Warcraft III: Reforged - MMR Changes, Ashes of Outland Launch Day, DLC#721

Shadowlands Alpha News

Warcraft III: Reforged - MMR Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    As part of our ongoing work on Warcraft III: Reforged, we’ve just made an update to our matchmaking system. There is now a wider band between the lowest value and the highest tracked values. This allows for player skill to be more accurately represented, especially for very high skill players. With this change, a 5000 matchmaking rating (MMR) should now represent a player who is rated higher than 50% of all players.

Additionally, in the Free for All system, each player’s MMR will now be updated based on their placement in the game. Players in first and second will typically gain matchmaking rating while third and fourth will lose rating. However, the players in second and third will receive notably smaller MMR changes than first and fourth, and it is possible for second place to lose MMR or third place to gain MMR depending on the disparity of MMR between players in the game. This change should help increase matchmaking accuracy for Free for All games.

As this was a change to our internal systems, there will not be a patch for players to download. The update was automatic.

Thank you.

Ashes of Outland Launch Day - Everything You Need To Know!
    Hearthstone's newest expansion Ashes of Outland launches today, April 7th. Our friends at HearthPwn have brought all the information and useful links together in this news post for you.

• The Ashes of Outland Expansion is out right now!
    • Yet another 135 new cards have been added to the game, 15 of which are Demon Hunter cards.
    • You can view all the new cards in HearthPwn's Ashes of Outland Cards List.
    • There will be a new Adventure coming with Ashes of Outland and it will be FREE, but there's no specific release date or other details revealed yet.

DLC#721
    DLC #721 has been released!

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-04-08 at 07:47 AM.

DLC very accurately describing the MMORPG community, as per usual.

That DLC perfectly sums up my hatred of tanking pugs even though tanking is my favorite thing to do on WoW.

DLC spot on the mark again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanking since BC, you have to get a thick skin if you want to tank PUGs.

But it is very rewarding once you master your role and are /w the moment you log on.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    That DLC perfectly sums up my hatred of tanking pugs even though tanking is my favorite thing to do on WoW.
    Same, I raid tank and tank lots of higher level plus with my friends, but will never tank in a pug.

Haha wow on point and I dont even play anymore

DLC is spot on.

I’ll add the mythic+ issue where you also need to memorize every pull of every dungeon before stepping into them while dps and heals coast by.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    DLC is spot on.

I’ll add the mythic+ issue where you also need to memorize every pull of every dungeon before stepping into them while dps and heals coast by.

I mean there is METHOD DUNGEON TOOLS. So that you have to ''memorize'' is a bit over exaggerated

I can relate to the DLC. I usually enjoy tanking, but other people often ruin the experience...

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    I mean there is METHOD DUNGEON TOOLS. So that you have to ''memorize'' is a bit over exaggerated
    And only tanks have to deal with it.

You can bring any clueless dps or healer to what the correct pull strat is and it doesn’t matter they just coast on the tank.

Inb4 everyone needs to know at key 639 level of difficulty.