Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Not necessarily true about the trivial content but I understand the point about overhealing.

Ultimately, for a Healer spec I feel WoG and LoD would be better served with CD's instead of Holy Power as their limiters. At least with CD's they're independent of each other opposed to sharing the same resource in a builder/spender spec.
    I like having a resource to spend instead of a CD, because it allows for a little bit of wiggle room on when to use them instead of just every time they're up they must be pressed. If there's like a tank hit combo coming up or something, you bank 5 power and Glory-Shock-Glory and the tank is fine. A holy priest or resto druid might save their holy word or swiftmend for that situation, but they can't land two of those in 3 GCDs like a paladin can.

Plus, I just like builder-spenders. I'm glad the play style is returning as an option for healers.

Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    I like having a resource to spend instead of a CD, because it allows for a little bit of wiggle room on when to use them instead of just every time they're up they must be pressed. If there's like a tank hit combo coming up or something, you bank 5 power and Glory-Shock-Glory and the tank is fine. A holy priest or resto druid might save their holy word or swiftmend for that situation, but they can't land two of those in 3 GCDs like a paladin can.

Plus, I just like builder-spenders. I'm glad the play style is returning as an option for healers.
    That's cool, I appreciate there are people out there who do like Holy Power. We're all entitled to our opinions/preferences so I don't want to take that away from anyone. Personally I'd prefer to be able to WoG & LoD as required without having them tied to the same resource. Again, each to their own.

Unfortunately for me (and others), whenever Blizzard overhauls a class/spec there's the potential for long standing players of that class to no longer enjoy what was their main for X years.

As the years have gone by I've enjoyed my Paladin less and less. The only class that's been with me longer than my Pally (TBC) is my Rogue from Vanilla who's been on alt status since TBC.

I really want a reason to go back to Paladin in Shadowlands, but being a Ret main just isn't enough. I need another spec, but I'm struggling to find one. I also prefer to Main Heal and Offspec DPS than the other way around.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2020-04-22 at 12:22 AM.

Holy power is such a dumpster fire for holy. Welcome back MoP WoG spam bots.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    Okay so much wrong here. HP didn't exist in Wrath. HP was always a set cost amount, there was never a dump. It was never particularly strong. They didn't just add it to holy to make it work, we have the same tools we had before minus one aoe builder I think. It's other changes, like the gimping of light of dawns healing, the increased cooldown on holy shock, the loss of the double crit effect of holy shock, the fact that word of glory is stronger on prot than it is holy ect.
    Sorry, Cata pre-patch. I didn't realize it until I saw your reply. Also when someone puts "IIRC" that means you're supposed to give them some error space, sorry I offended you lol.