Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Or it spawned on the hill area and is completely invisible even with max graphics settings, but still drains sanity.
    Why do you fight near the hill then? I only fight him in the open.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I know for my demo warlock he is hard as hell to re position so a lot of times I wind up just eating some eye zapping because of it. Its like those damn burrowing tentacles. They stay agroed on pet so they are just blipping up and down constantly.
    A player character has to hug tentacles, then they will not burrow but still attack the pet.

+ just stay with your back to eyes and use the "move to" button that your pet got.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    I feel people that are used to tanking have an easy time with shaw, it's the same thing going on mostly, you just scoot a little bit back and sideways and keep attacking, when there is too much goop/eyes at your current location you move a bit to relocate and start the some cycle over again. I kill him very easily with 5 masks on my somewhat modestly geared paladin 455 alt (cloak rank 14)
    This might explain why I never had a problem when so many of my guildies were complaining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Burning Bridge isn't that much of a problem if you just walk back in another angle, though. Idk how it plays as ranged yet, main is a melee, 5 masking it usually. Boomkin/SPriest aren't at the stage where they possibly could do more than a fullclear.
    I've done 5 mask full clears on melee and ranged, and I'd say Shaw is easier as melee (slightly less difficult with a pet due to eye AI). Getting good angles with slight movement adjustments tends to be more responsive, especially if you resposition and can take a small sanity hit while still doing full DPS. I have noticed that the higher your movement speed is, the harder it actually can be to reposition the boss properly since Shaw (like most mobs/bosses in the game) tend to overcompensate their movements. Kind of goes towards the whole "people with tanking experience have an easier time" argument, as that's something you become insanely familiar with and remember, such as which mobs have larger than average hit boxes and constantly readjust to eventually wander behind you unless you stand at max melee range. However, if you have enough movement speed and have a knack for mob adjustment, you can make Shaw overcompensate and run in front of you if the eyes move into a bad spot and you need to adjust to DPS.

Just save CDs for Shaw, and when your screen starts to go purple for the ring of disorienting mobs just make sure you preposition yourself in a favorable spot so you don't take massive amounts of sanity loss by wandering around. Or just be a broken DH, pop him out of stealth using your vision, double-jump over the ring of images whenever they spawn, and laugh at trivializing mechanics.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-04-01 at 06:14 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's essentially identical. Found Owl rather easy since it brings powerful CDs to burst bosses to pieces.

No, it's not. The fight does not change between melee and ranged. At all.

For that matter, Umbric isn't any easier as ranged. You still have to run up to him, and you don't have as many interrupts. Pet classes have an advantage since their pet will kick him out of his storm without having to deal with madnesses.
    Double blink as mage. I don't have the foggiest idea to do it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it's not. The fight does not change between melee and ranged. At all.
    The Shaw one absolutely changes between melee and range ... SIGNIFICANTLY.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The Shaw one absolutely changes between melee and range ... SIGNIFICANTLY.
    No, it doesn't. You do the exact same thing. Unless you're doing it wrong and try to nuke him at range.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    such as which mobs have larger than average hit boxes and constantly readjust to eventually wander behind you unless you stand at max melee range.
    And then there's the ones with a hit box larger than their melee range... so goddamn f*ing annoying. You can already hit me. Stop shuffling around.