Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Near did a full run on my alt, went to put down the orb but was stuck in combat for a good 15 seconds with actual air and died

I fucking hate visions they’re either obscenely obnoxious or a total pushover, there’s no in between.

What RNG is there? Really the only thing I can think of when you get the fear inside of Split personalities but even then you know when Split is coming and you can prepare for it most of the time. Been doing 5 masks since rank 11 or 12 at around 460 ilvl. Maybe even less. SW is def more frustrating in Org though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I'm a 463 Havoc DH with a rank 14 cloak and I've attempted 6 +5 masks and STILL cannot complete them due to the UNLUCKIEST f*cking RNG in the world.

Armsmaster in Stormwind, I get knocked into the disorient, he then does his blade flurry and I sit in the entire duration of it because of disorient. Waste my cheat death plus lose another 300 sanity.

Get through that, get to the big mob before Shaw, get feared into a disorient into touch of the abyss into disorient again, kill those, pop my orb, right as the orb spawns, I die due to loss of sanity.

This happens almost every single run I attempt, I get some massive RNG bullsh*t that completely cucks me.

Just to add to the unlucky streak i'm currently on with this DH, I haven't had a decent upgrade from a weekly chest in almost 3 months and I'm only 463 ilvl.

Everything you've mentioned is avoidable.

Wait for the spawn, run out of it then pull Armsmaster and kill it. Their spawns are very reliable in terms of how long between them too, so it's very easy to have a feeling as to when the next set should be spawning.

If you're not using cooldowns on the mini boss then clearing the rest of trash while you wait for them to come back up for Shaw, that's on you.

None of it is random, you know when it's happening, you know what mobs do what, you're just not taking the information and learning how to do a 5 mask properly.

Also don't expect 5 mask to be a breeze just because you're playing an OP Class, at your IL(and based on the skill level you're describing) you're going to need to properly utilize K'bab's, potions around the vision, and getting both vision buffs too. I also have a hunch you're not going in with food buff or a even an old flask enabled. Put the work in if you want the reward, don't expect to be able to clear it just cause your cloak is rank 14 and because you're playing a DH.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2020-04-22 at 01:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I did a 5 mask org today. Now just to do stormwind. Died to apparently not actually losing the final boss last week. Otherwise, would have had it. Can I kill that eye of chaos or would it just respawn?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I've only done a few Horrific Visions. Do they really get this terrible?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I've only done a few Horrific Visions. Do they really get this terrible?
    The more masks you put on, the more hp / damage everything does. So they can. Toss in RNG able to just screw ya and it could ruin a good run. I had so many runs ruined in ORG due to chain stuns.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Ok so i guess lack of concentration was the issue.

Yesterday I did 2x Stormwind and today I just did 3x Orgrimmar on 5 mask. Completed the Org ones with 3 orbs + cheat available each time.

Might help that I finally got Twilight Devs this week.. (3x 12% to be exact!)

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The more masks you put on, the more hp / damage everything does. So they can. Toss in RNG able to just screw ya and it could ruin a good run. I had so many runs ruined in ORG due to chain stuns.
    Why not just do it with a full party of people rather than trying to solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I did a 5 mask org today. Now just to do stormwind. Died to apparently not actually losing the final boss last week. Otherwise, would have had it. Can I kill that eye of chaos or would it just respawn?
    You can sometimes annihilate the eyes with protocol but I much prefer using the iris beam, so much more damage. Just face away

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Why not just do it with a full party of people rather than trying to solo?
    Title for doing it solo. One that you can't get in a group.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so i guess lack of concentration was the issue.

Yesterday I did 2x Stormwind and today I just did 3x Orgrimmar on 5 mask. Completed the Org ones with 3 orbs + cheat available each time.

Might help that I finally got Twilight Devs this week.. (3x 12% to be exact!)
    Thrall is easier then Alleria by far. I failed her last week on what should have been my kill. Apparently wasn't as losed as I thought I was. At least for melee he is easier. Can barely get any dps time on Alleria.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Yes of course. Just be quick about it (you have enough time to reach the top without dying/using your cheat death easily) and be careful when below 50% sanity with Leaden Foot affix because the add that spawns will slow you down since it will force you in combat. Also wait for the disorient ring to be done before you start climbing cause it can mess you up.

Edit 2: Ghastly Goulash helps in Visions, and ofc helps with cliff climb since it restores hp.
    O, m, g, at that singletarget dps Its sad really to see how easy some specc/classes have. Im a spriest and totally forced to use breath of the dying and a on use-trinket with my totally awesome shadowfiend...and, it takes ages to kill. And ive played spriest for ages so no, its just a huge ramp up specc.

Yesterday my run was ruined by a weird occurrence. I'm not calling it a bug or rng, but honestly I have no idea what happened.

I was doing SW, Matthias Shaw quarter. I killed the mini boss faceless mob then moved to the pack behind it (the one just before Shaw and his closed gate that you open together with Valeera). Upon pulling the pack, suddenly more mobs from the quarter (not sure how many, 3 at least, could be more) got aggroed and I got quickly overwhelmed and died in a chain of stuns and shit.

I did this many times before and I never got aggro from other mobs in the area like that. What caused it? I don't want this to ruin another run in the future... I don't have any pets (enh sham, but didn't use earth ele). My only explanation is that Valeera pulled them somehow, but tbh I'm not sure if that's even possible.

Either way, I got really salty over this!

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yesterday my run was ruined by a weird occurrence. I'm not calling it a bug or rng, but honestly I have no idea what happened.

I was doing SW, Matthias Shaw quarter. I killed the mini boss faceless mob then moved to the pack behind it (the one just before Shaw and his closed gate that you open together with Valeera). Upon pulling the pack, suddenly more mobs from the quarter (not sure how many, 3 at least, could be more) got aggroed and I got quickly overwhelmed and died in a chain of stuns and shit.

I did this many times before and I never got aggro from other mobs in the area like that. What caused it? I don't want this to ruin another run in the future... I don't have any pets (enh sham, but didn't use earth ele). My only explanation is that Valeera pulled them somehow, but tbh I'm not sure if that's even possible.

If it included the mob that shows up at low sanity, it probably spawned too close to one of the other packs and dragged them into combat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    My only explanation is that Valeera pulled them somehow, but tbh I'm not sure if that's even possible.

Happened to me too last run. Never happened before, and ive done like ALOT of 5 masks, for some reason she just wanted to aggro them. :P

Honestly I find zero reason to do them at all. Visions seems to be content that is exclusively for Mythic raiders. And by that I mean, unless you're doing mythic raiding or pushing high level keys there is next to no reason to bother with it at all. It'll only be yet another mechanic that goes away next expansion. If torgasht is anything close to Heroic Visions I'm done with WoW for good.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    Honestly I find zero reason to do them at all. Visions seems to be content that is exclusively for Mythic raiders. And by that I mean, unless you're doing mythic raiding or pushing high level keys there is next to no reason to bother with it at all. It'll only be yet another mechanic that goes away next expansion. If torgasht is anything close to Heroic Visions I'm done with WoW for good.
    Umm, no, it's exactly the opposite to mythic raiders designed content. It's perfect for people who can't commit to raiding schedule but want challenging content in which their character progression matters. There is plenty of reason to run them, toys, pets, titles, tramog, gear and above all, challenge.

Just because some casuals like to be spoonfed doesn't mean it's only mythic raiders who enjoy hard gaming. If it's to hard or stressful for you,pet battles and LFR are still there and not going anywhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghitza View Post
    Quick update on my stormwind run ... still have lag (400ms-500ms) but with the WA to track gift of titans the lag does not affect me anymore. I did the 5 mask run this week with 2 orbs left. I can`t believe how easy it is if you track the buff.
    heeeeeeeeey gratz man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I'm a 463 Havoc DH with a rank 14 cloak and I've attempted 6 +5 masks and STILL cannot complete them due to the UNLUCKIEST f*cking RNG in the world.

Armsmaster in Stormwind, I get knocked into the disorient, he then does his blade flurry and I sit in the entire duration of it because of disorient. Waste my cheat death plus lose another 300 sanity.

Get through that, get to the big mob before Shaw, get feared into a disorient into touch of the abyss into disorient again, kill those, pop my orb, right as the orb spawns, I die due to loss of sanity.

This happens almost every single run I attempt, I get some massive RNG bullsh*t that completely cucks me.

Just to add to the unlucky streak i'm currently on with this DH, I haven't had a decent upgrade from a weekly chest in almost 3 months and I'm only 463 ilvl.
    Hate to say it there is no RNG in visions, everything that happens to you is on a timer and gives you a warning so you can react to that, its quite scripted in the end you just need to get good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    The fact that you have 6 geared characters means your experience is fundamentally different from most because you’re completing 15-18 attempts in a week. Many players only do 2-3 total on their main, and that’s just very frustrating content design - imagine trying to progress on a raid boss where you get three attempts this week, then two attempts in two weeks, then three again two weeks later...

Now also add in the changing corruptions and you can understand the frustration.
    Well, we had a raid boss back in WOTLK which would despawn after a hour after being engaged. It's not really something new.
    I personally have been progressing in Horrific visions on my fire mage, and I have managed a full clear, all crystals/chests all mobs killed run without a big issues after getting my cloak to +15.

The case of people not being able to clear Horrific visions, is in my opinion just a matter of the player needing to think a bit outside of the box in order to work it out. Not everything can be solved by just popping your CD's and nuke whatever is in front of you. The order of how you run through a Horrific vision and what you want to focus on is more important than what your damage can be.

Besides, you can preview what corruptions there will be in the vision before you enter. After you enter the room where all the masks are, press M for map, and just hover over the different area's to figure out what the corruptions will be.
    If you are running through the vision at the level where you are using the mask for double corruption, it really shouldn't be a issue anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    You get basically a free 470+ piece of gear from there with now a guaranteed corruption.
    I wouldn't say it's spesifically for Mythic raiders though. More for the casual crowd not able to raid Mythic to get a higher ilevel.
    Last edited by Benitora; 2020-04-22 at 03:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.