7+ Year Old Account

Post A WoW Survey For You All!

Survey Link -> https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JFQYX2Z

Hi there, I made a survey to look into the types of activities players in WoW most enjoy, wish to see improved, and spend time doing. It would be amazing if some of the folks here at MMO-Champ could take a few minutes of their time to fill it out.

* The survey is completely anonymous, and will not track your IP address or send you emails or anything.

* It takes about 5-10 minutes. You will mostly be rating your opinion of various features within the game.

* You will be able to see the results at the end if you are curious. I will create another post once I have collected enough to display my findings.

* I am collecting data for personal design understanding of MMO's, and specifically open game environments in which more than one type of activity is possible, meaning that the developers must balance the content around more than one type of player, whom are all intermingling. I also want a current and more unbiased understanding of what features are working in current WoW, and which ones players feel are mandatory but don't enjoy.

Thank you for your time!

15+ Year Old Account
    Happy to help.
    Here is something to believe in!

3+ Year Old Account
    Hope a lot pf ppl see this, interested in the results
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Should put it up on the Bnet forums if you haven't already, probably get yourself censored for it though. So far I'm the only person not playing Shadowlands, don't know why any of you would continue to support a company that's well on it ways to surpassing EA games as the worst AAA gaming company in existence. Only way to create change in a soulless corporation is by denying them money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Done...

For once, it was actually a survey that seemed thought through.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Some points are a bit weird. "Gearing/Stats/Equipment" and "Combat/Rotations/Skills" are game mechanics, not activities. And are you asking if I like getting loot?

5+ Year Old Account
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    don't know why any of you would continue to support a company that's well on it ways to surpassing EA games as the worst AAA gaming company in existence.
    Matter of a combination of personal taste, expectation and satisfaction levels I guess.

All in all, it would appear that a number of people still like the game enough (for a sheer number of different reasons) to continue playing it.

On the section of how much do you want stuff updated/imporved Theres two ways of answering the questions.
    Ppl can put major changes to features they love because they want more of it, or they can put it on features they hate because they don't want it at all in its current integration.

This leads to that weighted score being pretty useless on this section because of the duality of the question.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    don't know why any of you would continue to support a company that's well on it ways to surpassing EA games as the worst AAA gaming company in existence. Only way to create change in a soulless corporation is by denying them money.
    It's simple I will most likely play Shadowlands becasue I like what Blizzard has shown so far. So unless I end up dissapointed by beta I will buy Shadowlands when it's out.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry Sidekick View Post
    Survey Link -> https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JFQYX2Z

Hi there, I made a survey to look into the types of activities players in WoW most enjoy, wish to see improved, and spend time doing. It would be amazing if some of the folks here at MMO-Champ could take a few minutes of their time to fill it out.

* The survey is completely anonymous, and will not track your IP address or send you emails or anything.

* It takes about 5-10 minutes. You will mostly be rating your opinion of various features within the game.

* You will be able to see the results at the end if you are curious. I will create another post once I have collected enough to display my findings.

* I am collecting data for personal design understanding of MMO's, and specifically open game environments in which more than one type of activity is possible, meaning that the developers must balance the content around more than one type of player, whom are all intermingling. I also want a current and more unbiased understanding of what features are working in current WoW, and which ones players feel are mandatory but don't enjoy.

Thank you for your time!
    Blizzard should make surveys like this more often. Hope lots of people answer it to get a representative idea on what the players think about the current state of the game.

What exactly is the meaning of "enjoy" in context of this survey? For example, I like leveling alts in general, but not in BfA (which is modern WoW). Does "enjoy" ask for the current enjoyment offered by the game right now doing this activity or does it ask for my general enjoyment doing this activity, but independent from BfA?

Just curious, because in the same question there's also "Solo Challenges (Mage Tower, Visions)", which implies to me that enjoyment in general is asked, not just BfA.

Good idea actually. One great advantage of such poll is that it's anonymous and people won't fear getting attacked on the forums. Looking forward to the results and from the partial answers I saw after sending mine, they will surely rustle some jimmies. Always good to remind the vocal minority they are indeed the minority.

I hate those kind of questions
    They no perspective on why you like this or that kind of activity or why you do them etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I hate those kind of questions
    They no perspective on why you like this or that kind of activity or why you do them etc...
    That’s the downside of surveys. But they can still offer a lot of valuable information. For example, I’m happy to tell that I love Mythic raiding, M+, Horrific Visions and Mage Towers while I hate Island Expeditions and Warfronts.

The results of a survey can lead to a more explanatory debate of the results. But without surveys like this it can sometimes be difficult to know where to start the discussion.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-02-28 at 10:05 AM.