Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's not coming. The same as the infamous world revamp we are expecting for quite some time now. It's something that won't come as neither.
    This. Would be nice to have something shake up the monotony, but yeah.

BfA had the biggest prospects in the history of the game to trigger changes that would affect both factions and their sub factions but it didn't happen. For me and others it was a no brainer that something is coming, especially after the "breaking the cycle" cinematic.

Huge events were diminished by having no consequences. Again. Just this time they were bigger than ever before. If anything Shadowlands is a return to the stagnation we all know and supposedly love. They are really hesitant to touch anything in the game setup. For over 15 years now there hasn't been a single change in the status quo and faction belonging. Just new races getting added, in many cases nonsensically to the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    This. Would be nice to have something shake up the monotony, but yeah.

BfA had the biggest prospects in the history of the game to trigger changes that would affect both factions and their sub factions but it didn't happen. For me and others it was a no brainer that something is coming, especially after the "breaking the cycle" cinematic.

Huge events were diminished by having no consequences. Again. Just this time they were bigger than ever before. If anything Shadowlands is a return to the stagnation we all know and supposedly love. They are really hesitant to touch anything in the game setup. For over 15 years now there hasn't been a single change in the status quo and faction belonging. Just new races getting added, in many cases nonsensically to the Horde.
    Exactly. BfA was the expansion to change it all. We had the perfect opportunity for a world revamp AND for the removal / opening of factions. Nothing happened. Absolutely nothing. This just shows that nothing of this either planned for the future. It ain't coming.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Most servers are low population as it is. Chopping things up further is a massive step in the wrong direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Exactly. BfA was the expansion to change it all. We had the perfect opportunity for a world revamp AND for the removal / opening of factions. Nothing happened. Absolutely nothing. This just shows that nothing of this either planned for the future. It ain't coming.
    This was asked about and covered a few times at Blizzcon. The first few times they were asked they seemed confused, when asked in on of the Q & As and the crowd groaned/boo'd they looked even more confused. I think far too many of them play in a bubble and can't or don't see things from most of the players point of view. Collectively they seem to be getting further and further out of touch.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If Blizzard has one more Blitzchung-sized crisis, they are going to be under 1 million players. Because of that, they are likely going to eliminate factions completely.
    That could be actually good for the story on the long term.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

For me this 3rd faction thing just ask me "why?". What exactly are we improving by having another faction?

All I see is a bunch of issues it would cause on all of the old design of the game.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Instead of a third, I would be happy if they just let people join whatever faction they want.
    Take what they did with Pandaland, have a zone/scenario, then at the end, choose your allegiance.
    Wanna be a human running with the Horde? Well, go do it.
    Wanna be an undead who wants to redeem themselves in the eyes of their former brethren? Be Alliance.

Who gives a shit anymore.
    Just let people who what they want.
    It's not indicative of the story, of the faction, it's a single player's choice.

At the very least, let cross-faction dungeons/raids be an option.
    Make random BGs just randomly fill each side evenly.

The story can have factions, there can be capitals and dialogue and story and all that crap.
    But there could also be "just play the game" too.

There is no point in still having factions, and now you want one more...