that have fleshed out creative elements. It's just a no brainer, it doesn't need to be explained lol.

Retail is better than classic. Sub numbers might not indicate this, but the way the game has evolved since 2004 is s better experience than the first 2 years of the game.

I've never really thought of that perspective, OP, but I think that's true.

I think much of the problem is that WoW just continually makes its own content obsolete. There's not "place" for most of WoW's content in the game. Transmog-runs kept old content relevant for a while, but it's been long enough that most of us who were interested now have all of the gear we wanted.

Timewalking was actually a really cool concept, I think it just came a little late in the game's lifespan. It would've been a lot more compelling if raids were "locked" after an expansion ended, and Timewalking was the only way to experience them, but that's clearly hindsight talking.

I think WoW could use more Social elements. In that respect, Housing would be pretty sweet. I just don't think Blizzard understands the desire, and clearly doesn't *WANT* to, either (seeing as Garrisons just COMPLETELY missed the mark entirely). That, and there isn't much of an item economy, either.

Ok buddy, next post plz

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Blizz said a while ago that they expect "cyclical" subscribers who come and go over the course of an expansion as new content is released. If that's what you're looking for then luckily you're the target audience.
    Was coming to say this as well. +1

Well I have played several MMOs and each has its moments but wow is something I always come back to for like 3-6months